Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boring China stuff

Default Boring China stuff

China series is really boring atm. Nothing really interesting.
    Latest is a Legend of Heroes which is a remake of TVB's Gods of Honour.
    Nada here, nada there, nada for Bi Xue Jian too

Yep, there's nothing too interesting right now (especially in the ancient series department). TVB series interests me even less at the moment, though. Luckily I've gotten into Japanese series.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 12-10-06 at 02:20 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yeah, there's nothing good recently.
    I've given up on Chinese series, and returned to watching Hollywood movies.

Yes, I agreed. They always repeated making the series already exsisted..

same here, watching korean

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Yep, there's nothing too interesting right now (especially in the ancient series department). TVB series interests me even less at the moment, though. Luckily I've gotten into Japanese series.
    hmm, i wanna get into japanese as well. but there are not many japanese serials selling in singapore unfortunately.
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

japanese dramas a good but its really a pain in the neck getting them....only few are also sold here in my country....i only manage to watch them way back in 1997 wen i stil had phoenix chanel which shows jap dramas dubbed in mandarin...i miss jdoramas...

Too many LiBenGuiZhi DVD's here and all look randomly same as China series barring random as names and random as actresses.

Eh Japanese/Korean serials boy/girl meet girl/boy. Lightning strike they become couples despite parents/govt/school objections. Boy/girl gets cancer so lots of crying and long silent looks into each other's eyes.../yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    hmm, i wanna get into japanese as well. but there are not many japanese serials selling in singapore unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Eh Japanese/Korean serials boy/girl meet girl/boy. Lightning strike they become couples despite parents/govt/school objections. Boy/girl gets cancer so lots of crying and long silent looks into each other's eyes.../yawn
    Err,are the japanese/korean series that bad.

Lmao yep....

Instead of love trianges they have love squares where its so predictable.
    E.G. Boy likes girl/ Girl likes boys brother/ Boys brother wants best for his brother hence likes another girl/ The boy for some reason has a extended period with the other girl/ they fight constantly but deep inside they love each other to bits/ when boy finally gets the girl ge originally likes he regrets/ After some deep emotionaly series of events the four ends up with the right partner and happily ever after with lots of sex/ the end.

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

LOL. That's why I only watch Korean serials when i am VERY bored.Always the same old thing.Like what you said.
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

None of the Japanese series I've watched have been like that.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

lolz, i dunno what korean/japanese dramas you've been watching.

i've only watched 3 Jdramas. HYD was short and good, although the plot's a little farfetched due to the manga storyline. Strawberry on the Shortcake was strange, but the beginning really drew me in. Taiyou no Kisetsu was also interesting at first. Jdrama's generally darker than the normal stuff.

Korean dramas are addicting sometimes. They send you on emotional roller coasters. The love bit is actually believable whereas I rarely feel it in Cdrama or HKdrama.

but yeah, I've been going back to my old stuff. Can't wait to get my hands on TVB's The Rough Ride!

i know what you guys can watch....

TV.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

ok you can say china series "boring"
    I say Korean series "stupid","fake" Just some actors/actresses with artificial face and eye-drops acting silly romantic.
    Even Japanese series are more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by vivibear
    I say Korean series "stupid","fake" Just some actors/actresses with artificial face and eye-drops acting silly romantic.
    Whats not boring, I'm pretty sure the ones your going to mention include lYf.
    ( . Y . )

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Whats not boring, I'm pretty sure the ones your going to mention include lYf.
    ( . Y . )
    Yup,I like the series which LYF is in them,but not just because I fan her.I think some of china series are boring,and some are not.
    For my part,Chinese Paladin is some kind of boring,but TLBB AND ROCH are stunning series.
    IMO,most of the American series are not boring,like Prison Break and Desperate housewives.

I disagree. On spcnet, it seems like all China produces are wuxia series, but it has some really interesting series if you see past the ZJZ remakes.

In my opinion, I don't really like the Korean ones...I guess just because they're too dramatic, the actresses all have plastic surgery (well, that's irrelevant, but still) and subtitles are too much work in the summer (which is the only time I ever watch series).

I'm not a fan of LYF, but the series she's in tend to be good (not necessarily because of her, but because she somehow is always in the series w/ good plots and good co-stars)
    Last edited by Sparky; 12-15-06 at 04:26 PM.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by vivibear
    It seems that some people didn't read and/or understand the first post. It's not that Chinese series are boring on the whole, but that there just hasn't really been many interesting new series to watch of late. Personally I still love Mainland series and always will. Right now the waiting game is in full gear with Da Tang Fu Rong Yuan, Lu Xiao Feng, etc. so meanwhile, I'm getting my fill from watching older Mainland series and Japanese series.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")