Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Awards 2006

Default Star Awards 06

I think this year's list of nominees are disappointing. They included a lot of new faces, and neglected a lot of the veteran actors.

I thought Measure of A Man was a good series, with quite solid acting, but unfortunately, the key actors - Huang Wenyong, Constance Song, Aileen Tan, Li Yinzhu all got snubbed.

Default Star Awards 2006

Anyone caught the show on tv last week? Too bad I missed it. I heard that this year's showcase event was pretty embarassing. What actually happened? And Nakata was in SG?!
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

Quote Originally Posted by FruityPunch
    Anyone caught the show on tv last week? Too bad I missed it. I heard that this year's showcase event was pretty embarassing. What actually happened? And Nakata was in SG?!
    embarassing???? i didn't notice any embarassment....

Quote Originally Posted by FruityPunch

i watched it.. i think the embarrassing part you were referring to was where Huang Yi Liang got the best supporting actor and he mentioned his ex- wife, Lin mei jiao.. He dedicated the award to her and mentioned stuff like it was not his intention to humiliate her coz he is not the sort of person to do so etc. But she left the place by then. It was quite embarrasing and Guo liang was like prompting him to end his speech..

nakata was in singapore for a holiday and made a special appearance at the celebration bash after that. He is sure hot with ppl like Patricia Mok trying to take pic with him.

Overall the event was okay except for the Huang Yi liang's part. the taiwanese combi - Tai Chih Yuan, Kuo Tzu Chien and Chiu Kung made the show funny and light hearted with their imitation of Jimmy Lai, Chang Fei, Fei Yu ching, Fei Xiang and Richie Jen. Furthermore, the Combination of Nick Cheung and Jessica Hester Hsuan was cute, wih him tossing something on the ground to see how Jess could pick it up without revealing too much (she was wearing a low cut dress). Haha, asn Francis Ng looks cool and dashing!
    Last edited by Xin Zhi Zhu; 12-12-06 at 12:49 AM.
    I love the golden 80s period of TVB!!!
    Michael Miu + Barbara Yung = MOST FAV COUPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Xin Zhi Zhu
    i watched it.. i think the embarrassing part you were referring to was where Huang Yi Liang got the best supporting actor and he mentioned his ex- wife, Lin mei jiao.. He dedicated the award to her and mentioned stuff like it was not his intention to humiliate her coz he is not the sort of person to do so etc. But she left the place by then. It was quite embarrasing and Guo liang was like prompting him to end his speech..

nakata was in singapore for a holiday and made a special appearance at the celebration bash after that. He is sure hot with ppl like Patricia Mok trying to take pic with him.

Overall the event was okay except for the Huang Yi liang's part. the taiwanese combi - Tai Chih Yuan, Kuo Tzu Chien and Chiu Kung made the show funny and light hearted with their imitation of Jimmy Lai, Chang Fei, Fei Yu ching, Fei Xiang and Richie Jen. Furthermore, the Combination of Nick Cheung and Jessica Hester Hsuan was cute, wih him tossing something on the ground to see how Jess could pick it up without revealing too much (she was wearing a low cut dress). Haha, asn Francis Ng looks cool and dashing!
    read life! today or jus pick up a copy of 8 days then u will now everything u need to...

lol, i tot nick was really funny but my family was rather cold towards his jokes. i guess cause they couldnt understand him but i could cause i always watch my hk idols speak pu tong hua.

oh and as for the huang yiliang part, he dedicated the award to his ex-wife cause he said his daughter wish was for her mother to win an award... (btw, i know his daughter!!! since she was 6, went through 3 years of scholling with her... heehee, i remember meeting her mother on the first day of school in P1 cause i was her best fren tt time...)

I read 8 Days. Really want to watch Huang Yiliang's speech. but am afraid the rerun, they will censor. I thot the directing of the show was very bad. I mean, poor Bryan and Quan Yi Feng did not have much time to even have a proper thank you speech. and apparently neither did Chen Li Ping who frankly, had been working hard in the industry for so long to get her lifetime popularity award.

I thot it was hilarious when Gurmit blurted kenasai when he kept getting mixed signals of dragging his speech then later told to wrap up quickly. But again, probably will be censored. sigh.

And this year's venue sucked. The poor nominees all had to sit like sardines. they looked like they were in a Community centre badminton hall that was turned temporarily into a function room. And how come this year when pple not around to accept award, they dun even have a "Hi, I'm currently working in China/Taiwan/Hong Kong/Malaysia but am very very honoured and happy that I have won this award yada yada" video prepared.

