Thread: Did Jin Yong change his mind about Wang Chongyang?

Default Did Jin Yong change his mind about Wang Chongyang?

In honor of Dennis Chen's favorite personality in wuxia, and partially inspired by Ken Cheng's note that Jin Yong hates Quanzhen Sect, I have been pondering if Jin Yong now also wished to devalorize Wang Chongyang's greatness, and I will give you my reasons based on TWO changes in third editions of Jin Yong novels:

1) in ROCH 3rd edition, Jin Yong added a note saying that in the end, Lin Chaoying edged out Wang Chongyang. This makes Wang appear weaker than before.

2) in HSDS 3rd edition, Jin Yong made Wang Chongyang give out the content of 9 Yin manual after losing a wine bet (or something similar). This makes Wang seem more reckless than before.

What do you think? Is it Jin Yong's intention to smear Wang Chongyang's image?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    In honor of Dennis Chen's favorite personality in wuxia, and partially inspired by Ken Cheng's note that Jin Yong hates Quanzhen Sect, I have been pondering if Jin Yong now also wished to devalorize Wang Chongyang's greatness, and I will give you my reasons based on TWO changes in third editions of Jin Yong novels:

1) in ROCH 3rd edition, Jin Yong added a note saying that in the end, Lin Chaoying edged out Wang Chongyang. This makes Wang appear weaker than before.

2) in HSDS 3rd edition, Jin Yong made Wang Chongyang give out the content of 9 Yin manual after losing a wine bet (or something similar). This makes Wang seem more reckless than before.

What do you think? Is it Jin Yong's intention to smear Wang Chongyang's image?
    Sure did.
    This is the guy that says Zhang Yimou messed up the personality of Qin Emperor making him seem noble blah blah...
    But look at his novels, it messes with more history than Zhang does.
    E.g. The mongols and how genghis dies 10 years early and how YG kills that dude.
    Also Kangxi, Qianlong etc.
    Hypecritical