Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

^Mother sounds quite good. I'll have to check it out.

I'm watching Shinzanmono. I like it so far, but it does have the potential to be very formulaic (i.e., rule out one suspect per episode). I always love watching Abe Hiroshi's facial expressions, though. I also plan to watch Sunao ni Narenakute and Rinjo 2 from this season.

Having recently finished Keitai Deka Zenigata Mai, I'm now watching Rai. The murder mysteries are light with very cheesy humor, but for some reason I enjoy them. The short length of each episode doesn't hurt either.

I'm watching Sunao ni Narenakute now. I'm just so impressed by the Japanese scriptwriters. They're so original in their way of creating stories. It's like they take something simple as people and twitter and then put a twist into the story that has these people with terrible, dark secrets that they can't exactly share with anyone except these 5 people. They're all link through a common bond. I like it. I'm going to watch more. And I love the fact that Eita and Ueno Juri are in a drama together again! Juri looks so different each time I see her.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm finding Sunao ni Narenakute full of cliche scenarios thus far. Girl and guy who will later fall in love have a negative first encounter. Girl gets injured and is offered a piggyback ride by guy. Love triangles - check. Drama stemming from extramarital affairs - check. One potentially very disturbing aspect is the possibility that
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Nakaji and Haru are half siblings.
    Doctor and Haru just don't match - he's prettier than her [and most other females].

The first episode of Mother had me in angry tears! I could not believe how Rena's mother reacted
    after catching her deadbeat boyfriend sexually abusing her daughter. Instead of kicking him to the curb, she takes it out on Rena and leaves her in a garbage bag!?! OMFG. "Mothers" like her make a strong case for selective sterilization. And I don't even wanna know what happened to poor Suzu.
    I'm very impressed with Ashida Mana's acting. She's already a natural at the age of...not even 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    The first episode of Mother had me in angry tears! I could not believe how Rena's mother reacted
    after catching her deadbeat boyfriend sexually abusing her daughter. Instead of kicking him to the curb, she takes it out on Rena and leaves her in a garbage bag!?! OMFG. "Mothers" like her make a strong case for selective sterilization. And I don't even wanna know what happened to poor Suzu.
    I'm very impressed with Ashida Mana's acting. She's already a natural at the age of...not even 6.
    Yes! I was aghast. I'm sure she felt a mixture of relief and anxiety when Rena disappeared. How much of a mother is she when she neglects and turns a blind eye to so many things that are going on.

I dropped Sunao ni Narenakute. There are quite a few dramas to keep me distracted this season and Sunao just didn't click for me. Rinjo is reliably good, Mother is heart-wrenching and soulful (I suppose it will have many emotional moments along the way and I wonder what will happen to Rena at the end ... they can't run forever), Shinzanmono, well, it's nice seeing Abe Hiroshi again but the other main characters are just bland, Pandora 2 feels too similar to Pandora to tell from the first episode whether it can stand out from the first season.

just finished watching "Orthros no Inu" starring Hideaki Takizawa, Ryo Nishikido and Asami Mizukawa. Tackey has God hand that can heal any wound or illness at just a touch, Ryo has the Devil hand that can instantly kill at just a touch.

Also finished watching Mr. Brain starring Takuya Kimura. Its quite good actually!!!! too short for my liking. Wish they filmed more episodes!
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

oh, has anyone else here also watched Atashinchi no Danshi? hehe, maybe I'm biased since I'm a Maki Horikita fan, but I really loved it! Too bad that the ending hinted at a Chisato (Maki's character) - Sho (played by Osamu Mukai) pairing, I was really rooting for Satoru (played by the adorable Seto Koji - this guy's growing on me ever since watching this show plus Otomen), he was soo adorable when he gets jealous when Chisato gets close to the other brothers!

anyway, has anyone here watched the live action adaptation of Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge? Is it good?

OT: which anime do you think should get a live action adaptation? Personally I am rooting for Ouran High School Host Club. I really love this anime and I would hope they do a good job should they decide to do a live action adaptation of it. any other animes in mind guys?

I saw Atashinchi, alot of ikimen :wub: Horikiti acting is the same as Ikemen Paradise for me. I like Sho in here

I haven't see Yamato Nadeshiko yet, I'll see how I go.

