Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Barbara Yung (翁美玲)

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    don't confuse fantasy with reality.
    in the real world - there are no dead heroes, only live ones
    That's not true...there are such things are "dead heroes".

Those who die in war are considered heroes in their own countries... firefighters/police officers who die protecting their cities are considered heroes. What about those who willingly give their organs to ppl they love ...knowing they'll die in hope that their love ones will live...

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy
    That's not true...there are such things are "dead heroes".

Those who die in war are considered heroes in their own countries... firefighters/police officers who die protecting their cities are considered heroes. What about those who willingly give their organs to ppl they love ...knowing they'll die in hope that their love ones will live...
    a pity they died trying to become heroes...
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

dats a very strange (and frankly, disrespectful, imo) way to call those ppl who gave their lives to safe/help others...
    those ppl who sacrafice themselves to help others are heroes, i dont think they do it to be recognized. so to say they "died tryin to become heroes" is flat out wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    wats with the suicide talk?

i doubt she would commit suicide. she broke up wit her bf a few months b4 she died.

she just signed up for a film a week or two b4 tat.

ppl with suicidal tendencies tends to takes steps into reorganising their lives so as not to leave loose strands after their death.

those who commit suicide at a moments whim had suffered from sum sort of emotional distraught a short time b4hand.

Barbara didn't really fit into either.

back 2 the actress.

most ppl will remember her by her protrayal of HR but i liked her the most in Chor Lau Heung, mayb cos i think she fits more with Michael Miu.

has anyone seen the film where she was paired off with both Michael and Felix and she was killed by michael in the end?

it was a very sad moment.
    About the suicide-hmm...that makes sense...I'm going to have to rethink this...
    About the movie-what's it called? That sounds interesting...
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    wats with the suicide talk?

i doubt she would commit suicide. she broke up wit her bf a few months b4 she died.

she just signed up for a film a week or two b4 tat.

ppl with suicidal tendencies tends to takes steps into reorganising their lives so as not to leave loose strands after their death.

those who commit suicide at a moments whim had suffered from sum sort of emotional distraught a short time b4hand.

Barbara didn't really fit into either.

back 2 the actress.

most ppl will remember her by her protrayal of HR but i liked her the most in Chor Lau Heung, mayb cos i think she fits more with Michael Miu.

has anyone seen the film where she was paired off with both Michael and Felix and she was killed by michael in the end?

it was a very sad moment.
    I watched LOCH 82 more than a decade ago so I dont remember the actress whod played HR until I recognized Barbara face from this thread. I cant say much about her performance since I dont remember much about it. Though, I do remember that she had a spunky and saucy attitudes that remind me very much of Alyssas portrayal of ZM.

The rumor of suicide is not fictional. Suicide allegation arose from a police testimony report given by Barbaras good friend Stephen Chow Sai-Lung after her death in 1985. He contended that Barbara called him the night before she died and was troubled by her failing relationship with actor Ken Tong. Stephen was concerned about her welfare and went over to her house after they hung up the phone. However, Barbara did not answer the door. When he came back the next day, he smelled gas fumes from her apartment and found her unconscious on the living room floor after he gained access to her apartment through the windows. Stephens testimony allows people to draw conclusions about her death. As Ive stated before, the word suicide will always be linked to her death and tainted her name.
    Last edited by bellamia; 01-04-07 at 11:00 PM.

Net, IMO that was a very disrespectful response, especially considering you are quite an advocate of war. And yes I'm back Still have exams coming up, but the weekend is here, so I've got to de-stress a little and get over my obsession with 999 posts.

I never thought of Barbara as the kind who would commit suicide, but when I was finished watching LOCH 82, I learned there were indeed rumours that she committed suicide. Who knows the truth? Let's just say 不排除.

But I must say, if such a cute girl really committed suicide over a relationship, it would be quite a pity, especially since the guy (no offense to Ken Tong) looks like this...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkcinemagic.com/fr/images/people/header/ken-tong_cb61888ddcad564b81af942a97c942fa.jpg')
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Net, IMO that was a very disrespectful response, especially considering you are quite an advocate of war. And yes I'm back Still have exams coming up, but the weekend is here, so I've got to de-stress a little and get over my obsession with 999 posts.

