Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nodame Cantabile

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis
    Yeah I'm well aware that I'm heavily inclined but that is not to say I don't see that he's not attractive to others and that is ok. Just like how I don't see YamaP is attractive while apparently many others do.
    of course its ok....it all boils down to different people having different taste.
    Last edited by strawberry; 11-30-06 at 01:37 PM.

Why'd Nodame react so strongly to Eto-sensei? I didn't quite get it. Episode 7 wasn't so enjoyable for me. I found it rather gloomy and lacklustre, especially the scenes with the orchestra. Or maybe it was my mood tooo ..... I miss S-oke!
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 11-30-06 at 10:43 PM.

It could be that she's so used to the easy way of the other teacher who apparently allowed her growth to go naturally. Nodame after all is a very eccentric girl and ep 7 was actually the first time that showed a lot of Nodame's body language. We saw another side of Nodame when she snapped. And notice the funky way she walked away from Chiaki and Kuroki after she brought them lunch. Also, and then there was the time when she was depressed and walked back from the Chinese restaurant. Never mind the lackluster in music triumph, my favorite moment was the one I screencapped. I thought that was cute how intimate they looked and Kuroki misunderstood them for good reasons. I also enjoyed the party scene as well as the dance exercise Eto-sensei did.

I think that concludes all the caps I have on Shosuke until his new dramas. The other thing is I'm back into older males now. Shosuke is also older than me while Tamaki is younger. I'll make an exception for Tamaki since he's so hot in NC. Tamaki is following right behind Shosuke.
    Thanks for all the screenshots Grifis. I hope to get the ones from Koi no Chikara to share with you. Haha. Why are older man back in your favour now? Did I remember correctly that you were previously quite into Kamenashi? Hmm...I've always preferred older men who exude masculinity and charm (Abe Hiroshi, Tanihara Shosuke, Eguchi Yosuke, Ito Hideaki, Tsutsumi Shinichi, Nakamura Toru, Fukuyama Masaharu) than the younger pretty boys who are all the rage now. Tamaki's probably the only exception since we're both the same age.

Oh yes, I suddenly remembered that Shosuke was in this drama sp in the beginning of the year called Woman's Island (Kanojotachi no Sentaku, apparently not an accurate translation) with Shinohara Ryoko, Kuriyama Chiaki, Igawa Haruka. http://www.ntv.co.jp/woman/ He was paired with Igawa Haruka, as former lovers and he played a popular actor, Fukazawa Hiroto. Did you manage to catch it?

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Thanks for all the screenshots Grifis. I hope to get the ones from Koi no Chikara to share with you. Haha. Why are older man back in your favour now? Did I remember correctly that you were previously quite into Kamenashi? Hmm...I've always preferred older men who exude masculinity and charm (Abe Hiroshi, Tanihara Shosuke, Eguchi Yosuke, Ito Hideaki, Tsutsumi Shinichi, Nakamura Toru, Fukuyama Masaharu) than the younger pretty boys who are all the rage now. Tamaki's probably the only exception since we're both the same age.
    I've always favored older males I guess Kame and Tamaki are two exceptions. They have a certain appeals to me somehow. We have pretty similar taste. Aside from Tsutsumi and Nakamura I very much adore the rest on your list. The ones on mine are Shosuke Tanihara (34), Hiroshi Tamaki (26), Kazuya Kamenashi (20), Masaya Kato (43), Yosuke Eguchi (39), Masaharu Fukuyama (37), Hideaki Ito (31), and Abe Hiroshi (42).

Oh yes, I suddenly remembered that Shosuke was in this drama sp in the beginning of the year called Woman's Island (Kanojotachi no Sentaku, apparently not an accurate translation) with Shinohara Ryoko, Kuriyama Chiaki, Igawa Haruka. http://www.ntv.co.jp/woman/ He was paired with Igawa Haruka, as former lovers and he played a popular actor, Fukazawa Hiroto. Did you manage to catch it?
    I saw that and I'm trying to get that currently (the moment I saw Shosuke and Ryoko in the same drama). And you know I was hoping he would pair up with Ryoko. Oh well we'll see how that'll turn out.

