Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: PJ's unofficial ranking of the Jin Yong universe

Quote Originally Posted by soulmelody
    true, MRF is nowhere near XF but ur saying that 4 MRF cant par with XF?thats utter BS.And i thought everyone at this forum thought DUGU Qiu Bai > Sweeps.
    3 Xuan monks (which included Xuan Ci, who could be significantly above the other Xuan monks) can only tie Xiao Feng at best.

MRF is not as good as the senior Xuan monks.

So XF > 3+ MRFs.

As for your last statement.

NO!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

But i dont believe XF can defeat 4 MRF coming at him in 1 go, i think at the most XF is like 3.5 MRF.oh yea and i do believe z3f is superior to everyone else excluding the 3 greatest: sweeps,SPT and XZ
    Ou Yang Feng, The #1 Elite Martial artist!

Why can 3 Elders of Xiao Yao sect be superior to Dugu Qiubai?

Dugu was never seen but we could estimate him at the leat 1.5x great level

while there are all those comments, the 3 most glaring things to me are:
    1. JLFW and ZWJ are rated the same. Yes, yes, ZWJ's internal is unpure, unrefined, still needs work. So even though his internal is = to that of YG or GJ, he is still rated lower. However, I believe we did have a poll to see if ZWJ or JLFW would win and I believed that poll was pretty lop sided toward ZWJ. Like it was over 75% favoring ZWJ. That does not hint to me that ZWJ is only on par with JLFW.
    2. I personally feel that XF's rating is once again covered with his hero biased. As noted by BaiQi44, according to you there is a 30% difference for for the Old Original Greats. H7G/OYF 170% and Yideng/HYS are 205%. And I remember you always agree with me that there is a consideralbe improvement. However, when you rated XF, you gave him 255% and the best of the Greats 235% (GJ) and 225% (Z3F). Wouldn't that suggest that the difference between XF and the Elite Greats have a difference of Pre 16 Years ROCH to Post 16 Years ROCH? In opinion, no, that difference is too big. So I suggest toning down the DGSD 4 Elite. I'm not saying you have to place them neck to neck with the Elite Greats, but the difference you gave was a bit glaring and should have been toned down to like 0-5% difference.
    3. Yideng and JMZ. As we all know, a part used to prove DGSD Elites~Greats used was Yideng and JMZ's speaking. However, when I look at the rating, there is about a 50% difference. Honestly, don't you think that the % is a bit too wide to have Yideng and JMZ showing relative internal powers(even if JMZ is agreed to be slightly higher)?
    Last edited by Whsie; 11-08-06 at 05:47 AM.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Dugu was never seen but we could estimate him at the leat 1.5x great level
    based on what?
    The reason why DGQB is placed relatively where he is is because he theoritically achieved the stage that Shi Po Tian showed at the end of Ode of Gallantary which was ideal formlessness.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

There are a lot details on which I disargee with PJ, such as:
    - ZWJ is equal to Jinlun Guoshi instead of being superior.
    - Dongfang Bubai is inferior to Xiao Feng, Jiumozhi, Murong Bo, Xiao Yuanshan.
    - Huang Rong is superior to Lin Pingzhi.
    etc. hix, I can't be patient enough to list all of them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Good effort, but I honestly think that the power / prowess between the ROCH 4 greats is very minute. Sure, H7G and AYF died 16 or so years earlier, but it wouldn't make too much of a difference between these two and HYS and YD. They were already old at the start of ROCH and by the end, I doubt their inner power risen to make a huge difference between them and AYF / H7G. I think a 30% gap is too much between them.
    I personally feel the % PJ gave were reasonable. As a counter to thinking" they didn't improve" is that JY constantly harped to us about how they "improved significantly than before". In addition, I think the main line of logic that PJ tried to achieve was JLFW's improvement. If the Greats only relatively maintained their level in Pre 16 Years ROCH, then wouldn't that mean they get completely screwed over by JLFW when he newly mastered Level 10? To at least still keep the Greats in striking distance, the Greats should have improved along or else logically speaking, Yideng should have been defeated a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    There are a lot details on which I disargee with PJ, such as:
    - ZWJ is equal to Jinlun Guoshi instead of being superior.
    - Dongfang Bubai is inferior to Xiao Feng, Jiumozhi, Murong Bo, Xiao Yuanshan.
    - Huang Rong is superior to Lin Pingzhi.
    etc. hix, I can't be patient enough to list all of them out.
    I agree with you. This is what happens whenever new "personal" ratings come out. However, since this is relatively close to Lav's rating, then there is slightly less controvesy. At least we don't have Greats being rated only near DCQ or Xuanci by someone who has no idea what is going on.

Uhm, although there are still some controversies which need to be corrected through discussion, I think this 1000 - point - ranking system would work, it can give a standing chart more precisely than Lav's system can.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 11-08-06 at 06:52 AM.

Where is DY?

My eyes got hurt looking at the list. Any chance to re-adjust it into smaller groups of 5-10 each? Then i will comment.

Han Solo

To PJ : Maybe you'd like to justify your ranking index?

Like, maybe, why Zhuo Bufan is 71 points relative to SM's 1000?

PJ:

You listed SPT on trance mode to boost his rating. But you listed YG on unsad mode to lower his rating. Evil !!!!

I agree with the others that gaps between those top teir fighters on your rankings seem to be too significant as we know they are much closer.

TommyH
    Unregistered

true, MRF is nowhere near XF but ur saying that 4 MRF cant par with XF?thats utter BS.And i thought everyone at this forum thought DUGU Qiu Bai > Sweeps.
    When did we ever think Mr. Lonely is stronger than Abbot Godly? Did I miss something?

I don't think unknown characters should be ranked - HS, DG, 1st disciple, Yellow lady. How can you say she is weaker than Du monks? Maybe have a range for them. Is DY missed out on purpose?

I also think ZWJ>JLFW
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

why is DGQB ranked so low? u have no idea of completely how strong he is?
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    why is DGQB ranked so low? u have no idea of completely how strong he is?
    There see DGQB skills are unknown,for are we know DGQb could have a advanced 6mSj the sword chi

I also agree, DGQB is rank too low.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Um, the only reason why ZJB was able to do so well against HZD is because ZJB's internal energy was far superior because of 9 Yang.
    I don't think so.... Zhang Junbao and He Zudao's internal energy seemed to be roughly equal.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    I also agree, DGQB is rank too low.
    The gap between Dugu Qiubai and Ren Woxing should not be *that* big. Although the gap is still quite big in this ranking, I have tried to miminize it. Dugu Qiubai would have been extremely pleased to meet Ren Woxing, so that says something about Ren Woxing's abilities compared to Dugu Qiubai's.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」