Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Series: The Link

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Oh I didn't know Amy wu was a opera singer. I just heard she was a singer. I've never seen light of a million hopes. Will try to find that series later.
    Here it is:

I thought it was sad she blame david for the baby's death, I don't remember why he was chasing savio, I think he stole money from the company with david's cousin? Been a very long time.
    Yeah, Savio bedded the cousin to help him embezzle money from David's family business but was found out. Then Savio tried to get Lily and their son to leave to ? Taiwan, but Lily had already started a relationship with the neighbour (sorry, I don't remember who the guy is) and refused. But Savio was now infertile (as Tam Pui San pushed him into a glass table when she met him coming out of a hotel room with the cousin and it cut his balls off or something like that) so he wanted to leave Lily and leave with hson.

Then Eddie and David turned up to get back Lily's son and the money and they chased him along a highway. Coincidentally, they started pushing each other around and David/Savio shoved Amy to the ground. Baby Joey's pram rolled into the path of a car and died. Amy blamed David for it.

Yeah, it has been a long time. Must dig it. TVB is now showing "Greed on Man" at noon. Will rewatch "The Link" when that's finished.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Thanks for the link, I'll watch it when I have the time.

It has definitely been a long time, I just remember he was with Lily but turns bad. When you say cousin, is it david's cousin who was in love with him and hated amy kwok?

I heard greed of man reruns were having very good ratings and theres rumors of making a movie. I personally don't think they should make it into a movie. I'm still trying to find the thread for greed of man before making a new one.

I just brought remembrance, will watch it later, watching old atv series at the moment =)

I only seen Tam pui san here and state of divinity as the blue phoenix. A lot of ppl said she is very pretty. Her role as the blue phoenix is very likable and smart.
    Tam Pui San was a very pretty (and sizzling hot) actress who could act as well. I was glad she got cast as Blue Phoenix as I don't think any of her other roles were memorable at all. She had shades of Shalin Tse Ling about her, minus the stiffness. Shalin got better eventually, but Tam Pui San was a natural. Most of the time her characters aren't even named.

I like Tam Pui San, she reminds me a little bit of Anita Mui, the eyes I think.
    I thought Tse ling was okay, not sure what happen to her

I like Tam Pui San, she reminds me a little bit of Anita Mui, the eyes I think.
    I thought Tse ling was okay, not sure what happen to her
    Shalin Tse got married to John Sham Kin Fun, had a few daughters, then got divorced. She recently remarried last year or the year before with her ex-husband's blessings.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Shalin Tse got married to John Sham Kin Fun, had a few daughters, then got divorced. She recently remarried last year or the year before with her ex-husband's blessings.
    Hmm don't know who that is, is he in the entertainment industry? Wow you know a lot =) I just remember her character in legend of dik ching and black sabre were very sad.

Hmm don't know who that is, is he in the entertainment industry? Wow you know a lot =) I just remember her character in legend of dik ching and black sabre were very sad.
    He's the guy with the curly lion's hair! He did do some very funny movies but he is best known for his efforts to help the students escape China in the Tiananmen Square aftermath. People used to call them "Beauty & The Beast"!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.lovehkfilm.com/people/cm8750/sham_john_1.jpg')

Shalin did a lot of sad roles. I liked her a lot though her acting could be stiff at times. "Black Sabre" and "Two Honourable Knights" were her better roles.
    Cyril Connolly

hmm don't know him.

Her character in legend of dik ching made me sad because I think she really like Michael miu character if I recall correctly. But don't see her in that many series.

Do you know the name of the actress who plays Eddie's girl friend who left him for the rich guy? I don't remember but did she die in the series? I think I remember her falling off the bridge or something.

Do you know the name of the actress who plays Eddie's girl friend who left him for the rich guy? I don't remember but did she die in the series? I think I remember her falling off the bridge or something.
    I can't remember. I'll rewatch it after I finish GOM.
    Cyril Connolly

I just watch the last three episodes of the link today, I have to say Ada was really really good. I really felt bad for her character. All she wanted was her family but it was broken since her dad wanted a divorce then her mom dies. It made me really sad, you can really feel what the character was going through.

