Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would have impressed Dook Goo Kau Bai?

Default Who would have impressed Dook Goo Kau Bai?

Assuming that Dook Goo Kau Bai really was all that he was said to be, he didn't meet too many martial artists who impressed him during his own lifetime. Who throughout wulin history before or after his time might have impressed him, however?

We know that Yam Ngor Hang (SOD) would have impressed him; Jin Yong explicitly claimed that Dook Goo Kau Bai would been pleased to encounter an opponent such as Yam.

Yeung Gor would probably have impressed Dook Goo Kau Bai since he managed to master Dook Goo's own Heavy Iron Sword Technique at a very young age, and came very close to mastering the Wooden Sword Technique by the end of ROCH.

Fung Ching Yeung and Ling Wu Chung naturally would have impressed Dook Goo Kau Bai since both managed to master the principles of Dook Goo 9 Swords.

Who else would have impressed Dook Goo Kau Bai?

Murong Longcheng would have impressed Dugu Qiubai after he beats the Demonic Swordsman in less than 10 stances.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Murong Longcheng would have impressed Dugu Qiubai after he beats the Demonic Swordsman in less than 10 stances.
    I've been hearing alot about the great prowess of the Mo Yung Family ancestor in recent days. Was he really that good?

We all know Xiao Feng's XL18Z impressed him. After he took one in the ribs voluntarily, he praised Xiao Feng's prowess, but probably regretted not having met a fighter of that caliber when he was seeking a loss, and only meeting one after he has gained so much power that it is impossible to defeat him, ever.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

the....

drum rolls....

TaDa!

The Sweeper Monk.

and...on a wild tangent...the SWORD GOD who reached the peak of perfection in swordplay, ZHUO BUFAN!

[ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I've been hearing alot about the great prowess of the Mo Yung Family ancestor in recent days. Was he really that good?
    The early and pre-Song period was very likely where characters like the creator of 6MSJ, Dragon Palms and the Xiao Yao Arts roamed. But we don't hear about them, instead the man with the reputation for being invincible was Murong Longcheng.

Also, look at MRB's 7-8 zhang Canhe Strike.

Anyway, I think DGKB would have been shocked by XZ and DY's inner power, esp at their young age. He would also have a good fight with TSTL and her martial siblings. Any of the ROCH Greats and Z3F.

I'd love to see DFBB vs DGKB though.
    Last edited by CC; 10-09-06 at 09:22 PM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien

and...on a wild tangent...the SWORD GOD who reached the peak of perfection in swordplay, ZHUO BUFAN!
    Actually, upon hearing his name, I think Sword God is definitely someone Demonic Swordsman would love to face. He will probably be disappointed after the match, but before it, I think it would really be something. Someone that calls him Sword God, Sword Demon would have to be interested in facing. After the match, the Sword God name will be undeserving, but before it happens, all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by CC

I'd love to see DFBB vs DGKB though.
    Based on the name, yes, DFBB definitely. Someone who calls himself unvincible East, I am pretty sure DGKB hopes DFBB will live up to the name.

I'd say Zhang Wuji and Zhang Sanfeng.
    * Zhang Sanfeng: at the end of his life, Zhang Sanfeng reached the summit of inner energy and sword arts. Besides, Zhang Sanfeng's kung fu skills had such a special way, that never had been seen before.
    * Zhang Wuji: with his superb 9 Yang inner energy plus elite skills of Ming Cult, 9 Yin, Xie Xun and Zhang Sanfeng merged, ha ha, I don't think Dugu would be able to call himself "Seeking a Lose".

I too vote for Z3F. His Taiji sword using sword intent, not sword stance to beet opponents would have impressed DGKB. IMHO, Taji sword > DG9J, and Taji sword ~ last stage of DG, but that another story.

OT: did YG become a great level figther with HIS? Or did he become after HIS and Sad palms?
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung
    I too vote for Z3F. His Taiji sword using sword intent, not sword stance to beet opponents would have impressed DGKB. IMHO, Taji sword > DG9J, and Taji sword ~ last stage of DG, but that another story.

OT: did YG become a great level figther with HIS? Or did he become after HIS and Sad palms?
    I think he became with HIS in my opinion that is.

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung
    Sad Palms. When he was using the Heavy Iron Sword, he was relying on the superiority of his weapon. When he achieved Sad Palms, he was relying on his own ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Sad Palms. When he was using the Heavy Iron Sword, he was relying on the superiority of his weapon. When he achieved Sad Palms, he was relying on his own ability.
    If this is the case, then I say that any great level figther would have impressed him. Perhaps DGKB ~ Great. No mystery about him, he just didnt meet any great figther in his life.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

DGQB would be equally impressed and frustrated with Z3F. Z3F wouldn't be able to defeat him but DGQB would probably feel like he's trying to communicate with the Great Wall of China - such a match would be pointless.

He would definitely have been extremely pleased to meet Lord Long -OR- Lord Mu of Gallant Island. Those 2 geniuses have attained the highest proficiency in martial arts as explained in the novel, which is not surprising when considering their love for--and achievements in--the field of martial arts.

now that you mentioned it, why not make it the month of the GALLANT ISLAND LORDS?
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

LOL, sorry to hijack the thread but I am really interested in knowing what happened to the two lords at the end of the book as I have heard the island is destroyed right?
    Still searching for my GuGu

IIRC, they died of oldness.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    now that you mentioned it, why not make it the month of the GALLANT ISLAND LORDS?
    I support that. However they get quite a bit of coverage already - everytime SPT is mentioned its how he pawned the two lords and this is related to shutting down Shaolin for a week or whateva.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by R!chard
    LOL, sorry to hijack the thread but I am really interested in knowing what happened to the two lords at the end of the book as I have heard the island is destroyed right?
    They died of exhaustion after using up all their strength when competing martial arts with Shi Potian.

In a way, it was their time to go. Their raison d'tre in life was fulfilled and there was nothing more for them to do. So their life ended on a happy note.