Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes

I think claire's father can neutralize and the black guy can erase memories.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Spoilers up to 2/19/2007 aired US episode...

Hiro lost his powers after he failed to save Charlie (or rather he lost the confidence to use his powers). As of the last episode though he seems to be able partially manifest his power. btw: It looked like he reversed the path of the bullet. Originallly I though he rewound time but that would not account for why the gun snapped back. Did he actually TK the bullet back into the gun? If it was a time rewind then what prevented the lady from firing the second time around? Did I miss something?

Mr. Benett was helpless against Sylar when Sylar cornered him in the cell so I doubt he has the neutralization power. If he did he could've just shut Sylar down and shot him with his gun.

Peter has absorbed Sylar's TK ability.

The known powers list:

Peter:
    Mimic Power
    Flight
    Time/Space Power (not used as of yet)
    Future Sight
    Regeneration
    TK
    Mind Reading
    Invisibility
    Radiation (in alternate future)

Sylar:
    Power Acquisition
    TK
    Freezing (only seen result)
    Super Learning (in alternate timeline)
    Metal Melting
    Super Hearing
    Future Sight (in alternate future)

Did I miss any?

btw: Was that Stan Lee playing the driver of the bus that Hiro boards?
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser
    Super Learning (in alternate timeline)

i never figured it out...is the current timeline the one where she got her head chopped off or she died of cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying
    i never figured it out...is the current timeline the one where she got her head chopped off or she died of cancer?
    I also wonder about this too. Hiro disappeared right before the magic moment, and appears in Japan. Was it "6 month ago" Japan or was it present Japan? How did he go back to the diner? When Ando asks him, Hiro replies that he took the bus...

If we assume that Hiro lost his power after he reappeared in Japan (reasonable given that he tried to use his powers to return to Charlie without success)... how did he get back to the diner? Did he fly to the U.S. and then take a bus to the diner?

What happened to Charlie after Hiro disappeared? In the original timeline Charlie was still alive in the present just prior to Sylar showing up. Does that mean Charlie might still be alive in the new timeline? Did the waitress at the diner tell Ando what happened to Charlie? I'm a bit fuzzy here.

This sort of brings up the whole question of a malleable timeline or parallel worlds -i.e. can you really change the past or are you just moving from one parallel world to another.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

I also wonder about this too. Hiro disappeared right before the magic moment, and appears in Japan. Was it "6 month ago" Japan or was it present Japan? How did he go back to the diner? When Ando asks him, Hiro replies that he took the bus...

If we assume that Hiro lost his power after he reappeared in Japan (reasonable given that he tried to use his powers to return to Charlie without success)... how did he get back to the diner? Did he fly to the U.S. and then take a bus to the diner?

What happened to Charlie after Hiro disappeared? In the original timeline Charlie was still alive in the present just prior to Sylar showing up. Does that mean Charlie might still be alive in the new timeline? Did the waitress at the diner tell Ando what happened to Charlie? I'm a bit fuzzy here.

This sort of brings up the whole question of a malleable timeline or parallel worlds -i.e. can you really change the past or are you just moving from one parallel world to another.
    well, the only thing i can recall is that ando suddenly saw a picture of hiro & charlie at her birthday party being posted on the wall. but, why does the two timelines collide?

anyways, i'm begining to wonder if all the mutant really are part of some experiment, since all of them are related to one another some way (and not just by a chance meeting).

From what I remember, Hiro wanted to stop Charlie's death but he failed to do so and ended back in present day Japan. He flew and took a bus to the diner. Because he couldn't save Charlie from Sylar when he went back in time, Charlie's fate remained unchanged and he realised the limitations of his power.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    From what I remember, Hiro wanted to stop Charlie's death but he failed to do so and ended back in present day Japan. He flew and took a bus to the diner. Because he couldn't save Charlie from Sylar when he went back in time, Charlie's fate remained unchanged and he realised the limitations of his power.
    I thought that he couldn't save Charlie from her tumor but he did give her a plane ticket to Japan before he vanished. If Charlie ended up flying to Japan she may have avoided Sylar.

I also wondered why Hiro vanished when he did. Was this some sort of anti-paradox effect at work such that major changes in the timeline are prevented? What does that mean for trying to stop the explosion in the future? Maybe only changes that would only alter Hiro in the original timeline trigger the anti-paradox effect?

If it was some sort of anti-paradox effect it didn't prevent all the changes in the past because Ando saw that photo of Hiro and Charlie from six month ago. For that matter does Ando remember Charlie being killed? If Hiro had met Charlie in the past as the photo proved, did Charlie remember Hiro when they met in the present?

These time travel stories always give me headaches.

