Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Enchanted Life

Fiona's character is so hateful! But I guess if you see things from her POV, you probably can understand why she's so. I mean, she's used to getting everything. Suddenly the guy she likes and the dad she respects is paying attention to this unrefined girl, who in her eyes, don't deserve the attention. Her family and love life is at stake, of course she'll be angry right?
    I do see it from her POV, which is why I detest her even more. Such a complete spoilt brat.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by janlow
    Hi, thanks so much for the synopsis. What a juicy story!

Fiona's character is so hateful! But I guess if you see things from her POV, you probably can understand why she's so. I mean, she's used to getting everything. Suddenly the guy she likes and the dad she respects is paying attention to this unrefined girl, who in her eyes, don't deserve the attention. Her family and love life is at stake, of course she'll be angry right?
    Lol.. welcome..

But I just hate meiya's character lah.. One can't force love what.. Its she love the guy, but the guy don't. Next week episode she even worse.. I am looking forward to the part when her plans were exposed.. wahahahaha
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

Quote Originally Posted by stArXjOey
    Lol.. welcome..

But I just hate meiya's character lah.. One can't force love what.. Its she love the guy, but the guy don't. Next week episode she even worse.. I am looking forward to the part when her plans were exposed.. wahahahaha
    I think accepting and treating Shanqi nice is just a part of her plot to torment her... but what exactly is the plot I don't know yet. But doing this kind of thing sure is not just being a brat anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    I think accepting and treating Shanqi nice is just a part of her plot to torment her... but what exactly is the plot I don't know yet. But doing this kind of thing sure is not just being a brat anymore!
    Yalah.. She also try to frame Shanqi.. What a sister she is!!
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

Yalah.. She also try to frame Shanqi.. What a sister she is!!
    They are only sisters in blood and name. But in terms of feelings... they are nothing more than enemies.

But really!

They are only sisters in blood and name. But in terms of feelings... they are nothing more than enemies.

But really!
    Wah.. I really don't like her playing as good sia.. Shanqi totally trusted her.. Now she is in the dark and Shanqi is in the bright. Shanqi will never know what she will do to her..
    This is driving me crazy *rolleyes*

Wah.. I really don't like her playing as good sia.. Shanqi totally trusted her.. Now she is in the dark and Shanqi is in the bright. Shanqi will never know what she will do to her..
    This is driving me crazy *rolleyes*
    You got see preview for tonight's episode? I got a feeling that Zhiyun is going to be a big jerk.

Wait. I think he's already become kind of a jerk some episodes ago.

You got see preview for tonight's episode? I got a feeling that Zhiyun is going to be a big jerk.

i agree he is a jerk. it's an underwritten character actually. on the surface, he's suppose to be some prince charming, but really sometimes do u get the feeling that he is two-timing them? he likes shanqi, but he doesn't reject meiya, and he leads her on and on... and if you read 8 Days, he's gg to sleep with meiya lor!

Lol.. welcome..

meiya's character is very one-dimensional. just like zhiyun's. that's why it's very easy to like/dislike them.

this serial has been compared to korean melodramas, which make use of many stereotypes in their characterisation and plot developments.

meiya's character is very one-dimensional. just like zhiyun's. that's why it's very easy to like/dislike them.

this serial has been compared to korean melodramas, which make use of many stereotypes in their characterisation and plot developments.
    It is Korean-like in some ways, I must admit. But at least there's not as much tears, not as cheesy (it is a little cheesy at times but the scriptwriter for 'Enchanted Life' kept it at a good level)... and I don't think Shanqi is going to die from some terminal illness... say, leukemia?

i agree he is a jerk. it's an underwritten character actually. on the surface, he's suppose to be some prince charming, but really sometimes do u get the feeling that he is two-timing them? he likes shanqi, but he doesn't reject meiya, and he leads her on and on... and if you read 8 Days, he's gg to sleep with meiya lor!
    Never read 8Days but I saw that in the opening.

And yes, I do think he's two-timing them! I am cross that he wasn't able to make a clean break with Meiya. Although I know that it's because he didn't want to hurt her feelings, but him dragging the matter simply complicates it further. And he shouldn't have done what he did tonight! Rejecting the proposal was already embarrassing enough for Meiya and her mom (though they kind of deserve it) but to propose to Shanqi in front of everyone in the very next minute...!

With that scene in mind, I am beginning to suspect Zhiyun's intelligence and his sense of consideration for both Meiya and Shanqi.

Lol.. He hinting to Meiya about the break off.. Then this meiya still clinging to him.. I want slap her sia when she at home waiting for shanqi acting so ke lian like that.. haha

Lol.. He hinting to Meiya about the break off.. Then this meiya still clinging to him.. I want slap her sia when she at home waiting for shanqi acting so ke lian like that.. haha
    He didn't insist on de-clinging her either. If he had done so, Meiya might not have gone through with her mom's plan of public proposal, thus perhaps saving her the shame and embarrassment.

Her acting kelian is expected lah. That's one of the reasons why she wants to pretend to like Shanqi --- once people likes you, you act cute or act poor thing people will sayang you.

He didn't insist on de-clinging her either. If he had done so, Meiya might not have gone through with her mom's plan of public proposal, thus perhaps saving her the shame and embarrassment.
    Isn't it wierd? To decide to marry Shanqi, after just one date to Sentosa?

Isn't it wierd? To decide to marry Shanqi, after just one date to Sentosa?

They work together everyday and they do get plenty of time together... alone. So it's not just Sentosa.

I don't know, im still too blinded by pierre's good looks to see his bad points. HAHAHA. But I know that meiya's very pretty and really, a fair face hides a foul heart. She's too fake, to pretend to love orchestra music just to please zhiyun. So why do they sleep together? She seduced him?
    magic is something science hasn't made boring!

Quote Originally Posted by muddy_paws
    I don't know, im still too blinded by pierre's good looks to see his bad points. HAHAHA. But I know that meiya's very pretty and really, a fair face hides a foul heart. She's too fake, to pretend to love orchestra music just to please zhiyun. So why do they sleep together? She seduced him?
    No idea yet but yeah, that orchestra music thing was so exaggerated on Meiya's part! I was like when Meiya bought the entire set of CDs and apparently Zhiyun shares my sentiment.

But anyway, I keep having the idea that the bed scene is a setup by Meiya. But still, anything is possible.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 10-27-06 at 08:26 AM.

i know why they slept together.

Because Zhiyun just broke off with shanqi mah.. Then went pub to have a drink.. Meiya also there drinking.. Then both very drunk...
    And its Meiya who was like seducing him one lor.... Zhiyun was controlling at first de.. but in the end, they still slept together..

Because Zhiyun just broke off with shanqi mah.. Then went pub to have a drink.. Meiya also there drinking.. Then both very drunk...
    And its Meiya who was like seducing him one lor.... Zhiyun was controlling at first de.. but in the end, they still slept together..
    That's why I say Zhiyun very disgusting lor. Two-timer.

Wonder what both girls see in him??? Is it the bad Mandarin???

Quote Originally Posted by muddy_paws
    Pierre Png looks better here than in tong xin yuan. I couldn't stand him there, especially when he kept saying "mei ren yu"....

Huh. That means they really sleep together ah.

Gross. They should really be together.