I never thought of Barbara as the kind who would commit suicide, but when I was finished watching LOCH 82, I learned there were indeed rumours that she committed suicide. Who knows the truth? Let's just say 不排除.

But I must say, if such a cute girl really committed suicide over a relationship, it would be quite a pity, especially since the guy (no offense to Ken Tong) looks like this...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkcinemagic.com/fr/images/people/header/ken-tong_cb61888ddcad564b81af942a97c942fa.jpg')
    OMG, so that's Ken Tong. I remembered him from way back in the days...I feel so old.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    OMG, so that's Ken Tong. I remembered him from way back in the days...I feel so old.
    Yes that's him. I've actually never seen him before, but I assumed if Barbara was that upset about her relationship with him, I might as well google him.

And it turns out he doesn't quite meet my tastes. Not to be shallow, but if Barbara had committed suicide over someone better looking, such as Dylan Guo then I would find it more believable.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Yes that's him. I've actually never seen him before, but I assumed if Barbara was that upset about her relationship with him, I might as well google him.

And it turns out he doesn't quite meet my tastes. Not to be shallow, but if Barbara had committed suicide over someone better looking, such as Dylan Guo then I would find it more believable.
    haha...everyone has different taste, Sparky. I prefer Blue over Dylan.

I don't like Ken even he in a nice character didn't like him at all. Not because Barbara sucide because him but some how his acting is annoy me.

So far I like Michael Miu , Filix WOng with Barabara, she looks so cute with these guy especially Michael Miu.

I think Barbara was cute, but not beautiful. Speculation mode here, now. Supposedly she and Kent had broken up before her death and she was dating other people to make him jealous. Whatever the case, they probably had plenty of misunderstandings that contributed to their relationship problems. It seems to me that Barbara still loved Kent and he cared alot for her given how much he beat himself up after her death beyond just feelings of guilt. Too bad everything culminated in such tragedy.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.wengmeiling.com/hyh/magazine/Hk/ming/mp820P94.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.wengmeiling.com/hyh/magazine/Hk/ming/mp807P93.jpg')

lady zhuge, u mean kent beat himself up after the incident?
    I love the golden 80s period of TVB!!!
    Michael Miu + Barbara Yung = MOST FAV COUPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Xin Zhi Zhu
    lady zhuge, u mean kent beat himself up after the incident?
    Well not literally...I don't think...

He certainly wasn't the same after that, didn't take care of himself and gained alot of weight. I read that recently he lost quite a bit of weight, though.

Thanks for the pix! Yea, no one really knows what really happened to Barbara. I don't understand why everyone thinks that she committed suicide. I personally don't think that she would since I believe she is smarter than that. I also don't think that everyone should keep on blaming Kent because he did not murder her or anything like that... I just hope that everyone will let her rest in peace and leave Kent alone....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    no one really knows what really happened to Barbara. I don't understand why everyone thinks that she committed suicide.
    if no one knows - then you can't rule out suicide either
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

if no one knows - then you can't rule out suicide either
    Nor can you jump to conclusions that she did commit suicide.

I would never blame Ken for her suicide, since it was her decision, unless Ken treated her like trash or something.

If she really did commit suicide, I would lose a certain amount of admiration for Barbara, but from her performances, I would still consider myself a fan of her.

Found this pic of little Barbara while surfing wikipedia...I think she was a very cute little girl.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b4/Photo_yungmeiling_childhood.jpg')

Yea, that's true.... But I still want to say that we should not blame Kent for her death since it's not like he murdered her. IF he did, than that is a different story....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

If she really did commit suicide, I would lose a certain amount of admiration for Barbara
    why? wat does her commiting suicide (not say she did, but hypothetically) change the way u feel about her?

if she really commit suicide for Ken maybe only him know why cause her to do it. beside that It didnt' change anything about my beloved to her, she is always a great actress .