View Poll Results: Which one do you like better??Why??

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Meteor Garden1

12 32.43%
  • Hana Yori Dango

25 67.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meteor Garden 1 or Hana Yori Dango???

Default Meteor Garden 1 or Hana Yori Dango???

Which one do you prefer??

I liked Meteor Garden better because the acting was better and the actors were much cuter!!!Also because it was alot more interesting!!!
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

MG1 prolly, cos i havent watch Hana Yori.. heard the actors weren't that good looking..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    MG1 prolly, cos i havent watch Hana Yori.. heard the actors weren't that good looking..
    havent watched hana either but i like matsunoto jun n shun oguri...heard it was better than mg...but i hav to see it for myself... but i like zai zai very much n ken too:0

The female lead was better in Hana Yori Dango. She played her character well. Barbie was never a good actress.

Hana Yori Dango...the costumes in MG1 were disgusting...and I thought the lead female was a better actress, too.

hana yori dango was way better.. no offense.. to mg fans... i mean i like them both but hana yori dango was better b/c it was funded better and plus the acting was great and adorable.. and the female lead was better... there is much more talent and energy in hana yori dango... even tho it was short im pretty sure audiences were left wanting more... and yep.. can't wait for hana yori dango 2.... hope it's not a bust like MG2... which left me disappointed.. lol...

this is just my opinion so don't take anything personally lol.. cuz i know there are a lot of MG Fans.... :O)
    currently watching: <3 hana Yori dango season 2
    <3 corner with love
    <3 hana-kimi
    <3 goong S

i would say hana yori dango. the actress was way cuter and the storyline wasn't that dragging. it had all the main points in only 9 episodes. overall, the whole thing was short, simple, and funny/cute.

Meteor Garden 1 and 2 cast had extremely bad and horrible acting skills, how anyone could say MG1's acting is better is wrong. If that is called better acting then a group of farm animals could probably entertain a crowd of audience for hours without end.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Looks - Vic and Jerry look better than the cast in Hana Yori Dango. I thought Matsumoto looked too fair initially (was it my screen or was he really too fair in the earlier episodes?) but I was quite used to him later.
    Winner - MG1

Acting - The two actors who portrayed Akira and Soijiro in HYD didn't have much screen time so I really can't tell if they are good or not. A little disappointed with the actress who played Doumyouji's mother in HYD, I have expected to dislike the character but didn't Other than that, the cast in HYD in general have done a much better job. Matsumoto and Inoue fit the roles of the leading characters. I try not to expect too much from the cast of MG1 since most of them are first-timers in acting and I am glad I have not expected too much.
    Winner - HYD

Plot - HYD is short and sweet. Enough said
    Winner - HYD

Others - I like the fact that the characters in HYD are younger than MG1, it's closer to the original manga. However, F4 in MG1 are much taller than the rest of the characters in the show and that's a plus point for them since that's closer to the manga too.
    Winner - tied

Overall winner - HYD.

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

HYD.

Matsumoto Jun's looks was kinda horrible at first - and i almost didn't watch HYD. but after only the first 1/2 episode - i am HOOKED!!! his and all the other actors potrayed the true hana yori dango of the manga.

compared with MG, HYD shines in practically every aspects except for F4's looks - i know they're suppose to be handsome and tall - but if you overlook it, HYD is juz pure pleasure to watch.

I am a fan of Taiwan's F4 and MG since it came out - but i don't think it's better than HYD.

I've seen quite a few J-dorama adaptations of manga and they're all very good compare with Taiwan's adaptation. Can't wait for HYD 2!
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel1992
    Which one do you prefer??

I liked Meteor Garden better because the acting was better and the actors were much cuter!!!Also because it was alot more interesting!!!
    I liked METEOR GARDEN 1....haven't watch HYD yet.I heard the series is good too and JUN was cute.

Hana Yori Dango - it's an original japanese series.

I haven't seen Hana Yori Dango, but i have heard that the acting is much better and to be honest, i would not consider ever watching it if the acting was not as good as MG1, because it was already pretty bad there. F4 is ok looking, but they couldn't really act, and Barbie's acting was plain terrible- cringe worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    I haven't seen Hana Yori Dango, but i have heard that the acting is much better and to be honest, i would not consider ever watching it if the acting was not as good as MG1, because it was already pretty bad there. F4 is ok looking, but they couldn't really act, and Barbie's acting was plain terrible- cringe worthy.
    You should watch Hana Yori Dango and then you can compare with Meteor Garden. I think the japanese version more brutal than the taiwan one. BTW, Hana Yori Dango 2 is out too but haven't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by spyefox
    You should watch Hana Yori Dango and then you can compare with Meteor Garden. I think the japanese version more brutal than the taiwan one. BTW, Hana Yori Dango 2 is out too but haven't watch it.
    what do you mean by more brutal? As in, more violent, or more emotional?

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    what do you mean by more brutal? As in, more violent, or more emotional?
    I meant more violent esp. when the group F4 were fighting with each other and other with other crooks. I cringed when I saw the part they tortured the main character girl.

Quote Originally Posted by spyefox
    I meant more violent esp. when the group F4 were fighting with each other and other with other crooks. I cringed when I saw the part they tortured the main character girl.
    more violence doesn't worry me so long as the acting is a lot better than in MG.

HYD is the best...watch it over but it doesn't get any boring -er LOL
    Meteor Garden is BOOORRRINNNNGGGG....snoozer too. don't really like the female lead (she thinks alot to herself and expressionless)
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

HYD. I like it. The cast is great. When I first saw the cast in a magazine, I didn't think I would watch it... well, , because I thought they were not cute at all. However, I was curious, and ... I watched ep 01. Then I liked it. They aren't cute, but they acted extremely good. I saw the spirit of HYD manga in it. Although I kind of like Vaness in F4, I vote for HYD.

don't really like the female lead (she thinks alot to herself and expressionless)
    --> Completely agree with you

I've seen both and I like HYD more. MG was dragging alot, eventhough HYD is shorter I find everything about it more romantic. Even though they were both based on the same manga, I find the characters in MG to be different than those in HYD. Tsukasa spent more time in going after Makino and coming up with ways to defend against his mother than Dao Ming Si. In MG 1 they spend more time on getting back together, and it seems like the mom was winning because Shan Cai was indecisive about her love compared to Makino and Dao Ming Si was too fast to accept that she was leaving cause she never really liked him from the start. Tsukasa seems more romantic than Dao Ming Si, and Makino was much more willing to admit whom she loves than Shan Cai.

Overall the acting, setting, how people dressed, F4 looks were much more appealing in HYD than MG. Several people around the web say that MG's F4 are more attractive and my reaction to that is I don't know what to say cause it's really a big SHOCK. It comes down to preference I guess, cause I think HYD's F4 are way cuter and I think MG's F4 can't even compare. It could be I'm a little bias cause when we first see close up of Rui I totally thought he was a bishounen anime character brought to life. The other guys are really cute too especially when they show up at the beginning when Makino was introducing us to them by telling us a little about their family backgrounds and their personal personalities.