View Poll Results: Which of the following best describes your thoughts on Conan and Kindaichi?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm familiar with both, but prefer Detective Conan.

6 23.08%
  • I'm familiar with both, but prefer Hajime Kindaichi.

7 26.92%
  • I'm familiar with both and like them equally.

3 11.54%
  • I'm only familiar with Detective Conan.

5 19.23%
  • I'm only familiar with Hajime Kindaichi.

4 15.38%
  • I don't know who these characters are, don't care, or have no opinion.

1 3.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detective Conan [Case Closed] vs. Hajime Kindaichi [Kindaichi Case Files]

Question Detective Conan [Case Closed] vs. Hajime Kindaichi [Kindaichi Case Files]

Which young detective do you like more? Which serial/anime do you enjoy more?

I've just started watching Kindaichi Case Files and it's pretty good, so I'm just wondering how Detective Conan compares.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

I'm familiar with both and like them equally.

Kindaichi cases r darker, harder IMO and usally based on anicnet story however Conan r easier then Kindaichi but it still good/intresting. Conan have more gadgets too!

For the cases I enjoy Kindaichi more but for main story I prefer Conan!

I prefer Kindaichi Case Files. I've never really watched both these anime(only manga), but for some reason, I just prefer KCF(o.O KFC! XD). Maybe it's the artwork or the fact that I like a main character that has like 180 IQ, but doesn't act like it XD

I read both, hmm, quite hard for me to choose. They are both pretty interesting and they head different styles i think. Kindaichi's is darker like someone mentioned but Conan's is not bad either. ^^ I like them equally...
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

I've read both mangas, and enjoy them both. But I prefer Kindaichi. His mysteries are more in-depth and longer, so the build-up is slower and allows me to really get drawn into it. I also love the artwork.

At first, I didn't like Conan at all. Thought it was too childish for my taste. But then I ran out of Kindaichi to read, so I started on it again... and actually, it's pretty good too but in a different way. It's funny and interesting, and great for a quick-fix when I'm in the mood for a mystery manga.

But overall, I still prefer Kindaichi and eagerly await the next volume.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerWong
    But overall, I still prefer Kindaichi and eagerly await the next volume.
    I tot it's already finished releasing???
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    I tot it's already finished releasing???
    Maybe. I don't know where it's at elsewhere or what it's original run was, but here in the US, Volume 14 - "The Gentleman Thief" just arrived last month. And it doesn't feel like thats the last one.

I've never read or watch Conan before, can't really comment on how good the cases are, but I just never felt the urge to check it out despite it being so well known. I read and watch many of the Kindaichi files, certainly very engaging and thoroughly thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerWong
    Maybe. I don't know where it's at elsewhere or what it's original run was, but here in the US, Volume 14 - "The Gentleman Thief" just arrived last month. And it doesn't feel like thats the last one.
    OOO, ours here (malaysia) is finished... icic.. Are english subtitles good?
    Cos here it's in Malay and it's alright..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    OOO, ours here (malaysia) is finished... icic.. Are english subtitles good?
    Cos here it's in Malay and it's alright..
    Yeah, the translation is fine. Just to clarify, I'm talking about the manga and not the anime. So how many volumes are there total before its finished?

I watched a bit of Conan, but definitely prefer Kindaichi.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I know little about Detective Conan, and I once bought a first volume of his series. I didn't like it at all.

Kindaichi shonen is good, and I find some personality similarities between Hajime and myself. Although I'm far from the shonen age, but that jovial, laidback and underachiever-in-academics then get very serious in what he has to do personality, really made me see me.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I never watched Kindaichi.. however, I am an avid reader for the manga.. Sadly, Tokyo pop aren't mass producing it as much. If you guyst watched Young Bao Qing TIan with ZHou Jie, alot of these cases from kindaichi were features in BQT

COnan has been draggin in the anime the lats time i watched it
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I know more about Kindaichi but is not entirely clueless about Conan. I've watched only one or two episodes of Conan but it failed to sustain my interest; I even find it boring. Kindaichi on the otherhand, has seldom failed to engage my interest and attention all these years.

So my vote goes to Kindaichi.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I know Conan from comic. I read conan book. its very good. I read conan until seri 43. Now I can't read that book because busy. I also watching conan film. Its very interesting. The actor who play become conan in that film is very handsome and cool guys. But I don't know who is name the actor.

and kindaichi I know only read in kindaichi comic. But according to me, Conan comic is very interesting than kindaichi
    Last edited by Sillyana; 06-09-08 at 07:37 AM.

Folks, please don't link to download sites.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Spirit of Honour.
    "The gentlemen first practices what he preaches and then preaches what he practices." - Confucius

Kinda Ichi Ichi for the win
    Quote Originally Posted by remixedasian View Post
    6: Duan Yu is the greatest martial artist of all time

Conan sucks @ss!! i used to like it quite a lot but from around vol 35 or something like that the manga started to stall so horribly that i quitted reading w/o any regret: the complexity level of the cases didn't get any better, the body count remained too low, too little blood and gore, WAY too many kids and kid lookalikes, to name but a few,
    though some reasoning errors may exist here and there in Kindaichi and some cases have kinda loose plots it is still like Heaven and Earth compared to Conan to me, there's just no way in hell Conan, with its kinda childish theme, will ever be able to match Kindachi's cases like The Mummy's Curse, The magical Express, or The judgement of Gankutsuo in terms of gruesomeness and logical reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    Conan sucks @ss!! i used to like it quite a lot but from around vol 35 or something like that the manga started to stall so horribly that i quitted reading w/o any regret: the complexity level of the cases didn't get any better, the body count remained too low, too little blood and gore, WAY too many kids and kid lookalikes, to name but a few,
    though some reasoning errors may exist here and there in Kindaichi and some cases have kinda loose plots it is still like Heaven and Earth compared to Conan to me, there's just no way in hell Conan, with its kinda childish theme, will ever be able to match Kindachi's cases like The Mummy's Curse, The magical Express, or The judgement of Gankutsuo in terms of gruesomeness and logical reasoning.
    I had a really long rant on how Detective Conan makes Kindachi look like shit, sadly though my browser refreshed for no reason. In fact I really could have proved you wrong. Lastly to the poster who wrote this message you clearly have no idea on what you just said.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 03-21-10 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LameatShooting View Post
    I had a really long rant on how Detective Conan makes Kindachi look like shit, sadly though my browser refreshed for no reason. In fact I really could have proved you wrong. Lastly to the poster who wrote this message you clearly have no idea on what you just said.
    Dude, I've been reading/watching detective thriller fictitious works for 20 years (all Sherlock Holmes books, almost all of Agatha Christie's, a good deal of Morice Leblanc's, the whole Kindaichi series, the first 35 volumes or so of Detective Conan, a lot of Hitchcock's, real-life murder/serial killer cases, etc.), so when you bash my opinion that Conan is utter sh!t in comparision with Kindaichi, may I suggest that you carefully check your mind and/or your fanboyism/fangirlism degree first.
    Btw, I'd be extremely happy if you could retype your lost post and prove that I'm wrong, a feat that no Conantard I've known has ever been able to obtain.