Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jdorama/Kdrama Overrated Series

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Default Jdorama/Kdrama Overrated Series

Since there a TVB Overrated Series thread http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=18362

Why not a jdorama/kdrama overrated series thread?

JAPANESE AND KOREAN SERIES ONLY!

I'll say goong, it's so boring IMO

I hate to say this but I really can't see the appeal of K-drama except Full House.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    JAPANESE AND KOREAN SERIES ONLY!

I'll say goong, it's so boring IMO
    A lot of people I met said dat. I watched bits of it but I really liked it... Pretty scenes and i like the plot.. Then again, i think it might be slightly overpromoted..

I'll prolly say Winter Sonata.. I dun get the hype around it..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

oh i so dont like goong! i tried watchng it two times but never get to finish chapter 1 bec its too dragging for me...dunno if it gets better in the middle....winter sonata is one which i did not enjoy also...n attic cat was a real disappointment...not to mention typhoon in that summer....

a few good kdramas are:
    MISA aka im sorry i lov u
    Ireland
    Kumiho
    All In
    Kim Sam Soon
    Chun Hyang
    Full House
    Piano

for some reason I keep seeing these 'overated' threads around... i thought i saw one for kdramas too (?) anyway

1. Goong - I, too, was hyped but it... w..a..s...... s...l...o....w...... as anything. each episode was drawn out to have 5 mins of critical plot and still scenes to fill up the rest.
    2. MISA - at the end I didn't know what to think of it. Like what was the point? One or two cute scenes, wasn't extraordinary.
    5. Full House - good entertainment but after you're done, you have to wonder what has just happened, and it sums up to: lots of arguing, moving in and out, and brushing teeth.
    4. MNIKSS - I have to admit it's funny, and KSS is one heck of a character. But again I'd give it an A- at most while other people think it's an A+. Not very overated, just somewhat overated.

I don't think Chunhyang is overated. It wasn't that popular, and it got an okay attention for which it deserved.

Why didn't you just post this thread in the Japanese/Korean series forum?

Anyway, I haven't watched any overrated Japanese series yet. As for overrated Korean series...

Jewel in the Palace
    Lovers in Paris
    Endless Love/Autumn in My Heart
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

I thought MY GIRL was over overrated. Throughout the entire series I kept waiting for something to happen, something that I can click with to why the serie was so popular. Sadly, I waited i vain.

I didn't like full house... All the main characters did was fight, clean, and eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy
    I didn't like full house... All the main characters did was fight, clean, and eat.

that's what all korean drama is like, they just do a bit more than normal... i'm telling you all korean drama are about 95pct the same. the last 5pct is due to different story line / character/ settings ect.. surprisingly it's quite addicting for some reason and people likes to watch these things over and over and over again... what you do like and don't like really depends on your circumstances/lifestyle at the time you're watching the drama...

case and point? you are the source of error (variable is within human)... not so much in the drama itself

I find Korean dramas to all have the same plot practically........for Stairway to Heaven, Autumn in my Heart, all those love story dramas, the plot is basically the same.
    There is a nice girl. Who isn't that smart, but she's super nice. There is a guy who is closely related to that girl (childhood friend, etc.) who likes that girl. She also likes him. There is another guy who likes the nice girl. However, another girl who hates the nice girl likes the closely related guy. The other girl hates the nice girl and is really evil to her. But the nice girl is never mean to the other girl. In fact, she goes out with the other guy who likes her so that the closely related guy can go out with the other girl. Then she gets diagnosed with some sort of life threatening disease. All are sad. Even the other girl. The nice girl dies. The other guy gets depressed. The end.
    But I liked Dae Jang Geum. It was kinda draggy (it was soooo long!), but at least it wasn't just a soppy love story.
    I haven't seen any japanese dramas.........are any recommended?
    ~redfirefly124

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    I find Korean dramas to all have the same plot practically........for Stairway to Heaven, Autumn in my Heart, all those love story dramas, the plot is basically the same.
    There is a nice girl. Who isn't that smart, but she's super nice. There is a guy who is closely related to that girl (childhood friend, etc.) who likes that girl. She also likes him. There is another guy who likes the nice girl. However, another girl who hates the nice girl likes the closely related guy. The other girl hates the nice girl and is really evil to her. But the nice girl is never mean to the other girl. In fact, she goes out with the other guy who likes her so that the closely related guy can go out with the other girl. Then she gets diagnosed with some sort of life threatening disease. All are sad. Even the other girl. The nice girl dies. The other guy gets depressed. The end.
    But I liked Dae Jang Geum. It was kinda draggy (it was soooo long!), but at least it wasn't just a soppy love story.
    ~redfirefly124
    Got to agree with you there. 3 Korean dramas I was once watching at the same time on TV were basically like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    Got to agree with you there. 3 Korean dramas I was once watching at the same time on TV were basically like that!
    lol
    which three?
    ~redfirefly124

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    Kindaichi, Gal Circle, GTO, Conan TV special, God please give me more time, Tsuhan-Man

Jdorama r better then kdrama IMO!

Kindaichi, Gal Circle, GTO, Conan TV special, God please give me more time, Tsuhan-Man

HAH! You and your anti-k-drama attitude. Truely, unique.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

thnx
    Are you a big fan of jdorama?
    ~redfirefly124

I personally think almost all kdramas are overrated.

Too much crying, too little plot, same actresses with plastic surgery.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

yup - Jdorama is the best after all this time - it has all the ingredients to make a succesful drama - unique plot, humors, not too many episodes (unlike Kdrama), etc.

I don't think there's any Jdrama tat i can think of that is overated.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Korean dramas are pretty boring, and even the very very few that are a bit interesting end up dying down due to draggy plots.

The most overrated drama in my opinion is Full House. God I couldn't even sit through one episode without wincing and groaning. After watching Hotelier and Full House, I absolutely can not stand Song Hye Gyo--she should just stick to being a model or something. Rain is okay I guess, he wasn't that bad, but I think his talents could be used elsewhere.

Default k dramas

for me it was Full house.. the songs were good though
    Havent seen - Sad sonata / sad love story. All the hype during filming to the eventual release of the series - it didnt do well sadly

I hated Winter Sonata.. and i half watched Autumn love story. They were definitely overrated. I also didn't like Sassy girl all that much.