Thread: roch84 review

Cool roch84 review

Just to point out a few things on the recent review of the series:

All those scenes pointed out were TVB's changes and it is known that TVB's scripts are often smelly.

when it comes to roch series, I can't stop messing with it (it is called roch syndrome)

but to respond to the review,

I disagree that roch95 is that accurate to the original story. I used to think that too but my opinion changed when I read Noodle's translation.

95 took the main gist of the story and made the series, and 84 took parts of details and parts of main plot and made up the rest.

95 would appear to be more accurate but it did lack many details and in my humble opinion, the essence of JY.

just my two cents.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Hmmm, maybe the one Noodle's translating is a revised version?
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

Cool

but the adaptations are also based on revised version.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

I have to agree with Ice_kid's review! I think Carmen Lee was great and portrayed Dragon Girl best. Although the 84's supporting casts were better, .

Depends on how one looks at the "adaptation"... 95 was probably more in line to the novel. 84's ending... well, could have been better

Personally I am not sure whether Carmen was acted as Young Dragon Girl or Robot in the tomb. She was really wooden and did not convey any feelings. Although XLN has been in the tomb for quite a long time. she is innocent. When she met YG, she felt for him. Obviously, she is supposed to be happy when she is with YG. Carmen did not show this point at all. She used the same face throughout the series. I don't think she can compare with Idy at all. In my opinion, Idy definitely the best XLN so far.

Idy can ** **** **!! Carmen ROCKS

Edit: use more proper language please and this is NOT the place to flame the actress
    Last edited by Floo..; 10-16-03 at 03:57 PM.

Originally posted by Vash|7ds
    Idy can ** **** **!! Carmen ROCKS

Edit: use more proper language please and this is NOT the place to flame the actress
    lol

but i agree that carmen is better, idy's mood changes too quickly, she can we very sad at one point and be so happy in the next...
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Originally posted by Thai guy
    She was really wooden and did not convey any feelings. Although XLN has been in the tomb for quite a long time. she is innocent. When she met YG, she felt for him. Obviously, she is supposed to be happy when she is with YG. Carmen did not show this point at all. She used the same face throughout the series.
    One of the criteria of the martial arts she learn is, she should not have emotions. That's why she is so aloof. XLN should not show a lot of emotions. She should be cold and aloof. She shouldn't have big expressions. I think Carmen potray this point correctly. Carmen didn't have much facial expression but I can sure felt her intense love towards YG, while I'm watching ROCH95. You can see it in her eyes.

Thumbs up

I like both of ROCH 83 and 95's themesongs. But somehow, they do give me a different feeling when I hear them.

ROCH83's Opening themesong and ending songs has a very wuxia type feeling. Teresa Cheung Tak Lan did great singing them.

ROCH95's themesong felt mystical and far away (not in this world) type feeling.

But I still think both adaptations are awesome on their own. There is no point in comparing.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Both ROCH85 and ROCH95 themesong give be different sense of love feeling.
    ROCH85 themesong give a feeling of deep and neverending love while the ROCH95 themesong give a feeling of strong and intense love. Both are great themesongs.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

It doesn't matter what the themesong is, I think 95 kicks.

Originally posted by Thai guy
    Personally I am not sure whether Carmen was acted as Young Dragon Girl or Robot in the tomb. She was really wooden and did not convey any feelings. Although XLN has been in the tomb for quite a long time. she is innocent. When she met YG, she felt for him. Obviously, she is supposed to be happy when she is with YG. Carmen did not show this point at all. She used the same face throughout the series. I don't think she can compare with Idy at all. In my opinion, Idy definitely the best XLN so far.
    I think so too.l Carmen is beautiful and eveyrthing, but she wasn't ther best XLN. XLN's character has cold, but yeat under it lies an innocence. Carmen had a sucha stiff face.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07