It could be that she's so used to the easy way of the other teacher who apparently allowed her growth to go naturally. Nodame after all is a very eccentric girl and ep 7 was actually the first time that showed a lot of Nodame's body language. We saw another side of Nodame when she snapped. And notice the funky way she walked away from Chiaki and Kuroki after she brought them lunch. Also, and then there was the time when she was depressed and walked back from the Chinese restaurant. Never mind the lackluster in music triumph, my favorite moment was the one I screencapped. I thought that was cute how intimate they looked and Kuroki misunderstood them for good reasons. I also enjoyed the party scene as well as the dance exercise Eto-sensei did.
    It's nice to see more facets of Nodame. I thought she wasn't quite capable of losing her temper up until that point because she seemed rather sweet-natured though loud and weird. From the development of the story, are we to look forward to Nodame's transformation into a person who feels so passionate about music that she will be inspired to want to become a professional musician? For me, all signs point to Chiaki as the catalyst although as he correctly noted, it will have to be Nodame who will have to take the steps in the right direction for him to be able to push her along. Will there be enough episodes to cover that change since it's most probably going to end at ep11.

*spoilers ahead*
    If there's one thing I liked about ep7, it was the scenes with Nodame. Haha, yeah me too. I enjoyed that scene where she brought the lunch for his orchestra members despite his vehement objections, how he cornered her and found out she was fibbing, and how she behaved as she walked away after passing the lunch to Kuroki. It was a hoot. Another memorable one was how she screamed "Let's break up! Let's live apart! Let's divorce!" at Chiaki after he cruelly told her that she wasn't cut out to be a kindergarten teacher, and the following scene when she realises how concerned he is about her and is happily eating at his apartment. Chiaki repeats her remarks loftily and somewhat triumphantly, "So you don't want a break up, to live apart or divorce anymore?"

Hmm, was that his indirect acknowledgement of their relationship? Poor Kuroki-kun. He'll probably be crushed when he learns of Nodame's feelings for Chiaki.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 12-03-06 at 09:53 PM.

It's nice to see more facets of Nodame. I thought she wasn't quite capable of losing her temper up until that point because she seemed rather sweet-natured though loud and weird. From the development of the story, are we to look forward to Nodame's transformation into a person who feels so passionate about music that she will be inspired to want to become a professional musician? For me, all signs point to Chiaki as the catalyst although as he correctly noted, it will have to be Nodame who will have to take the steps in the right direction for him to be able to push her along. Will there be enough episodes to cover that change since it's most probably going to end at ep11.
    I don't wish that Nodame would throw her dream of being a kindergarten teacher because of Chiaki. Even with different dreams, they still can be together. I think it's important that each of them follow their own dream and not do something just because of the pressure given by their significant others. I don't know how the story goes but for me even if Nodame doesn't become a professional musician it's all good. She and Chiaki can still match each other well. There's actually a Korean drama with music theme, the main guy is a conductor and he marries his childhood friend who works as a kindergarten teacher. They're such sweet couple too.

*spoilers ahead*
    If there's one thing I liked about ep7, it was the scenes with Nodame. Haha, yeah me too. I enjoyed that scene where she brought the lunch for his orchestra members despite his vehement objections, how he cornered her and found out she was fibbing, and how she behaved as she walked away after passing the lunch to Kuroki. It was a hoot. Another memorable one was how she screamed "Let's break up! Let's live apart! Let's divorce!" at Chiaki after he cruelly told her that she wasn't cut out to be a kindergarten teacher, and the following scene when she realises how concerned he is about her and is happily eating at his apartment. Chiaki repeats her remarks loftily and somewhat triumphantly, "So you don't want a break up, to live apart or divorce anymore?"

Hmm, was that his indirect acknowledgement of their relationship? Poor Kuroki-kun. He'll probably be crushed when he learns of Nodame's feelings for Chiaki.
    Oh is that what they said? I haven't watched the subs yet. It's hopeless for Kuroki from the very beginning. Nodame only has eyes for Chiaki and for good reasons. In fact all the girls in there and out here only have eyes for Chiaki-sama.

Did we keep track on how many times Chiaki cook for Nodame throughout the eps? I love that expression of his every time he thinks of his fear of flying.

