Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Young Judge bao 3 少年包青天Ⅲ之天芒传奇

OMG Thanks so MUCH for the spoilers FCsquibbles.

Quote Originally Posted by FCsquibbles
    Spoilers...

The fortune telling story arc is a little weird. It felt more like a stage for the couples romances. It's a good arc nevertheless. Gongsun and Xiao Feng Zheng are so funny and adorable. It was also an interesting insight into how Bao Zheng deals with love...heaven forbid that we'd touch on this subject, but the writers finally gave in, woohoo! Bao Zheng basically has 'indicative dreams' and gets told off by an astute widow about the finer points of 'amore'. Watch out for his little bumbling speech to Xiao Man..nothing short of sweet.

This version of YJB stands out I think, compared to the previous 2, because of the overall story arc. Yes, if you weren't aware of the story behind Xiao Man, the last arc would be an amazing surprise. But, it is worthwhile re-watching the whole series to catch moments when Xiao Man actually hints, very subtlely, on who she is. Unfortunately, the last arc doesn't refer back to these moments, but in every single story arc, there are definite references to the climax.
    I totally agree on your assessment....I've rewatched the first case soooo many times I practically remember the lines!

If you can't be bothered doing the re-watch and finding the hints, these are some:

Crazy Da Bao arc - Xiao Man questions BZ if he is truly crazy. She sort of pressures him to trust her with any secrets that he might have...girl is making an effort with her spying.
    I remember this!! Even though I didn't pay attention as to the motive, after reading the spoiler, I went back and rewatched everything, paying close attention to the actors and their every move/statement. It's just a testament to how good the actors are that I didn't catch this at first.

Xiao Man at the Capital City - Xiao Man tells the boys not to follow her while she has a 'wander of the city'. I imagine at this point, she went to the palace to confer with the Emperor and her grandfather in the next step of the plan. Because technically, her mission was to report if BZ remembered about 'Tian Mang'. Even though BZ had regained his memory, it was lacking those he had of 'Tian Mang'. I guess the conspirators felt it useful to keep Xiao Man with BZ until he either fully regained his memory or found Tian Mang itself.
    Haven't seen this yet....

Meeting the Mother - Mother Bao seemed suspicious that Xiao Man was a mere orphan...she commented that she felt a sense of royalty to Xiao Man's presence.
    This was when my suspicions first arose before the spoilers!

Monk Murder arc - General's wife commented that Xiao Man wasn't a mere servant girl, she was royalty. Hmm...same comment by 2 different people, coincidence or what? Xiao Man does this convoluted discussion on truth, benevolence, and beauty (implying superficiality) - she says that BZ will always focus on truth (which is perceived as the most virtuous choice) while she herself will choose beauty. From the discussion, my understanding was that Xiao Man has chosen to submit to her destiny, and therefore have to act on lies/betrayal/illusion of beauty while BZ has the freedom to pursue truth. Xiao Man realizes this difference, and expresses that their paths will never cross, despite her feelings. BZ of course has absolutely no clue about what Xiao Man was talking about. .
    For some reason I first thought Xiao Man was a princess from another land.... LOL

Mask arc - Tribal granny says that Xiao Man is wearing a mask, and that marrying Mr. No. 1 (namely the Emperor) will only bring grief to her world. Xiao Man comments to Pong Tong that even though he may be no. 1, she will only marry no. 1 among no. 1 of men...Pong Tong observes that the lucky hubby must be the Emperor. Xiao Man answers with a knowing smile.
    Wait...so she's the Song Emperor's sister or his wife to be?

Doctors arc - In a funny twist of Xiao Man's own identity, Xiao Feng Zheng and her grandfather impersonate Princess Chai and her royal grandfather. Xiao Man found it very funny when the head of police tried to 'boot polish' her supposed 'royal grandfather'. I suppose it would only be an in joke for someone like Xiao Man who was the real live personality. Gongsun berates Xiao Feng Zheng in showing interest in a wedding headress, insisting that the Emperor's betrothed would never get the chance to wear such a common headress - note Xiao Man's depressed look on the side at this point, and also her later insistence with BZ on wanting to try the headress on (realizing that she would never get the chance).

Finding Tian Mang arc - the whole arc literally oozed with clues on Xiao Man's identity. Some of which was used by BZ at the end to expose her identity.

