Thread: Which scene do you remember each of the main/semi-main characters for?

Default Which scene do you remember each of the main/semi-main characters for?

If you had to pick one scene that's most memorable/defining for important characters, what would it be? Does have to be a fighting scene where he pawns everyone etc.

I start:

XF: trouble deciding between post Ah-Zhu incident or his own suicide, both highly embroiled in emotion and tragedy
    DY: 1000 kowtows to a statue - stupid equates to luck
    XZ: scene where he unwillingly injured a 72cave person with a cone seed - naivety, pure power

ZWJ: Ming Peak of course - forgiveness, politics, righteousness and utter pawnage

GJ: deciding between him standing aside watching QCJ getting beaten by WYHL's lackies (2fight or not 2fight) or him attempting to chop of GF's arm

YG: crying like a sook about no one loves him just b4 meeting H7G

LHC: strange yes, but have to be his scene with him acting as a soldier and repeating the phrase "your grandma (ta nai nai de)"

HYS: his official entrance and the utter respect/fear he gets from his disciples - yeah he's uber and you know it

RWX: his famous speech about those he respect, those he don't and those that don't deserved to be considered

Broken Wheel monk: getting sliced and diced by XLN ... zzz, what sort of antagonist are you if you get pawned by the main character's lass, in mid book

your turn: doesn't have to be the main character, and also Gu Long chars too
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

My answers are all based off adaptations I've seen. Have not a chance to read any of the novels except for Gu Long's Jue Dai Shaung Jiao and parts of Xiao Li Fei Dao.

XF: His suicide.

DY: First time he used 6MSJ but unable to totally use it on his own terms.

XZ: When he solved Wuyazi "Go" puzzle.

ZWJ: Ming Peak of course - I agree wholeheartedly. This is my favorite fight scene of all wuxia series I have ever seen. Not the best fight, but the most memorable. Some stranger out of nowhere coming and protecting Ming Cult (for no apparent reason) and beating everyone. Miejue with her sword thought she was invincible. Take that you old hag. B*tch.

GJ: Easy. When his mom died and he finally turn into a man. Up to this point, I really thought he was stupid, worthless. His mom died, it brought out the man in him. He finally knows what is his goals. At this point, even if his beloved Huang Rong told him to help Mongolia, he would still not listen to her. He finally got my respect after this moment. One of very few characters who made me turn 180 degrees.

YG: When he finally got big confidence. He had his heavy iron sword. He had fire in his eyes, you want some of me, come get some. "Golden Wheel Monk, it is your turn."

LHC: Him and his si mui practicing their swordsplay.

HYS: Too many scenes. The man is awesome. Most memorable though was when he heard YG wanted to marry his si fu. YG thought HYS was against it and started to talk bad about HYS. HYS just laughed and said "Good." YG had no idea HYS actually was ok with YG marrying SLL.

I love all the scenes where all his disciples say how much they love their master. Even if he ask me to chop off my head so he can sit on, I will have no regrets about it. Even the traitor MCF still was sad when she thought he died.

Chow Ba Thung:

From LOCH: When he first met Guo Jing.
    From ROCH: When he first met Little Dragon Girl.

Little Dragon Girl: When she first appeared.

I like this thread. Surprisingly, this thread isn't too popular.

XF - Getting pissed and killing a whole bunch of people at Jau Yuan Jong

GJ - 300 moves against two greats

YG - the part where he comes out with that mask for the first time in front of Gwok Seung and stops the fights between those two groups.

CMK - Ming Peak by far.

LWC - Blinding 15 guys in one sword stroke.

WSB - the brothel with all those women

Kang Xi - first time fight against Xiao Bao

Di Yuan - when he meets Ding Deen and gets the crap beat out of him.

Hui Jook - fight against Kau Mor Chi

Duan Yu - everytime he thinks of WYY
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Yuan Chengzhi - nothing
    Chen Jialuo - nothing
    Di Yun - nothing
    Ah Qing - nothing
    Wei Xiaobao - nothing

Hu Fei - producing a manly odor for his girl friend to smell

Zhang Wuji - almost wanting to cry like a child when Zhao Min provoked him

Shi Potian - When he first acquired great kung fu, furnitures were shattering Whenever he touched them.

Guo Jing - Asked Yang Guo: "What is your name?" Yang Guo replied: "Ni Laozi [Your Father]." Guo Jing thought: "This is a really strange name."

Linghu Chong - Got knocked out by Ren Woxing's roar

Xiao Feng - I try to imagine his facial expression when he gets mad

Xuzhu - Admitting to Dr. Xue that his kung fu was lowly.

Yang Guo - Asked Ouyang Feng: "Dad, where have been all this time?" Crazy Ouyang Feng replied: "I've been looking for you." Yang Guo became all emotional: "Could it be, that there is really someone in this world care about me."