I don't wish that Nodame would throw her dream of being a kindergarten teacher because of Chiaki. Even with different dreams, they still can be together. I think it's important that each of them follow their own dream and not do something just because of the pressure given by their significant others. I don't know how the story goes but for me even if Nodame doesn't become a professional musician it's all good. She and Chiaki can still match each other well. There's actually a Korean drama with music theme, the main guy is a conductor and he marries his childhood friend who works as a kindergarten teacher. They're such sweet couple too.
    I don't think she will do that for Chiaki because she seems to me to be the sort who'll pursue her passion and I'd hate for her to do such a thing. I feel that it will be because of personal changes in attitude and perspective that will eventually spur her to see classical music in a different light, and reevaluate her choice of profession. All this is speculation since I don't know what happens in the manga.

Oh is that what they said? I haven't watched the subs yet. It's hopeless for Kuroki from the very beginning. Nodame only has eyes for Chiaki and for good reasons. In fact all the girls in there and out here only have eyes for Chiaki-sama.
    Haha yes, that is what she yelled at Chiaki when he upset her by telling her that if he were a parent, he'd never want to entrust his child to her - as if to illustrate his claim that he thinks she is incapable of educating and instructing kids. It was very harsh but he had a point.

Whose eyes wouldn't be fixed on Chiaki?! So suave and so talented. The problem is that poor Kuroki is completely clueless and fixated with Nodame, and that will eventually prove to be his undoing.

Did we keep track on how many times Chiaki cook for Nodame throughout the eps? I love that expression of his every time he thinks of his fear of flying.
    I reckon Chiaki cooked one meal for Nodame every episode. What a man!!!

I'm impatiently awaiting ep8. Ep7 ended with Chiaki and Mine feeling so disenchanted .

I heard ep 8 is pretty good and shows a leap of development between Chiaki and Nodame. Here's the link to youtube of their guest appearance on SMAP x SMAP bistro. They look so good together. Tamaki is really cute eating unpretentiously. I really wish they're a RL couple.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z-hbxCwtnVs&...ted&search=

I finally get the first two hard-sub of this series, I haven't start it yet.. did u guys get the raw and using .srt for the sub? ... the hard-sub quality is not that good I reckon, oh well.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Actually, how often do they show this in Japan? is it once a week?

I heard ep 8 is pretty good and shows a leap of development between Chiaki and Nodame. Here's the link to youtube of their guest appearance on SMAP x SMAP bistro. They look so good together. Tamaki is really cute eating unpretentiously. I really wish they're a RL couple.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z-hbxCwtnVs&...ted&search=
    Ahhh... ...I can only watch it later today. In the trailer for ep8 they showed Nodame address a lady as "okaasan"... that person must be Chiaki's mum. Hah!

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Juri Ueno's supposedly dating a comedian. I don't know about Tamaki's love life. I just wish that Nodame Cantabile won't come to an end so quickly! Three more to go ....... *sobs*

Speaking of Juri Ueno, do you think she's as popular as Nagasawa Masami and Sawajiri Erika? Masami seems to be the darling of the media and Japanese corporations. She's everywhere. In movies, dramas, advertisements on TV and billboards.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Actually, how often do they show this in Japan? is it once a week?
    Yes, it is like all other Japanese prime time dramas that are shown once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore
    I finally get the first two hard-sub of this series, I haven't start it yet.. did u guys get the raw and using .srt for the sub? ... the hard-sub quality is not that good I reckon, oh well.
    I saw the 2 hardsubbed eps and the rest I saw them raw. I messed up my computer somehow and I can't play .srt file. I think they'll be re-doing ep 1 since it's low quality. I do hope that good sub groups like jtv or sars or oto would pick it up though.

Ahhh... ...I can only watch it later today. In the trailer for ep8 they showed Nodame address a lady as "okaasan"... that person must be Chiaki's mum. Hah!

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Juri Ueno's supposedly dating a comedian. I don't know about Tamaki's love life. I just wish that Nodame Cantabile won't come to an end so quickly! Three more to go ....... *sobs*

Speaking of Juri Ueno, do you think she's as popular as Nagasawa Masami and Sawajiri Erika? Masami seems to be the darling of the media and Japanese corporations. She's everywhere. In movies, dramas, advertisements on TV and billboards.
    I have no idea who those two girls are as I'm not really on top of who's hot in Japanese media. You know Tamaki scores major cute points in that SMAP bistro appearance. His expressions were just too adorable. Someone said that the host hinted that their love story will go beyond the drama and Tamaki didn't say anything but Juri was like no no... and looked over to him. I felt like he has that 'Am I that bad?' expression then everyone started complimenting Tamaki and Juri said 'Tamaki is a good person' and he said 'no... no...' If you understand please translate more. I really have no clue what they were saying. I also like the part when Shingo dressed up as Mine trying to play the violin. Then there was a part when Tamaki almost choked. When he was eating the dish by Shingo & co., he name something in the ingredients and Shingo was like 'no, it's not... something lemon desu...' The way Shingo said it was so funny Tamaki laughed and almost choked again. He was so cute. He reminded me of the character he played in Top Caster.

