View Poll Results: > Which series do you enjoy most: Mainland, Taiwan, HK, Korean, Japanese, Western?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mainland

20 60.61%
  • Taiwan

8 24.24%
  • Hong Kong

18 54.55%
  • Japanese

3 9.09%
  • Singapore

1 3.03%
  • Western

5 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Production Do You Enjoy Most?

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    HK-just saw LOCH 83-no offense to TVB fans, but I hated it. The scenery was a joke next to LOCH 03 and ROCH 06, and the rock that crushes Ou Yang Ke's legs looks soooo fake.
    it's back in the 80s

wot do u expect?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

im more into western tv series...Stargate SG1, Space: Above and Beyond, Surface, Angel, bla bla bla...i can go on for ages...anyway, as for asian series i used to love TVB but now i rarely watch 'em.....id go for mainland i guess....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

I voted for Mainland and Taiwan AND Korean I use to love Hong Kong so much .. but now thank to these young newcomer who doesn't know how to act and most are butt ugly. its waste time watching TVB series.

hmm.. never watch J-drama b4. does they look exactly like Korean drama ?

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by HanaButa
    hmm.. never watch J-drama b4. does they look exactly like Korean drama ?
    No!

Jdorama r much shorter, better storyline, don't drag and the celeb r better looking!
    Last edited by Gundam-Freedom; 12-14-06 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    No!

Jdorama r much shorter, better storyline, don't drag and the celeb r better looking!

I just checked at my video place where I rented . they don't have j-drama only few Japanese moive. gotta try and watch it. hope I get into it

Mainland

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

I can't believe that there r so few ppl who watch J-dorama. u guys should try them - they're great.
    short enough so it won't be a bore, most of them with humorous scenes so it's more lighthearted and enjoyable to watch. and i realize tat the newer actors/actresses taking over the older ones are quite capable as well - many of their series are doing well enough and they have garnered plenty of fans and support from the viewers.
    I've watched plenty of series from all of the different regions mentioned in the poll (including Korean) - and I enjoy watching J-dorama and western series the most, with TVB (older series) coming third. Korean and Mainland series are a bit too draggy for my taste, whereas Taiwan series is juz not my cup of tea (too many pretty faces with little acting talent)
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

i like TVB dramas the most..

Mainland> Some are weird..
    Taiwan> Only watch "ou xiang ju"
    Korean/Jap> Dun understand if it's not dubbed (cos mainly Chinese subtitles) and if it's dubbed, the voice puts me off..
    Western> Omg, just Bold and Beautiful is adequate to make me boycott most western soapies.. Except maybe good ones like Grey's Anatomy..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    I didnn't even knw they made a mordern series!
    Mainland makes a lot of modern dramas...I rather like Mainland modern series. The humour is generally quite good. "Fen Hong Nv Lang" is hilarious...Liu Ruoying and Chen Hao did a good job in it.

However, Mainland series tend to be overly long, I agree. I mean, everything is at least 30 eps, if not 40. I don't know if it's a moneymaking thing, but they could condense it a little.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Mainland makes a lot of modern dramas...I rather like Mainland modern series. The humour is generally quite good. "Fen Hong Nv Lang" is hilarious...Liu Ruoying and Chen Hao did a good job in it.
    I saw the first episode of Fen Hong Nv Lang...its pretty funny
    However, I haven't seen or heard of any other modern ones...most of the ones I've seen are either ancient or 1900s ish like Moment in Peking/Jin Hua Yan Yun...can you name a few good ones?
    ~redfirefly124

However, I haven't seen or heard of any other modern ones...most of the ones I've seen are either ancient or 1900s ish like Moment in Peking/Jin Hua Yan Yun...can you name a few good ones?
    ~redfirefly124
    It depends on your taste, but I enjoyed Death Diary (Si Wang Ri Ji), 18 Sui De Tian Kong, and My Family Tree (Qing Qing Shu). All of them are very different.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Mainland period dramas top my list with all those historic & wuxia genes my favourite! I'll only watch TVB dramas unless my fave actors are in it... Taiwanese dramas when I'm left with no dramas to watch LOL

Grey's Anatomy is turning into a soap opera fast given the direction it's going.

I like Mainland the best--they actually have some solid clever series and lots of historically CORRECT dramas, though a bit boring at times.

Taiwanese ones are only good for eye candy (but that lasts ilke 1 minute) and then some occasional laughs. It's the type of drama I don't like admitting that I enjoyed and cringe the second time round watching it.

Korean--wayyyy too repetitive and melodramatic sometimes.

Japanese--I saw one w/ good potential a LONG time ago, haven't seen any lately.

Western--such a huge range, hard to judge, you get really bad crap like reality shows and singing contests, and pretty decent ones like ER and Twice in a Lifetime, and then some feel good ones like Seventh Heaven (though kinda soapy), and the typical good old humor like Malcolm in the Middle, Simpsons, 70s show. Good range, but you gotta sort through the bad.

