View Poll Results: So did Zhang Wuji surpassed Zhang Sanfeng in terms of martial arts?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 26.09%
  • No

51 73.91%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: So did Zhang Wuji surpassed Zhang Sanfeng in terms of martial arts?

People (in this forum at least) keep saying that ZSF is more of a theorist than a fighter but I couldn't disagree more. From just 2 encounters with the XM elders and the fake monk, we can see that he wastes no moves and goes for the KO quickly, all signs of an elite fighter. Also even though he revered GJ and YG, when mentioning those guys, he never gave any hint that he considered themselves better than himself. I think ZSF truly thought that he was at least equal to GJ/YG.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    People (in this forum at least) keep saying that ZSF is more of a theorist than a fighter but I couldn't disagree more. From just 2 encounters with the XM elders and the fake monk, we can see that he wastes no moves and goes for the KO quickly, all signs of an elite fighter. Also even though he revered GJ and YG, when mentioning those guys, he never gave any hint that he considered themselves better than himself. I think ZSF truly thought that he was at least equal to GJ/YG.
    I agree on the ZSF wastes no moves.
    ZSF is someone who is fully dedicated his (virgin?) life for gongfu with 40-50years fighting experience plus another 40-50 years become a "researcher", we can't just compare with GJ, YG and ZWF who are still facing world and personal issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yeung Gor should utilize the Heavy Iron Sword for extra advantage. Cheung Mo Gei has proven vulnerable to weaponry before.

One might say that to even things up, Cheung Mo Gei should get the Dragon Sabre, but how can he? The Dragon Sabre *was* the Heavy Iron Sword in its previous incarnation!
    Now with Marvel Multiverse conceptual, it is possible to think YG with HIS and ZWJ with Dragon Sabre in the same place, if we want to have YG & ZWJ friendly match (i personally think that it will be difficult to have protagonist death match)

Quote Originally Posted by St3v3 View Post
    I agree on the ZSF wastes no moves.
    ZSF is someone who is fully dedicated his (virgin?) life for gongfu with 40-50years fighting experience plus another 40-50 years become a "researcher", we can't just compare with GJ, YG and ZWF who are still facing world and personal issues

Now with Marvel Multiverse conceptual, it is possible to think YG with HIS and ZWJ with Dragon Sabre in the same place, if we want to have YG & ZWJ friendly match (i personally think that it will be difficult to have protagonist death match)
    End-ROCH HIS Yang Guo would easily destroy Dragon Sabre Wuji even Pre-16 HIS years Yang Guo still better than Wuji in terms of weaponry though in overall skills Wuji much better..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    End-ROCH HIS Yang Guo would easily destroy Dragon Sabre Wuji even Pre-16 HIS years Yang Guo still better than Wuji in terms of weaponry though in overall skills Wuji much better..
    End ROCH YG will of course win, more or less the same power with ZWJ and already trained with sword since his childhood, loosing will be too shameful for YG. ZWJ only use sword/sabre a few times until end of HSDS. But Pre 16 years YG, I still doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by St3v3 View Post
    End ROCH YG will of course win, more or less the same power with ZWJ and already trained with sword since his childhood, loosing will be too shameful for YG. ZWJ only use sword/sabre a few times until end of HSDS. But Pre 16 years YG, I still doubt it.
    Pre-16 HIS Yang Guo much better than Wuji in terms of weaponry not only limited in "swordplay" though Wuji much better in pure martial arts/skills especially in terms of internal art but I think he can't beat Yang Guo at that point (even with weapon) so I'll give him 50:50 against Pre-16 HIS Yang Guo..