Erika Sawajiri is the girl that play Aya in 1LOT. The first time I saw Juri Ueno is in Engine, than Swing Girl and Kindaichi (2005) with Kame.

as for Nagasawa Masami, I only see her in Dragonzakura.

I would think Erika Sawajiri has more popularity that those girls, but Juri Ueno been around longer I reckon.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I heard ep 8 is pretty good and shows a leap of development between Chiaki and Nodame.
    *spoilers ahead*
    Indeed there's a change in the relationship between Chiaki and Nodame in ep8. Chiaki no longer pushes her away, and even though he doesn't quite acknowledge his feelings for her, she has become his confidant and pillar of support, and toward the end of the drama, the one who helps him to take the first step toward overcoming his fear of flying by showing him that he wasn't to blame for what happened on that fateful flight back to Japan. There's also personal change for Nodame too in the way she has come to view music. We can see it in the way Chiaki's performance moved her and how she decides to take up the challenge and participate in the concours.

There were many enjoyable scenes this ep. I particularly liked the scene where Nodame fretted over Chiaki for not eating and taking his bath (reversal of roles now heh), and her expression of delight when she fed him custard pudding and tried undressing him in the bath. Also the one where Chiaki learns that Kuroki didn't qualify for the top three positions in the concours, and Nodame said she met Kuroki. Chiaki asks her what she did with Kuroki and Nodame immediately said, "We were talking about some love problems but we didn't have an affair! ... If you're so worried about me why don't you tie me up?"

This is probably the first episode where Chiaki doesn't cook for Nodame.

I haven't had time to see smap x smap yet!!!!
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 12-06-06 at 11:43 PM.

Ep 8 was very nice. I really like the part where Nodame was feeding Chiaki and tried bathing him as well. It was also sweet when he came to give her a ticket with really good seat. 'Kanojo no seki?' she asked but of course Chiaki denied it. I'll be putting up caps tomorrow or so.

In the mean time, let's start with some Smap bistro caps:

Host: You two sure look good together.
    Tamaki: Really?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6459/bistro01ge2.jpg')
    This is Tamaki in Waterboys.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/48/bistro02wy7.jpg')
    ahh... they're so comfortable with each other.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8113/bistro07xx9.jpg')
    I think they're talking about Valentine. Juri talks all the while Tamaki only stands beside her like the man behind his woman.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/910/bistro10tn5.jpg')
    Oishii desu ne?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5926/bistro30he0.jpg')
    He seems to like this green noodle a lot.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6036/bistro38om8.jpg')

(to be continued)

Nice caps above. I particularly like the first and fourth one..they looked so dream-like with the rosy complexions and all. Where can I see this?

I have another question:

Is the filmimg of the later episodes concurrent with the screening of the serial in Japan? or have they completed the filming of the whole serial before they showed the first epsiode?
    Last edited by strawberry; 12-07-06 at 12:03 AM.

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

kyaa!!! I am so glad i was able to watch nodame cantabile....but i'm only up to episode 7. with all the spoilers about episode 8, I am practically jumping off my seat.
    thank you to all those who gave such good reviews - or else I wouldn't even consider watching it.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Ep 8 caps: Their scenes

Nodame is trying to feed Chiaki (and hoping he would eat the pudding.)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5963/0801pl6.jpg')

What do you know, he actually eats it.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9975/0802ss8.jpg')

Good for Nodame (finally after all this time chasing him.)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3376/0803ap2.jpg')

She goes further by trying to get him to take a bath.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6966/0804bx0.jpg')

Yup she does what wives must do for their husbands, unbuttoning his shirt
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6743/0805be9.jpg')

while he's still focusing on his notes...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2225/0806gx4.jpg')