Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How do you become a Moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Sounds like volunteering to be dead for 10 minutes and sending messages from the afterlife. ooooo Message from the dead. Hahaha...scary..
    It's all in the name of science and technology.

You've got about four minutes left, gugu1995. Please finish up whatever functions you haven't tested yet.

OK, gugu1995, your test ban has been lifted. What kind of results did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    OK, gugu1995, your test ban has been lifted. What kind of results did you get?

I couldn't even get into the forum with my username! I would get to the front page of spcnet.tv and click on forum and it'll take me to a page like this one.

GuGu1995, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I tried clicking on the User CP on the dropdown button, but it didn't work. It took me nowhere. All I got was that 'you do not have permission' page. So I logged off my username and came back to the forum. At least I knew it wasn't an IP ban. If it was I wouldn't be able to get in at all.

To conclude, strife_au cannot PM anyone using his username. He can't even get in to the forum under his name
    Last edited by GuGu; 01-14-07 at 07:26 PM.

Sounds like volunteering to be dead for 10 minutes and sending messages from the afterlife. ooooo Message from the dead. Hahaha...scary..

It WAS like I was dead, I guess. I tried and tried to come back to message one of you, but I was stopped by that 'you do not have permission' page. It was scary
    Yeah, I think Ken has always wanted to ban me, so I thought I would fulfill that dream of his.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    I couldn't even get into the forum with my username! I would get to the front page of spcnet.tv and click on forum and it'll take me to a page like this one.

I tried clicking on the User CP on the dropdown button, but it didn't work. It took me nowhere. All I got was that 'you do not have permission' page. So I logged off my username and came back to the forum. At least I knew it wasn't an IP ban. If it was I wouldn't be able to get in at all.

To conclude, strife_au cannot PM anyone using his username. He can't even get in to the forum under his name
    awwww....Gu, sweatheart...it's okay now. Stop crying dear, everything is alright as i am here for u.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    awwww....Gu, sweatheart...it's okay now. Stop crying dear, everything is alright as i am here for u.

you got me pregnant! i'm already having morning sickness!

Got me thinking though, I should sign up for another username as a back up

you got me pregnant! i'm already having morning sickness!
    u're making me hurled. don't scare a person like that.

anyway, they're not going to ban u unless u screwed up. even if u ask to be banned, they still won't do it.

Hmm...where is SC now? She seem to have disappeared sometime after New Years.

Who kidnapped SC? Where are you hiding SC?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Hmm...where is SC now? She seem to have disappeared sometime after New Years.

Who kidnapped SC? Where are you hiding SC?
    who's SC?

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    who's SC?
    Spcnet our admin.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Spcnet our admin.
    no worries...SC has not been kidnapped. she's still around as i've just recently heard from her.

Hey GuGu, thanks for testing out the ban to answer my question
    I was thinking that if I was ever banned, I could just PM Net half the time, since I've found that in the past he enjoys posting my PMs, mistakening the "private" part for "public."

No one would ever ban you...plus, it'd break poor bellamia's heart! (I thought it was Yeung Gor's, but apparently you and bella have something going on now...bellamia got you PREGNANT?)

Oh yes GuGu, since you are pregnant, Doctor Sparky would like to make sure that you are taking your prenatal vitamins, with lots of folic acid.

lol I thought you couldn't sign up for >1 username...I remember someone saying that. Oh well, if you really want to, then just don't tell anyone about it
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

(Don't worry, Suet Sueng, I'm still here, usually during the weekends.)

When I was picking moderators in the past, it was mostly just based on an overall impression of how I felt about the member's posts and maturity level. One of the requirements was that you needed at least 200 posts so that I could have something significant to make a judgement on (so newbies, don't even bother PM'ing me about it). Currently though, I don't see any need for extra moderators since I like to keep the forum as informal as possible. In an ideal scenario, moderators are no different than other members, except that they have extra administrative responsibilities to keep the forum threads in order. It actually causes us a lot of stress when we have to deal with a member who's out to cause trouble or just can't respect the forum rules because bans are never fun to deal out.

I think some members are being overly critical about moderators just because they represent a form of authority or jumping on the bandwagon of bashing moderators for no apparent reason at times. It's rather discouraging to hear that kind of talk and it doesn't benefit anyone. Show us some love (none of that fake kind please)!
    -SC

FYI, please don't sign up for multiple accounts - it violates our forum rules.
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet
    FYI, please don't sign up for multiple accounts - it violates our forum rules.

Okay, ma'am I will be a good member. I'll not to break any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Sparky?
    Hey GuGu, thanks for testing out the ban to answer my question
    I was thinking that if I was ever banned, I could just PM Net half the time, since I've found that in the past he enjoys posting my PMs, mistakening the "private" part for "public."

No one would ever ban you...plus, it'd break poor bellamia's heart! (I thought it was Yeung Gor's, but apparently you and bella have something going on now...bellamia got you PREGNANT?)

Oh yes GuGu, since you are pregnant, Doctor Sparky would like to make sure that you are taking your prenatal vitamins, with lots of folic acid.
    No problem doc. I'm willing to test out anything for you LOL, Net posts your PMs? How rude As long as I'm good, I know I won't get banned. I'm not so sure about Bellamia's heart breaking, she might jump in joy instead Wow, didn't know that you're a doctor!

It WAS like I was dead, I guess. I tried and tried to come back to message one of you, but I was stopped by that 'you do not have permission' page. It was scary
    Yeah, I think Ken has always wanted to ban me, so I thought I would fulfill that dream of his.
    did you get the avatar from getting banned or did you just put it on... just curious.. hehe..
    "Deep South.."
    "when you rush you miss the important things when you take your time you find new paths"
    "Beware the fury of a patient man."

Quote Originally Posted by maki_hitsugaya
    did you get the avatar from getting banned or did you just put it on... just curious.. hehe..

i got that from a friend... a special friend... if you're banned it will appear right under your name. where your 'senior member' is right now.

i got that from a friend... a special friend... if you're banned it will appear right under your name. where your 'senior member' is right now.
    cool... its like a detention id..
    "Deep South.."
    "when you rush you miss the important things when you take your time you find new paths"

i have this question.. what does it feel like to be a moderator??
    "Deep South.."