Has anyone started watching this 2005 exclusively Taiwan series (though it's listed as a China/Taiwan collaboration)? Its supposed to be based on Song Dynasty's 'Crown Prince exchanged for a Wild Cat' legend. The majority of its cast is from Justice Bao, except for Jiang Zhu Ping (Yun Er from Princess Huai Yu) and Yau Xin Zhi (Mo Bai from CTHD series).

The main 'oldies couple' is the fabulous Liu Xue Wah and Yang Huai Wen (funnily enough, the couple that played the Chen Sai Mei story arc in Justice Bai). If people are unfamiliar, Chen Sai Mei is the famous scholar who won first in the civil examinations and married the princess despite already having a wife and 2 kids at home...he was evil because he refused to recognize his family when they came searching for him and even going as far as murdering them. His name is often associated in Chinese culture for any unfaithful male partner.

The 'young couple' is of course between Jiang Zhu Ping and Yau Xin Zhi. YXZ can be very funny. JZP is sweet but very strong.

I'm currently watching it in China.

Lots of colourful costumes and court intrigue. Nothing terribly intellectual or original but better than nothing during exam study. Quite captivating actually when one is in the melodramatic, formulaic plotline mood. Something to distract me while I wait for a Chinese audio or subtitled version of Lian Li Zhi/Yeonriji.

YXZ wears all Jian Qiao's (Kenny Ho's character in Justice Bao) costumes...so funny!

Here are some sites to about the series:

http://www.yntv.cn/yntv_web/Tv/158.shtml