-KotOR

I thought that he couldn't save Charlie from her tumor but he did give her a plane ticket to Japan before he vanished. If Charlie ended up flying to Japan she may have avoided Sylar.

I also wondered why Hiro vanished when he did. Was this some sort of anti-paradox effect at work such that major changes in the timeline are prevented? What does that mean for trying to stop the explosion in the future? Maybe only changes that would only alter Hiro in the original timeline trigger the anti-paradox effect?

If it was some sort of anti-paradox effect it didn't prevent all the changes in the past because Ando saw that photo of Hiro and Charlie from six month ago. For that matter does Ando remember Charlie being killed? If Hiro had met Charlie in the past as the photo proved, did Charlie remember Hiro when they met in the present?

These time travel stories always give me headaches.
    Me too. I'm curious why Hiro suddenly vanished. Perhaps it was because he lost hope and knew that he couldn't save Charlie that he lost his power and thus returned to present day Japan?

I can't answer your questions but Ando remembers Charlie was killed, and yes Charlie would have remembered Hiro if they met in the present if she hadn't already been killed by Sylar.

I watched Company Man, and I was quite teary in the last few minutes of it. For all of HRG's questionable decisions and shady character, he loved Claire so much that he'd do anything to keep her safe and happy. How are he and Hiro's dad connected? It threw up even more questions.

Me too. I'm curious why Hiro suddenly vanished. Perhaps it was because he lost hope and knew that he couldn't save Charlie that he lost his power and thus returned to present day Japan?

I can't answer your questions but Ando remembers Charlie was killed, and yes Charlie would have remembered Hiro if they met in the present if she hadn't already been killed by Sylar.

I watched Company Man, and I was quite teary in the last few minutes of it. For all of HRG's questionable decisions and shady character, he loved Claire so much that he'd do anything to keep her safe and happy. How are he and Hiro's dad connected? It threw up even more questions.
    i suppose they both work for linderman...or maybe hiro's father IS "linderman". who knows...

i suppose they both work for linderman...or maybe hiro's father IS "linderman". who knows...
    The former seems more plausible than the latter. Linderman's identity will supposedly be revealed in the coming episode this Monday.

Yes, I was getting misty eyed there too. It was especially touching for him to call her "Clairebear" one more time before he told the Haitian to "dig deep" and remove everything that could be connected to her. I wonder if this means that all of his memories of Claire was removed or just the knowledge of where she went.

I thought of that as well. That flashback scene really shocked me since Hiro had told his father that he had a power a few episodes ago. At that time I thought that Hiro's father was just ignoring his son's "whimsical delusions" but now... I don't know if he was trying to protect Hiro or had some ulterior motive.

-KotOR

Hmm if Hiro is one of 'them', then someone in his family must also possess special powers.

Or it could be like Bennet's case where Hiro was adopted by his father, only to be turned in when his powers manifest.

I remember the scene where Hiro and Ando were in the limousine on the way to meet his father, and the man in the limo said something like 'I work for one who is truely powerful'.

I thought he meant that figuratively, as in rich and influential. But maybe his father really possesses some astonishing abilities.
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Yes, I was getting misty eyed there too. It was especially touching for him to call her "Clairebear" one more time before he told the Haitian to "dig deep" and remove everything that could be connected to her. I wonder if this means that all of his memories of Claire was removed or just the knowledge of where she went.
    i think he probably meant all things connected to claire...it'll be safer and his life easier if he had no memory of her at all.

...or maybe hiro's father IS "linderman".
    That's a big no-no.
    This guy is Linderman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_McDowell

Will Ted or Peter will cause the explosion envisioned by Issac? I wonder how long it will take for Mohinder to figure out that his travelling companion is the one butchering up the people he is trying to save.

Very stupid of Mohinder to trust him very easily. He should aware especially he heard/knew about Sylar things

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

SPOILER......

;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    Just finish watching ep1x19 parasite@sylar. There will be a bloody showdown, someone head got chop off or maybe not - its a cliffhanger which will resolve after the one month long hiatus, and there is a shapeshifter, cool, lol, luckily the canadian tv (Global) shown this earlier, so the rest of the world can watch this earlier than the US for a change...

Is the linderman guy peters father? seems like a good possibility that it is.
    they always said his father was nuts but never got into detail.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

ohh. this show must be really good eh? lots of ppl are really hyped up..hm. i might just wait til the dvd's come out n buy the whole damn thing cuz i hate waiting for each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    Is the linderman guy peters father? seems like a good possibility that it is.
    they always said his father was nuts but never got into detail.
    Peter and Nathan's dad was already dead when Heroes began.

Or is it a new development which shows that Peter and Nathan have different fathers?
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 03-06-07 at 04:14 AM.