Thread: Guo Jing with 9 Yang Zhen Jing

Default Guo Jing with 9 Yang Zhen Jing

Hello all, I'm new here so I just thought I'd try out this whole "posting" thing .

I was wondering how would Guo Jing fare with 9 Yang as his base. I know that with 9 Yin he was able to balance the Yang-type Xiang Long Shi Ba Zhang with a Yin property it didn't have before while still retaining the power of the stances.

But, could he do it with 9 Yang? If he was able to integrate Yin, could he do it with Yang? Is it even possible? Would the palms be even more powerful?

I look forward to talking with you all .

don`t know bout that, but i presume he would be the same as zwj except he has 18 dragon palms to use compare to taiji fist. in terms of power wz the usage of 18 dragons + 9 yang would be powerful, i believ.
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,
    For me, it is enough if I
    just breathe in my pure energy."

http://echallengor.blogspot.com

http://ech33.ui2u.com

9 Yang seems like it would go well with Kong Ming Quan.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Kongming Quan does seem like it'd be much better with 9 Yang. Not that it's a bad skill to begin with, but it would kill with 9 Yang.

9 Yang aimed to the balance of Yin and Yang (though Yang was a little more powerful) so if Guo Jing could master this skill, his HL18 Palms, 9 Yin techniques and Kongming Quan would become so strong that he could even beat Zhang Wuji in less than 100 moves.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 09-23-06 at 05:57 AM.

XL18Z + 9 Yang would be REALLY good.

XL18Z is the most Yang technique there is, so it would benefit greatly from being powered from 9 Yang.

And 9 Yang would bring out the very best characteristics of XL18Z. XL18Z is hard while 9 Yang is soft, but both are Yang. XL18Z + 9 Yang would be both extremely hard and extremely soft, withdrawn yet out-reaching, passive, yet aggressive, from extreme Yang comes extreme Yin, the skill would be at the highest echelons of the martial world, no opponent under heaven.

I just wonder if ZWJ were able to get his hands on the XL18Z manual in HSDS. I would assume the fights would be very short.

Quote Originally Posted by CDonC
    I just wonder if ZWJ were able to get his hands on the XL18Z manual in HSDS. I would assume the fights would be very short.
    QKDNY and XL18Z don't mix. One is proactive, and the other reactive.

Given his 9 Yang cultivation, with the additional help of XL18Z, his QKDNY will rarely come into play.

Guo Jing is dumb, he probably could do it if Huang Rong helps him. Otherwise, no

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post
    XL18Z + 9 Yang would be REALLY good.

XL18Z is the most Yang technique there is, so it would benefit greatly from being powered from 9 Yang.

And 9 Yang would bring out the very best characteristics of XL18Z. XL18Z is hard while 9 Yang is soft, but both are Yang. XL18Z + 9 Yang would be both extremely hard and extremely soft, withdrawn yet out-reaching, passive, yet aggressive, from extreme Yang comes extreme Yin, the skill would be at the highest echelons of the martial world, no opponent under heaven.
    sounds contradicting

and i don't think you can use a soft energy for a hard technique
    Last edited by yangguo_; 12-16-13 at 09:15 AM.

Except GJ figured out how to do exactly that when he incorporated 9 Yin theory into his variation of XL18P.

Besides, at the highest level, there is softness within the hard and hardness within the soft.

that's because 9 yin theory is perfect for xl18p... which is described as unmatched in its ferocity, meticulousness, and sheer power.

Meanwhile, 9 Yin theories made for a gentler XL18P, great for conserving energy.

So no, 9 Yin isn't exactly "perfect" for XL18P. I'm actually kinda surprised that GJ had the initiative and insight to merge it with XL18P (as opposed to Vacuum Fists). If it had ben 9 Yang then yeah it would have been an obvious fit.

Guo Jing with 9 Yang would have, IMHO, been a better fit with Yi Yang Zhi.