Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Young Judge bao 3 少年包青天Ⅲ之天芒传奇

I'm just re-thinking Sugar's phrasing of "Bao and Xiao Man in the Pavilion again".

I think I didn't understand it at first because, err, how many times have Bao and Xiao Man chatted in a Pavilion? But "the end" and "again" lead me to believe you mean the sequence at the very, very end? No?

That sequence was in a brothel-turned-restaurant. Chinese pavilions are small, ornate, open structures usually situated in a garden. From memory, the only time Bao and Xiao Man were in a Pavilion together was at the start of the last story arc, when they were eating dumplings (ironically, in Xiao Man's own residence, and the occurrence of the first clue to Xiao Man's true identity).

When was this series made? Was Shi Xiao Long in here? I thought that this was made when he left for New york to study already. Or did he make this series before he left for New York? How was it compared to part 1 and 2. I saw part 1 and 2 and really enjoyed them...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

original posted by Trinie:When was this series made? Was Shi Xiao Long in here? I thought that this was made when he left for New york to study already. Or did he make this series before he left for New York? How was it compared to part 1 and 2. I saw part 1 and 2 and really enjoyed them...
    Trinie, I did watch part I, 3, and half of 2. I didn't really want to watch 2 because Fan ing Bing was in it. Anyhow, to me 3 wasn't as good as the first one, but since you watch 1 and 2 I recommend you to watch 3. Yes, Shi Xiao Long , was in part 3 too, and he grew up a lot in this series. I thin k there's a review to part 3, so if you want to get more detail just read the review. Besides, you can watch it at youtube with English subtitle or in vietnamese. I don't have the link here ,but let me know if you want the direct link and I can post it up to you later
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

i always wondered about zhan zhao. what happened to being a monk? they never mentioned that in the 3rd pard.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i always wondered about zhan zhao. what happened to being a monk? they never mentioned that in the 3rd pard.
    He was never a monk to begin with. He just learn martial arts at the temple. He shaved his head and had a buddhist's name because he lived among the monks. He mention it a few times in part one that he was not a monk.

Quote Originally Posted by UnforgottenEricaChoi View Post
    Trinie, I did watch part I, 3, and half of 2. I didn't really want to watch 2 because Fan ing Bing was in it. Anyhow, to me 3 wasn't as good as the first one, but since you watch 1 and 2 I recommend you to watch 3. Yes, Shi Xiao Long , was in part 3 too, and he grew up a lot in this series. I thin k there's a review to part 3, so if you want to get more detail just read the review. Besides, you can watch it at youtube with English subtitle or in vietnamese. I don't have the link here ,but let me know if you want the direct link and I can post it up to you later
    You did NOT watch part 2 because of Fan Bing Bing?? Why?? Do you dislike her that much?? I don't think you should let just one actress that you don't like stop you from watching a series. I really liked part 1 and part 2 was pretty good but didn't watch part 3 since I was not sure if it was good or not. I also heard that Shi Xiao long was NOT in there since he went to NY to study already. I guess he made it before he left.There is a review at spcnet? I guess I should read it sometime. I don't need English subtitles nor do I need to watch in VIetnamese. I often watch most of my series in Chinese in case you didn't know. I know both Viet and Chinese but I prefer to watch in Chinese since the Viet translations and subtitles are always off and incorrect... I can just buy the series in Chinese to watch if I really want to see it but thanks for your offer anyways....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by LiarLiar
    He was never a monk to begin with. He just learn martial arts at the temple. He shaved his head and had a buddhist's name because he lived among the monks. He mention it a few times in part one that he was not a monk.
    I understand why people would be misled about Zhan Zhao's status as a monk.

There isn't really an obligation for a member of a buddhist temple to shave his head. Gain a new spiritual name yes, but haven't you heard of the title for these type of students 'Dai Fa Shou Heng' ('Practicing/seeking enlightment with Hair')?

Also, throughout the various YJB series, it was only this most recent one that ZZ grew his hair. Why would ZZ find it necessary to keep his head shaven when he had left the temple?

Quote Originally Posted by UnforgottenEricaChoi
    Although LBB was very memorable, it doesn't really matter who plays the female lead in YJB series...they're all fairly 1-D. Maybe except the one we're talking about in this thread...Xiao Man was portrayed beautifully, and she had an agenda. She was a character that was handled subtlely.

I would give a fair go to FBB...she was positively brilliant in Ping Zhong Xia Ying (the whole series was cool). However, I too would skip YJB 2, purely because LY as Bao Zheng was a crime to watch...he was the BZ who had major ego issues (the number of times the point was made that BZ was smart...LY's responding smirk!!!). CSZ's 'descent into hell' I've heard is the one thing worth watching in YJB 2 I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by LiarLiar View Post
    ohh yeah? ok that makes a lot more sense then. thanks for explaining! i havent watched the first one in a while...guess i missed that. hm...maybe i should rewatch!
    Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    I understand why people would be misled about Zhan Zhao's status as a monk.