I started crying when I thought David was going to die, he was in the coma =(

Really like Gigi and Eddie, they have very good chemistry. Even now when I watch it I still think lam ka wah's wife forgave him too easily after how he treated her. Makes me so angry lolz....

Yeh let me know when you find out, I thought she was okay but seems like she always get bad roles.

I just watch the last three episodes of the link today, I have to say Ada was really really good. I really felt bad for her character. All she wanted was her family but it was broken since her dad wanted a divorce then her mom dies. It made me really sad, you can really feel what the character was going through.

I started crying when I thought David was going to die, he was in the coma =(

Really like Gigi and Eddie, they have very good chemistry. Even now when I watch it I still think lam ka wah's wife forgave him too easily after how he treated her. Makes me so angry lolz....

Yeh let me know when you find out, I thought she was okay but seems like she always get bad roles.
    Ada was fabulous as a newbie. She really had the talent and the looks.

I hate series where the over obedient wife has to forgive the cheating scumbag husband. I hate the ending of "The Fate of The Clairvoyant". I had rather the husband die than be forgiven. The only case I seem to let go is Steve Ma in "The Good Old Days" cos he was amnesic and forgot that he was married.
    Cyril Connolly

I have never seen the movie you are referring to. But yes, I don't like it when the wife is too forgiving. Here, he obviously didn't trust her even though they been married a long time. He kept believing that out of jealousy, the wife push ada down the stairs. He did not think twice to sign the divorce paper, I thought that was really sad.

Yes I agree Ada is very good here, I thought she was a very good villain here compare to Buddhist palm strikes back and revelation of the last hero.

I never finish watching the good old days, I always skip around watching series. I really like steve ma in fated love. I love him with Amy chan. I do recall he forgets his memory and gets with Maggie siu. But I thought he was really mean to Amy in the beginning. Didn't he only started being nice right before he leaves for war.

Hi. I have finally got around to rewatching "The Link" but up to just a few eps. But I managed to skip ahead where Eddie's ex came back for him but he had already started dating Gigi. Eddie's ex got drunk and threatened to jump off the roof of a overhead pass unless Eddie took her back. Anyhow, Eddie went to save her but she slipped and fell down.

Eddie feels guilty that she was injured so takes care of her and Gigi feels threatened about losing Eddie. But the ex has finally realised that Eddie cares for her but no longer loves her. She meets another guy while in hospital and gets married quickly, giving Eddie and Gigi her best wishes. The ex is played by Tsui Kar Bo.

It is such a nice series to watch.
    Cyril Connolly

ah okay thanks. I think she's really pretty but too bad she only gets small roles or usually plays a bad guy or a mean character.

For some reason I just remember her falling from the bridge and I thought she died. I kind of skip around because I mostly watching it for David Siu =)

Its a good series and I agree the first wife is too forgiving of Dominic lam's character. He cheated on her and didn't believe her multiple times.

ah okay thanks. I think she's really pretty but too bad she only gets small roles or usually plays a bad guy or a mean character.

For some reason I just remember her falling from the bridge and I thought she died. I kind of skip around because I mostly watching it for David Siu =)
    I actually think she is OK looking, but she has a big mouth. However her acting is very good. Her most memorable role to me was "Plain Love I" where she played the jerk's wife. She was nice lady who was torn between her conscience and her self-preservation which lead to tragic choices. But I think she redeemed herself in the end. I never hated her.

She also had a big role in "Vengeance" but my memory of that series quite blurred.

Yeah. David was sweet and cute in this series.
    Cyril Connolly

I think she was very pretty in "all about tin" but I'm not sure how old she was at that time, she was playing ada and Catherine's mom but she did not even look that old. She could have been a sister.

Hehehe, love david siu, been looking for old series he's in. Only found the link, greed of man, and remembrance. Theres one I'm trying to find with him and kitty lai.

Hehehe, love david siu, been looking for old series he's in. Only found the link, greed of man, and remembrance. Theres one I'm trying to find with him and kitty lai.
    Why don't you watch "Remembrance"?
    Cyril Connolly

Eventually I will. I'm finishing a lawyer can be good right now, then I have to watch dance of passion that you recommend. Then light of a million hopes. Then I'll start remembrance =)