BZ at the end commented that Xiao Man once told him that the characters for Xi Yan (princess' true name) combined together makes 'Man'. It actually does, but only with the traditional character for 'Man/barbaric' (Xi Yan + character for 'worm' at the bottom...funny eh?). I find this strange, because it would be a dead giveaway and make no sense in the context of the plot. I find the name Xi Yan so beautiful though. A total opposite to 'Man'.
    I haven't gotten this far yet.
    But would you be kind enough to provide answers for my inquiries below:
    1. Is Xiao Man the Emperor's sister or his wife to be?
    2. If she's the wife to be....I remember there was a sick lady with the Emperor when BZ first regained his memory and went to visit the Emperor...they never showed her face. Is that Xiao Man?

Thanks much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orchids
    For some reason I first thought Xiao Man was a princess from another land.... LOL
    Yeah, I thought that too at some point. But the collective evidence certainly points otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Orchids
    1. Is Xiao Man the Emperor's sister or his wife to be?
    2. If she's the wife to be....I remember there was a sick lady with the Emperor when BZ first regained his memory and went to visit the Emperor...they never showed her face. Is that Xiao Man?
    I feel a bit bad giving out so much spoilers when you haven't finished seeing the series. I hope this isn't spoiling it for you.

1. Xiao Man is the emperor's wife-to-be (actually Queen to be). She doesn't need to compete with other ladies to be Queen by virtue of 2 factors (a) her status as a princess in her own right - her grandfather is a prince of the state, who was also the emperor of the dynasty immediately prior to the Song dynasty (refer to below for further explanation); (b) she grew up with the emperor, "Qing Men Zhu Ma" (a saying assuming that there must have been a deep bond between two who have grown up together).

2. I always thought the sick lady with the emperor at that point was a stand-in. I didn't see a reason for Xiao Man to be there, especially not if she was rushing off to Mother Bao's place. One must remember Xiao Man was already with Mother Bao before the boys got there. It's interesting though, that all the Emperor's comments of how he missed her constant presence (presumably due to her sickness) can also be applied to the real princess/Xiao Man. Because Xiao Man is playing spy, she's not there with him, so the emperor may infact be truly missing her.

Xiao Man's grandfather...I finally looked it up (well, I referred to Wikipedia) because I see this Chai family/Song emperor relationship in so many series, and it's true! Chai grandfather was the last emperor of the late Zhou dynasty. He ascended the throne at 7, and then was usurped by Zhou Kangyin (who was a general of the late Zhou dynasty). Zhou Kangyin became the 1st emperor of the Song dynasty. Although a few series depict as such, it is questionable as to whether the 1st Song emperor gave the title of prince to the Chai descendants as a compensation for stealing their royal heritage. If this is true, it explains why the Song Emperors are particulary respectful of the Chai family in most series. Popular culture also has one of the Chai princesses marry into the Yang family of generals. Getting back to YJB III, if there really was a Xiao Man, she would technically be more 'blue-blooded' than the Song emperor himself, which made her an excellent candidate as Queen.

My one 'beef' with the series is not allowing Xiao Man coming out from the curtained carriage in all her royal regalia. We only get glimpses of her as a princess. It would also work in the context of the court case, because she has been exposed as one of the 'culprits'. An explanation from her point of view would of at least helped the emperor. I thought it was quite cowardly to stay put.

Does anyone agree or disagree? What do you think Lady Zhuge?

And the big question, who did Xiao Man truly love? The obvious answer would be Bao Zheng, but I don't think it's as black and white as that. I believe Xiao Man shared very strong feelings with the emperor that cannot be clearly defined as a 'non-romantic/love' type. At the best, Xiao Man may've had a half friend/romantic relationship with the emperor. The way how she said "they' understood that she would be chosen as Queen - most importantly that she didn't object to this - reflects a very strong relationship with the emperor. Also, if she was totally and absolutely into Bao Zheng, she would tell him the truth about her identity. The emperor must have also trusted Xiao Man not to betray him.

So, what do people think about this?
    Last edited by FCsquibbles; 04-20-07 at 04:33 AM.

Thank you for the great synopsis. You didn't spoil everything for me, just confirmed my suspicions.

I'm watching XM's interaction with BT (the general). She is adorable. BT keeps looking at her and commenting "interesting, very interesting" and she corrects him, "it's not interesting, it should be 'pretty, very pretty'." LOL I thought it was hilarious. I know some people think that the actor who plays BT isn't "handsome" but I find him quite attractive. I loved him in part 1 when he was the killer, loved him more when he played Hoang Phi Hung's father in "The Young Hoang Phi Hung (Thieu Nien Hoang Phi Hung)". He exudes a certain charm and "manliness" hehehe

For some reason, I have a feeling if BZ comes out and says he's in love with XM, she MAY just forget being Queen and follow BZ to the ends of the earth. However, if BZ found out she was destined to be Queen, he will certainly not "take her away" from the Emperor.