There isn't really an obligation for a member of a buddhist temple to shave his head. Gain a new spiritual name yes, but haven't you heard of the title for these type of students 'Dai Fa Shou Heng' ('Practicing/seeking enlightment with Hair')?

Also, throughout the various YJB series, it was only this most recent one that ZZ grew his hair. Why would ZZ find it necessary to keep his head shaven when he had left the temple?

Although LBB was very memorable, it doesn't really matter who plays the female lead in YJB series...they're all fairly 1-D. Maybe except the one we're talking about in this thread...Xiao Man was portrayed beautifully, and she had an agenda. She was a character that was handled subtlely.

I would give a fair go to FBB...she was positively brilliant in Ping Zhong Xia Ying (the whole series was cool). However, I too would skip YJB 2, purely because LY as Bao Zheng was a crime to watch...he was the BZ who had major ego issues (the number of times the point was made that BZ was smart...LY's responding smirk!!!). CSZ's 'descent into hell' I've heard is the one thing worth watching in YJB 2 I hear.
    so ZZ isnt a monk. ok.

who's CSZ?

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    I'm just re-thinking Sugar's phrasing of "Bao and Xiao Man in the Pavilion again".

I think I didn't understand it at first because, err, how many times have Bao and Xiao Man chatted in a Pavilion? But "the end" and "again" lead me to believe you mean the sequence at the very, very end? No?

That sequence was in a brothel-turned-restaurant. Chinese pavilions are small, ornate, open structures usually situated in a garden. From memory, the only time Bao and Xiao Man were in a Pavilion together was at the start of the last story arc, when they were eating dumplings (ironically, in Xiao Man's own residence, and the occurrence of the first clue to Xiao Man's true identity).

haah ok, to rephrase, what DID happened at the end after Bao jumped off the cliff?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

who's CSZ?
    Woops! Got the pinyin abbreviation wrong...it's Gongsun Ci (GSC).

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    haah ok, to rephrase, what DID happened at the end after Bao jumped off the cliff?
    A surreal and obscure ending IMO. Sort of like Julian Cheung/Ruby Lin's 'Dagger Lee' ending - in the sense that it makes no sense.

After Bao jumps off the cliff...we seem to reverse back to the 'good old days' where XM is still a cook and Bao is a waiter in the brothel-turned-restaurant.

Assumed meaning 1: Wishful thinking of 'what could've been', either on the part of Bao or XM.

Assumed meaning 2: Far fetched scenario - XM follows Bao in the jump, both land in around the same area where Bao had originally fallen. 'Magically', both are not hurt nor knocked head enough to have amnesia 'again'. Both find their way back to the restaurant and regain their original roles. Happily ever after...

I believe #2 has a plausibility value of zero, so I generally side with #1. Even if #2 was an intended meaning, it would be very short-lived, considering the Emperor made it quite clear how much he distrusts and is envious of Bao, and knows the where-abouts of the restaurant (that's why he sent XM there in the first place). Hmm...using your apparently 'beloved' fiance as an undercover...Xi Shi replay, no?

Default Young Judge Bao 3

Hello all,

I'm one of the Bao series' fan.
    This series "Young judge Bao 3" currently airing in one of our local channel.

But he is not the one you all said & looks more good & nice. Also Gon Son Chei' is looks handsome too. Zang zao is the one from Shaolin kid & he's grow old enough.

The story is an interesting & the most I like is the couple Bao & Shaung Man(the leading actress).

Now , it's reach to the climax & SM is going to decide to marry the General who falls for her & knows her birthday 17th Jan'...

I cannot even wait to see the ending. So, if anyone of you have seen this, pls. tell me will Bao & SM get happy togehter (or) SM die at the end? since I've seen in some trailers Bao cries over SM's body(seems to be dead).

Thks in adv,
    Nyar
    my [email protected]

Default Young Judge Bao 3 engind???

Hello all,

Sorry, Now I've read previous page & yes, ths is it.

Yes, I agree to all. This Bao "[COLOR=black]Deng Chao "[/COLOR] looks more good & nice than others. His acting is superb & have great chemistry with the leading lady (Xiao Man's ).Also Gongsun Ci is looks handsome too. Zang zao is the one from Shaolin kid & he's grow old enough.

The story is an interesting & the most I like is the couple Bao & Xhaung Man(the leading actress).

Now , it's reach to the climax & XM is going to decide to marry the General who falls for her & knows her birthday 17th Jan'...

I cannot even wait to see the ending. So, if anyone of you have seen this, pls. tell me will Bao & SM get happy togehter (or) XM die at the end? since I've seen in some trailers Bao cries over XM's body(seems to be dead).

Thks in adv,
    Nyar
    my [COLOR=#0000ff][email protected][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Nyar Nyar View Post
    Hello all,

Sorry, Now I've read previous page & yes, ths is it.