HK---some of the plots are ridiculous, but I guess they're so-so. The promoted actors/actresses are not my cup of tea, and I don't fancy the slapstick. However, if there are a lot of veterans in it, and you don't get the newcomers are leads, it might not be too bad.

So...which do you enjoy most?
    I vote Mainland...the actors/actresses are really good, the production quality is great, and the plots are not repetitive. Scenery if beautiful!
    Taiwanese and Korean I find a bit repetitive. Especially Korean.
    Japanese I haven't seen.
    HK-just saw LOCH 83-no offense to TVB fans, but I hated it. The scenery was a joke next to LOCH 03 and ROCH 06, and the rock that crushes Ou Yang Ke's legs looks soooo fake.
    Singapore-never seen
    Western-never seen any.
    So, what do you guys think?
    I vote for Hong Kong, specially Hong Kong series of the 80s. THey are simply the best and irreplacable. The slow motion martial art are the best, whereas mainland overuse the special effect to the point a character can beat his opponent without hand fight. that is ridiculous....

For LOCH83, if you only care about scenery and special effect, then this is not a good series. On the other hand, if you compare artists, acting, martial art, costumes, storyline, and theme song then is no mainland series can ever compare to LOCH83, not even close, not in a thousand year. Despite lack of technology, there are a lot more people like LOCH83 than LOCH03. Who can compare to Felix/Barbara as GuoJing/HuangRong????
    http://www.cohongmusic.com/ProductImages/movie/dvd/tvbi/huongthanhlangtu.jpg
    The Golden Five Tigers of the 80s are the best wuxia artists ever!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBanh
    I vote for Hong Kong, specially Hong Kong series of the 80s. THey are simply the best and irreplacable. The slow motion martial art are the best, whereas mainland overuse the special effect to the point a character can beat his opponent without hand fight. that is ridiculous....

For LOCH83, if you only care about scenery and special effect, then this is not a good series. On the other hand, if you compare artists, acting, martial art, costumes, storyline, and theme song then is no mainland series can ever compare to LOCH83, not even close, not in a thousand year. Despite lack of technology, there are a lot more people like LOCH83 than LOCH03. Who can compare to Felix/Barbara as GuoJing/HuangRong????
    um, julian and athena did just as good if not better. maybe its ur first time watching it, so u think all the remakes are bad. i have the same feeling too. i saw the 94 version first and i thought the 83 version was inaccurate and too old style. it happens to every1 tho, so dont worry. ppl that saw infernal affair first probably think the departed sucks
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I vote for TVB
    Ancient series of TVB during the 80s are simply irreplaceable. Nothing can compare to them......

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    i'm seeing that there are many many productions TVB, ATV, koreans... ect... this is just a comparision to see which do you like best (and i'm not talking about a particular series or anything, just the style in general).... here's my thought 1st.

i've seen crapload of series. I still think that TVB produce the most enetertaining products out of all. and here's why.
    1) New ideas (they have alot more ideas in different series than just love triangle, patriotism ect...) they take on different angle in society.
    2) very nice casts (their people in general are prettier than other productions, hense we see alot of popular names in this forums are TVB actress) not so sure if it is because they have better makeup artist, or just better looking people in general. (i'm leaning toward better makeup artist/dress)
    3) filming quality (IMO, the film made by TVB are clearer, sharper and more solid than the other production)
    4) all TVB production have a family feels to it (a repetative of casts contribute to this, when TVB starts promoting someone that person will be on 70pct of the series in that year...) so we kindda see the same cast in different roles all the time, other production tends to cast new people alot more.

The bad things about other production that i've seen in general are
    1) product quality/scenery. alot of the mainland series tend to film outdoors with huge senery, it is nice but at the same time they reduce the quality significantly, the end product is not as sharp/clear as TVB products.
    2) dragging story line: every freaking series from other production drags and drags, they repeat themselves alot to get 1 points across to the audience. it's pretty boring because of this.
    3) casts are not as good
    4) repeating old ideas (there's like a million seires produced on love triangle already, yet they keep making new ones)

ofcouse this is just the matter of opinion, i'm not an advid movie watcher so i've narrow down to the few TVB series that i like and watch'em. i used to watch alot when i'm a kid, but not anymore. i'm not sure if my observation is correct and the same as other peopel

PS: i really like the makeup artist from TVB, they keep it simple and clean, both modern and sword fighting series, their costum is simple yet pretty. The other production just over do it with accessories. their women wears about 200 pounds of accessories on their head on the film
    Up until today, I still prefer TVB series over other production. Their ancient series of the 80s still the best. Some of ATV ancient series are good as well... but not as nearly as many...

i like TVB and Mainland series. One - Tvb, i can understand. Two - Mainland ones are pretty interesting
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.