I'm blase` about the Emperor. Whenever I see him, I am reminded of the meek and worthless Emperor in the older BZ series. I can't grow to like this young version, even when he was in danger in Part 2. Despite that, I am really looking forward to see who the Emperor was trying to kill when he wielded the sword in the preview.

This is such a wonderful series, I really hope they continue with part 4. Wasn't this filmed in, what, 2005-2006? It's now 2007...time for another one? Or is that wishful thinking?

Whoever need the ending theme, PM me w/ your email address, I will send it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by YHL80
    Thanks Cutey! do you by chance have the ending theme also?
    http://www.box.net/public/548psseg9i

can someone please spoil the ending for me? Much thankx.

Quote Originally Posted by cutey
    Thanks
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

I just finished the series. I don't get it why you all said the end at Bao Zheng jump to the mountain, but my ending is at the restaurant of the first case. Bao zheng is kind dumd like he lost his memory & Xiao Man is very ... If this is a real ending then I really hated it. How can he let his two best friends thinking him dead and end up Xiao Man. If in this case, I really disappoint in him. Bao Zheng shouldn't be this way.

Quote Originally Posted by windy83 View Post
    How can he let his two best friends thinking him dead and end up Xiao Man. If in this case, I really disappoint in him. Bao Zheng shouldn't be this way.
    I totally agree! Seeing Bao Zheng inexplicably alive and dumb again (or pretending to be dumb?) and hanging around with Xiao Man (how'd she get out of her empress gig, anyway?) at the restaurant was a cheap and easy way to end things. I'm all for symmetry in story-telling and having characters come "full circle," but in this case, it makes everything that happened in the last 40-something episodes practically irrelevant. It just doesn't make sense.

They made it so that a happy ending for everyone involved (the emperor, Bao Zheng, Xiao Man) would be fairly impossible, so I sort of hoped they'd have it be a semi-tragic one that explains Bao Zheng's staying a bachelor for the rest of his life. One of my favorite things about the first Young Bao Qing Tian series is that it managed to show the subtle changes in Bao Zheng's character as he progressively transforms into the classic Bao Qing Tian everyone knows, and also what causes these changes; this relationship could have been a great chance to show character development, instead of being just the obligatory romance.

Having said all that, I really did like this series a lot! (Everything before the ending, anyway ) I LOVED Gong Sun Ce in this version, especially his relationship with Xiao Feng Zheng. The scene where they both got high was.. amazing, haha

I rather like the ending. This story is as can be seen by the title a myth anyway, so no need to enforce unneccessary tragic.
    Happy ending is quite fine, it makes the whole story much nicer.

Conclusion: very nice series. Definitely worth watching!

Default KSCI-TV 18?

Is this what I'm watching on Channel 18 Los Angeles, or are they running a different Justice Bao series?

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    Is this what I'm watching on Channel 18 Los Angeles, or are they running a different Justice Bao series?
    it's a different Justice Bao.

Quote Originally Posted by windy83 View Post
    I just finished the series. I don't get it why you all said the end at Bao Zheng jump to the mountain, but my ending is at the restaurant of the first case. Bao zheng is kind dumd like he lost his memory & Xiao Man is very ... If this is a real ending then I really hated it. How can he let his two best friends thinking him dead and end up Xiao Man. If in this case, I really disappoint in him. Bao Zheng shouldn't be this way.
    I only think that they will have part 4..i really hope that!
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

Hi!

I just finished this serie and had read a lot of comments. I respect your opinion in not liking the ending. But I personnally really really like it

I always believe and still believe that TM only loves BC. Her relationship with the King (I don't like him at all) is not really love, but more like "following the destiny". We know too well the paths of the people born in the royalty families, the King's absolute rights, the princesses wedding away to make pease, the general/officer's obligations, etc etc

What FCsquibbles wrote :
    "her status as a princess in her own right - her grandfather is a prince of the state, who was also the emperor of the dynasty ... aka my saying following her destiny.
    (b) she grew up with the emperor, "Qing Men Zhu Ma" (a saying assuming that there must have been a deep bond between two who have grown up together). Having a deep bong (man and woman) doesn't always mean having a deep love. For TM, I think it's more respect/faithful/accepting sort of.

In the end, she did say that BC is the guy she loves (likes) and will remember the most. She also said that she will accept her destiny..getting married to the king, give birth to a prince for the throne, and then living desertly "an phan" (playing her chosen role) as the qeen for the rest of her live.

When the tribute granny said she was wearing a mask, and TM responded the contrary, at this point, my opinion again, she has forgotten her sad dutyful identity to her true feelings.