All in all, I felt this year's production like very low budget.

I didn't like it.

They tried for some informal stuff, but the place was horrible. the chairs looked like some cheap plastic white chairs they put at funerals for example.

It's also getting old, how they keep getting HK people who still suck at chinese to try to read the names of the winners almost 10 years after 1997.

And didn't we already see the imitation part on some other show before?

I disagree about Huang Yiliang part, at least he was trying to spice it up a bit.

The whole show was really dull.

oh yeah the top 10 guys is pretty silly.

Gurmit and that kevin don't deserve to be in the top 10.
    A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a ****ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.

I didnt watch the show, but didn't Huang Yiliang embarrass lin Mei Jiao a few years back? I think he said some stupid stuff as well. Haha, he never learns.

somethk jus felt wrong about this year show...

1) There were no opening squences... most shows like Golden Horse or even local charity show has some dancers & performances as opening

2)There were no performances at all this... no singers at all right? usually a guest singer will perform a medley of drama themesongs...

3)The pacing of the show was absolutely horrible... one moment over-run, one moment the artist had to drag their speech. Even Francis couldn't help but took a dig at having to speak longer jus to fill the time.. it's as thou the organization didn't plan properly. I could literally imagine the crew frantically hand-signalling the artists who were speaking on stage..
    无名小卒

Quote Originally Posted by CheungKafai

1) There were no opening squences... most shows like Golden Horse or even local charity show has some dancers & performances as opening

2)There were no performances at all this... no singers at all right? usually a guest singer will perform a medley of drama themesongs...
    Blame the venue.

3)The pacing of the show was absolutely horrible... one moment over-run, one moment the artist had to drag their speech. Even Francis couldn't help but took a dig at having to speak longer jus to fill the time.. it's as thou the organization didn't plan properly. I could literally imagine the crew frantically hand-signalling the artists who were speaking on stage..
    This whole hand signalling thing is getting out of hand. It's not that they didn't do it in the past, but it seems to me that all those people only began commenting about that on air only fairly recently (in the last 5 years , 10 at best). Not sure what it means though...

Maybe the whole reality tv thing...
    A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a ****ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.

Quote Originally Posted by CheungKafai

This awards ceremony is getting meaningless. Maybe they should scrape it altogether and give us back some refund on the tv license so that we can pay for part of our 7% post-election GST.
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

You know, though the event did noy seem well-planned but it was for some reason, enjoyable due to all the expected unexpected stuff. The taiwanese and Hk presenters are usually crazy but a hoot to watch even with their terrible command of the Chinese language.

and yes, for those who caught the post-event bash, it was indeed a pleasant surprise to see Nakata. He definitley looked cool and good in person.

i have given up watching it. nevertheless, anyone can tell me who won
    1. best actor
    2. best supporting actor
    3. best supporting actress
    4. newcomer

plus the venue.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    i have given up watching it. nevertheless, anyone can tell me who won
    1. best actor
    2. best supporting actor
    3. best supporting actress
    4. newcomer

plus the venue.
    li nanxing
    huang yi liang
    hong hui fang
    er chen wei something? the blind super idol winner.

st james power station.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    li nanxing
    huang yi liang
    hong hui fang
    er chen wei something? the blind super idol winner.

st james power station.

chen wei lian sigh, he didn't deserve to win at all. elvin should have won. and he wasted a place in the top 10.

the best efforts that deserved to be commended by star awards is they managed to invite famous actors like nick and jessica hsuan. I seriously do enjoy watching them more then actually viewing those dumb mediacorp actors.
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    You know, though the event did noy seem well-planned but it was for some reason, enjoyable due to all the expected unexpected stuff. The taiwanese and Hk presenters are usually crazy but a hoot to watch even with their terrible command of the Chinese language.
    Taiwanese presenters have terrible command of the chinese language???

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner
    Taiwanese presenters have terrible command of the chinese language???
    i think srawberry meant nick. but at least he improved compared to last year, everyone was laughing once he opened his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by lyf_ling- er87
    i think srawberry meant nick. but at least he improved compared to last year, everyone was laughing once he opened his mouth.
    Bah, i bet even if these HK people became good in mandarin, they would still pretend to suck.... just for laughs.

thanks, foreva

li nanxing = ok
    huang yi liang = ok
    hong hui fang = ok
    er chen wei something? the blind super idol winner. = really dun know. maybe mediacorp wants to show that the coy supports the disabled.

st james power station. where's this place? u mean an electric power station??