Duan Yu - [It might be slightly different in the novel] His body got pierced by a swordsman. When Wang Yuyan came to take a look, he said: "Miss Wang, I am going to die." Wang Yuyan gets all worried. What a touching moment! Then after Xuzhu takes a look, he says: "Actually, the injury is just a small external one; you'll be fine."
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Duan Yu - [It might be slightly different in the novel] His body got pierced by a swordsman. When Wang Yuyan came to take a look, he said: "Miss Wang, I am going to die." Wang Yuyan gets all worried. What a touching moment! Then after Xuzhu takes a look, he says: "Actually, the injury is just a small external one; you'll be fine."
    Leave it to Hui Juk to ruin the perfect romantic moment. With friends like Hui Juk, did Deun Yu really need any enemies?

There are 2 more Duan Yu moments from DGSD 1982 (which were not in the novel) that I really liked:

-When Duan Yu first encountered Xiao Feng, the prince thought: "This guy is drinking by himself. He *must* be suffering from love problems. Hey, I'm suffering from the same, so let me go have a drink with him."

-Later, Duan Yu sighed: "What's the use of knowing the Six Meridian Swords? It is far inferior compared to young master Murong's martial arts." (Of course, we know that Duan Yu later used this "far inferior" skill to beat the crap out of Murong Fu.)

If I may bring up an honorable mention, I thought it was great when Duan Zhengchun was sweet-talking to his mistress: "I've been thinking of you so much. In fact, I rode 4 different horses to death in my effort to get here as fast as I could."

If we're talking about great DGSD '81 moments, I loved the moment at the beginning of the Heroes Conference at Shaolin when Kiu Fung confronted Ding Chun Chou. Kiu Fung had just reunited with Ah Chi and learned that Ding Chun Chou had blinded her. Kiu Fung was HUGELY pissed off, and promised Ah Chi that he would avenge her blinding. At that very moment, Ding Chun Chou and his retinue arrived. Wasting no time, Kiu Fung leapt directly in front of Ding Chun Chou and raised his hand for a Hong Lung 18 Palms strike (but Deun Jing Tsun intervened and told Kiu Fung that they would settle the score with Ding Chun Chou later). The look on Ding Chun Chou's (veteran TVB actor Lau Hak Sheun, who died shortly after completing work on this series) face was priceless: the guy looked like he crapped his pants and wanted to cry. Ding Chun Chou might have been a deadly master of poisons, but Kiu Fung intimidated the hell out of him.

Yep, that was another great moment. Loved it.

A not-so-hot DGSD moment involving Xiao Feng was when he ran off uncontrollably into the beach screaming "I can't be a Khitanese!! How can this be?! Oh my god!!!!!" with Ah Zhu chasing after him: "Brother Qiao!!! Come back!!" (a little exaggerated by me, but you get the picture)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Yep, that was another great moment. Loved it.

A not-so-hot DGSD moment involving Xiao Feng was when he ran off uncontrollably into the beach screaming "I can't be a Khitanese!! How can this be?! Oh my god!!!!!" with Ah Zhu chasing after him: "Brother Qiao!!! Come back!!" (a little exaggerated by me, but you get the picture)
    Yeah. That wasn't actor Lau Ga Yan's fault; that was just bad scriptwriting (or scriptwriting that looked good on paper, but couldn't be properly executed on screen). My dad and I used laugh ourselves sick re-creating that scene, and every time we see Lau Ga Yan in *anything*, we scream, "I'M A KHITAN MAN!!!!"

I really like Yang Guo's introduction. There is a butterfly effect, and it summarizes the whole of ROCH.

Although it is weird that he has been to the Iron Spear monastery but have never seen his father's tombstone...
    Last edited by Ardor; 10-22-06 at 11:37 PM.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    Although it is weird that he has been to the Iron Spear monastery but have never seen his father's tombstone...
    I think Yeung Gor was illiterate until Wong Yung taught him how to read during his time living on Peach Blossom Island, so he might have passed that tombstone hundreds of times without realizing whose name was engraved onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Yeah. That wasn't actor Lau Ga Yan's fault; that was just bad scriptwriting (or scriptwriting that looked good on paper, but couldn't be properly executed on screen). My dad and I used laugh ourselves sick re-creating that scene, and every time we see Lau Ga Yan in *anything*, we scream, "I'M A KHITAN MAN!!!!"
    I think the funniest thing was when Lau Ga Yan mocked himself in a later show (I can't remember which). His character was testing a microphone and he goes "I'm a Khitan Man".

LHC - when he said he can beat Teen Bak Gwon in a chair fight because he had been practicing by stinging flies with his sword when he craps on the toilet

Z3F- when he smashed the fake shaolin monk's head

ZWJ- when he's fighting the 3 guys with taichi

XF - Getting pissed and killing a whole bunch of people at Jau Yuan Jong

Sweeper Monk- saved Muroung Fu from XF's palm blast with his force shield

Di Yun- when he laughed / cried after he saved his enemy who took his girlfriend by disguising as a doctor

Yue Lian Zhou- how he catch the fire bombs with tai chi quan

ZBT- when he's telling stories to GJ with some hilarious quotes in LOCH