The ending..... I realllyyyyyy liked how BC hugged TM and told her whenever she misses him, to remember him as Dai Bao
    Seeing him and TM again at the restaurant from the 1rst episode was quite a shock but not an unwelcome one
    I perfectly know that BC has to remain single all his life. But seeing so much justice bao series with no good chemistry ending for him, I didn't mind the twist at all.

Why everyone think he's dead? That's the only way for them to be together. Let see this at my angle.
    BC jumping off the cliff : He said it himself, he must die for the world's pease (I didn't get it though but maybe since he is so brainy that people tend to use him for non-good purposes and it always lead to bad stuff and people dying). Now that people think he's dead, has the world stop moving? No.. Making his closest crying for him is not a good thing, I agree. BUT his mother still lives normally and can treat patients while remembering her son, CTS still can teach lessons to his students while waiting for TPC to come back and missing his best buddy. Tien Chieu still can cares for his "big bro" and pay visit to the cliff at his anniversary. The King, having his trhone safe, still can eat well and thinking about his loyal "than tu". Everyone have a good path, why BC and TM have to live in sorrow?
    One is Tong's Dynasty best "than tu and brainy" and one is the qeen-to-be... if the King allow them to be together, what method can be use other then faking death?? this is not the first series that royalty/high ranked officers have to fake their deaths because of things that cannot be revealed to the public.

Secong thought, It also can be that BC really want to die by jumping off the cliff. and after recovery (he's not dead), he went back to the restaurant to rest peacefuly for the rest of his life (this is like the Queen and the prince that jumped off the cliff in the monk'se case, since he has given a 2nd chance to live, why can't he live for himself? Just because he is BC means he must be a god and cannot be selfish!) (and who said he won't come back later on to his friends and mother????) can't he have 1 or 2 years of own happiness with the girl he loves??? try to imagine.... I have never seen a Justice Bao serie inwhich BC accept someone feelings nor expressing outstanginly his love... in this one, HE PROPOSED TO TM!!!!!!!! I can feel the love this "world's brainy but such a dumb at love" has for TM. She is so important to him. So he went back to the resto where he first met TM (and to remember the good memories) and meet TM there. She is no longer the princess as the King, seeing her sorrow, had let her go (and telling people that she died from sickness). She misses BC so went back to that restaurant and ends up meeting him there and they start all over agai .

And being together with TM at the end doesn't mean he doesn't "respect" his prophect as a lonely soul...what if TM accidently died??? and part 4 begins with him coming back with his memories of TM, right?????

Heheheh only my thoughts

Thank you

wow im new here. ive looked everywhere for a forum that discusses this movie and i finally found it. i love this movie!!! esp. the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by vicky_hp2710 View Post
    Hi!

I just finished this serie and had read a lot of comments. I respect your opinion in not liking the ending. But I personnally really really like it

I always believe and still believe that TM only loves BC. Her relationship with the King (I don't like him at all) is not really love, but more like "following the destiny". We know too well the paths of the people born in the royalty families, the King's absolute rights, the princesses wedding away to make pease, the general/officer's obligations, etc etc

What FCsquibbles wrote :
    "her status as a princess in her own right - her grandfather is a prince of the state, who was also the emperor of the dynasty ... aka my saying following her destiny.
    (b) she grew up with the emperor, "Qing Men Zhu Ma" (a saying assuming that there must have been a deep bond between two who have grown up together). Having a deep bong (man and woman) doesn't always mean having a deep love. For TM, I think it's more respect/faithful/accepting sort of.

In the end, she did say that BC is the guy she loves (likes) and will remember the most. She also said that she will accept her destiny..getting married to the king, give birth to a prince for the throne, and then living desertly "an phan" (playing her chosen role) as the qeen for the rest of her live.

When the tribute granny said she was wearing a mask, and TM responded the contrary, at this point, my opinion again, she has forgotten her sad dutyful identity to her true feelings.

The ending..... I realllyyyyyy liked how BC hugged TM and told her whenever she misses him, to remember him as Dai Bao
    Seeing him and TM again at the restaurant from the 1rst episode was quite a shock but not an unwelcome one
    I perfectly know that BC has to remain single all his life. But seeing so much justice bao series with no good chemistry ending for him, I didn't mind the twist at all.