Yes, I agree to all. This Bao "[COLOR=black]Deng Chao "[/COLOR] looks more good & nice than others. His acting is superb & have great chemistry with the leading lady (Xiao Man's ).Also Gongsun Ci is looks handsome too. Zang zao is the one from Shaolin kid & he's grow old enough.

The story is an interesting & the most I like is the couple Bao & Xhaung Man(the leading actress).

Now , it's reach to the climax & XM is going to decide to marry the General who falls for her & knows her birthday 17th Jan'...

I cannot even wait to see the ending. So, if anyone of you have seen this, pls. tell me will Bao & SM get happy togehter (or) XM die at the end? since I've seen in some trailers Bao cries over XM's body(seems to be dead).

Thks in adv,
    Nyar
    my [COLOR=#0000ff][email protected][/COLOR]
    Hi Nyar Nyar
    The ending to this series is open ended it means it leave it up to the view's decision.

However i really like the actor who played Bao.

Default Young Judge Bao 3 ending

To Caranglc,

Thans a lot for your kind reply & I've seen some reviews(ending) by others in this forum.
    Yes, you are right. We can choose the ending the way we like.

It has 45 episodes & not finished here yet.

Me too, I'm also so addicted to the actor who plays as Bao though he is not too handsome.

Also, I see he has a great chemistry with the leading lady who plays as Xiao Man. They are really cute together.
    Have you seen any other series which both of them in.

By the way, I've read in some news that actor(Deng Chao) has already got a girl friend & she's an actress too. Oh, I only want him to be with Xiao Man.

Do you know any series by the actress who plays as Xiao man?

Thks,
    Nyar

Dear Nyar

I am not sure the actress Xiao Man which other show she is acting in. Hoever for Deng Chao He is currently acting in Yi tian Ty long Ji he is acting as Zhang WU JI. I love him as an actor he is a great actor.

I am rewatching Young Justic Bao 3 now...

Good series... love Deng Cao and his sidekicks... love the detective stuff but what a ridiculous ending. Pure unadulterated crap. Did he lose half his brain cells just because the emperor said to him that the country wouldn't have peace as long as Bao Zheng was around. What he should have said was that it was his job to keep the dog officials honest or something to that effect.
    Was Bao Zheng this emotional in series 1 and 2? The relationship between Bao Zheng and Xiao Man though well acted turns out to be a bad Night Shyamalan ending. Talk about stringing a man along.

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Lily View Post
    Good series... love Deng Cao and his sidekicks... love the detective stuff but what a ridiculous ending. Pure unadulterated crap. Did he lose half his brain cells just because the emperor said to him that the country wouldn't have peace as long as Bao Zheng was around. What he should have said was that it was his job to keep the dog officials honest or something to that effect.
    Was Bao Zheng this emotional in series 1 and 2? The relationship between Bao Zheng and Xiao Man though well acted turns out to be a bad Night Shyamalan ending. Talk about stringing a man along.
    ugh, i know. i hated this series, mostly because of the ending. it just seemed so uncharacteristic of him, not to mention not even CLOSE to being historically accurate. and no, BZ was not this emotional in series 1 and 2 (2 is my favorite by far - and not just cause lu yi acted as BZ ). he's always calm and collected, and even though there are female characters in the first 2 that he is close to they never make it to like the blatantly romantic stage. he's always portrayed as valuing his crime-solving stuff over his romantic relationships, which was just totally thrown out the window during the 3rd series -.- ARGGH it made me so mad

ugh, i know. i hated this series, mostly because of the ending. it just seemed so uncharacteristic of him, not to mention not even CLOSE to being historically accurate. and no, BZ was not this emotional in series 1 and 2 (2 is my favorite by far - and not just cause lu yi acted as BZ ). he's always calm and collected, and even though there are female characters in the first 2 that he is close to they never make it to like the blatantly romantic stage. he's always portrayed as valuing his crime-solving stuff over his romantic relationships, which was just totally thrown out the window during the 3rd series -.- ARGGH it made me so mad
    I'm glad I'm not the only who thought the lack of character authenticity was a problem. I know the story arcs are original stories but I read Bao Gong Qi An years ago and this Bao Zheng going completely gaga over a woman and taking to drink made me furious.
    And then he takes a leap at the end. Where's the tian bu pa, di bu pa Bao Zheng?

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Lily View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only who thought the lack of character authenticity was a problem. I know the story arcs are original stories but I read Bao Gong Qi An years ago and this Bao Zheng going completely gaga over a woman and taking to drink made me furious.
    And then he takes a leap at the end. Where's the tian bu pa, di bu pa Bao Zheng?
    ughh, exactly! series 3 made me so mad. have you watched series 1 and 2? they're infinitely better. i highly recommend series 2 especially

ughh, exactly! series 3 made me so mad. have you watched series 1 and 2? they're infinitely better. i highly recommend series 2 especially
    My brother's getting me series 2.
    I saw the first 12 eps of series 1 and was annoyed that the rest of the series wasn't available.