Why everyone think he's dead? That's the only way for them to be together. Let see this at my angle.
    BC jumping off the cliff : He said it himself, he must die for the world's pease (I didn't get it though but maybe since he is so brainy that people tend to use him for non-good purposes and it always lead to bad stuff and people dying). Now that people think he's dead, has the world stop moving? No.. Making his closest crying for him is not a good thing, I agree. BUT his mother still lives normally and can treat patients while remembering her son, CTS still can teach lessons to his students while waiting for TPC to come back and missing his best buddy. Tien Chieu still can cares for his "big bro" and pay visit to the cliff at his anniversary. The King, having his trhone safe, still can eat well and thinking about his loyal "than tu". Everyone have a good path, why BC and TM have to live in sorrow?
    One is Tong's Dynasty best "than tu and brainy" and one is the qeen-to-be... if the King allow them to be together, what method can be use other then faking death?? this is not the first series that royalty/high ranked officers have to fake their deaths because of things that cannot be revealed to the public.

Secong thought, It also can be that BC really want to die by jumping off the cliff. and after recovery (he's not dead), he went back to the restaurant to rest peacefuly for the rest of his life (this is like the Queen and the prince that jumped off the cliff in the monk'se case, since he has given a 2nd chance to live, why can't he live for himself? Just because he is BC means he must be a god and cannot be selfish!) (and who said he won't come back later on to his friends and mother????) can't he have 1 or 2 years of own happiness with the girl he loves??? try to imagine.... I have never seen a Justice Bao serie inwhich BC accept someone feelings nor expressing outstanginly his love... in this one, HE PROPOSED TO TM!!!!!!!! I can feel the love this "world's brainy but such a dumb at love" has for TM. She is so important to him. So he went back to the resto where he first met TM (and to remember the good memories) and meet TM there. She is no longer the princess as the King, seeing her sorrow, had let her go (and telling people that she died from sickness). She misses BC so went back to that restaurant and ends up meeting him there and they start all over agai .

And being together with TM at the end doesn't mean he doesn't "respect" his prophect as a lonely soul...what if TM accidently died??? and part 4 begins with him coming back with his memories of TM, right?????

Heheheh only my thoughts

Thank you

It's really interesting to read what everyone else thinks about the ending! I can definitely see why it's nice to have BC and XM together in the end, after everything they've gone through- I don't doubt that in general, audience satisfaction was probably higher than for the first two series. Normally, I prefer happy endings over sad ones, too. I think this might actually be the first time I *wanted* a tragic one, though.

My main reason for that is pretty simple: Young Judge Bao 3, by presenting itself as the story of BC, has to (at least in my opinion) adhere to certain facts in the Judge Bao canon. If it were just a series about young detectives solving mysteries, the ending wouldn't be an issue at all. But we all know, more or less, who the Young BC is going to turn into. Sure, there's still a huge chunk of his life we haven't seen yet between the ending of Young Judge Bao 3 and the classic Judge Bao series, and that could tie things together properly, but I don't see how it's even possible to bridge the gap there. Why would BC return to his 'destiny' after his efforts to escape it? How would XM be removed from the picture (since we know BC is supposed to end up alone)? Maybe a Yonug Judge Bao 4 could explain these questions- maybe. More likely, if there is ever to be a sequel, the producers would make it a complete stand alone series, just like they've done with the past three. The fact that there is basically no way of cleaning up this happy mess of an ending is what gets me; I feel like the writers got lazy, and vouched for the easiest way out. That doesn't exactly scream satisfaction to me.

I feel bad for poor BC, too. He never gets any of the ladies! But having him actually get together successfully with someone... that's like letting Romeo and Juliet live happily ever after because 'they always die in the old plays and movies, and they should be together for once'. Can you imagine someone having the balls to change that story like that?? OK, maybe the two are a little different, but you guys get what I mean Bottom line: have fun filling in the holes, but don't mess with core canon!

quick question...could anyone tell me the name of the girl who ends up with gongsun ce?
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

Looked it up on Baidu. Hope this helps.
    Character name: Xiao Feng Zheng 小风筝
    Actress name: Yang Rong 杨蓉
    Last edited by Hoju!; 08-07-07 at 11:47 AM.

thanks so much! I was looking up the name for a friend, and having not watched the series yet, it was kind of hard haha. Thanks again!
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

Just a few pictures :
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/kidsgalore/series/244215fa3407708a9f514677.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/kidsgalore/series/470063a98df025f91f17a246.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/kidsgalore/series/05hv6.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/kidsgalore/series/234534342_93fd32f9e0-vi.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/kidsgalore/series/234534346_eeefb0ebda-vi.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9789/67908453qz4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/9572/102tb.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/kidsgalore/series/439bbc82698d26ba6d811945.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/kidsgalore/series/11758822533052590.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/kidsgalore/series/19619899a[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/kidsgalore/series/039b948f0edb9fedf01f36bc.jpg')58e470b6e068cbc.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by Qin_Shu_Bao; 08-12-07 at 01:15 PM.