I would like to see Fruits Basket become dorama, but I'm afraid I will be disappointed with the choice of the actors/actresses. Also I want the story to cover from begining till the end, which will be difficult considering the length of the manga. Even the anime doesn't cover all of story in the manga. Also the CG will be probably hard when the guys turn to animal.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I saw Atashinchi, alot of ikimen :wub: Horikiti acting is the same as Ikemen Paradise for me. I like Sho in here

I haven't see Yamato Nadeshiko yet, I'll see how I go.

I would like to see Fruits Basket become dorama, but I'm afraid I will be disappointed with the choice of the actors/actresses. Also I want the story to cover from begining till the end, which will be difficult considering the length of the manga. Even the anime doesn't cover all of story in the manga. Also the CG will be probably hard when the guys turn to animal.
    ahahaha! I rooted for Seto Koji a lot while watching Atashinchi.. can't help it, he's just soo kawaii!!!!

awww, I would also love for Fruits Basket to be adapted to dorama, however I would like for it to be similar to the anime rather than the manga. The ending of the manga is just too painful for me!!! For those here who haven't read the manga, stop right here!

I prefer Tohru to end up with Yuki rather than Kyo. I had a huge, as in HUGE crush on Yuki way back when I was still in my Fruits Basket phase. The ending of the manga really came as a disappointment to me!

Anyway, right now I'm currently watching Meitante no Okite starring Sho Matsuda (another crush of mine. ) and Yu Kashii. Its a fun detective story and Im really enjoying it.

Anyone here already watched the first episode of Tsuki no Koibito already? Man, what a power cast! It stars Takuya Kimura, Sho Matsuda, Lin Chi Ling and Keiko Kitagawa (Sailor Mars! ). Whats it like?

I recently finished Meichan no Shitsuji. Rihito is a perfect male speciemen isn't he? lol..but seriously, hiro is perfect here...very dreamy eyes he has.

Currently watching Kaibutsu Kun, I am enjoying the relationship between Kaibutsu kun and his sidekicks...they are very cute...epi 1 is good and epi 4 was fantastic...Ohno really is the best actor among Arashi..even a notch better than Nino..his crying scene in episode 4 was just heart-breaking...I cried pretty badly in a long while.

here a fan video of the drama for anyone whose interested to check it out too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uRtVn65nU0

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I recently finished Meichan no Shitsuji. Rihito is a perfect male speciemen isn't he? lol..but seriously, hiro is perfect here...very dreamy eyes he has.

I finished watching Meichan too!!! I love Rihito... he's so dreamy... I started having a crush on him waay back in Hana Kimi, he's just so gorgeous! And his role here in Meichan as a butler really suits him well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_shiny View Post
    I finished watching Meichan too!!! I love Rihito... he's so dreamy... I started having a crush on him waay back in Hana Kimi, he's just so gorgeous! And his role here in Meichan as a butler really suits him well.
    Hiro is really fortunate to get this role because its much more likely to be an appeal winner than the hana kimi role. Even his voice stood out in mei-chan, I really like his voice, it has a very gentle touch touch to it and it sounds really nice.

I'm watching Yamato Nadeshiko at the moment, but not the latest one. I'm watching the 2000 jdorama with Matsushima Nanako and Tsutsumi Shinichi. I quite like it, abit cheesy but feel good hehehehee...

Also currently watching Tsuki no Koibito and can't say I like LCL character, but Keiko Kitagawa it's really suits her character! Dunno if I'm going to like the story or not later. Episode 1 is ok, I get excited in the middle but the end is too cheesy for my taste.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I just completed Orthos no inu. I personally enjoyed it. Simple drama but
    It's interesting and make me want to keep watching.
    Decent acting too. Did anyone else give this a shot??

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I just completed Orthos no inu. I personally enjoyed it. Simple drama but
    It's interesting and make me want to keep watching.
    Decent acting too. Did anyone else give this a shot??
    I saw it last year. The premise was interesting, but the ending was a cop-out.

I saw it last year. The premise was interesting, but the ending was a cop-out.
    You mean you were disappointed with the outcome?

I am currently watching Sunao ni narenakute, quite like it. I just feel a bit sad that in reality we do feel the same as these character, feel lonely in the middle of the crowds. I hope it will not develop too cheesy or to rough (such as suicide and abortion theme)
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I am currently watching Sunao ni narenakute, quite like it. I just feel a bit sad that in reality we do feel the same as these character, feel lonely in the middle of the crowds. I hope it will not develop too cheesy or to rough (such as suicide and abortion theme)
    I think it's trying to tackle too many issues - hope the writers didn't bite off more than they can chew.

I've started watching Tsuki no Koibito. So far it's nothing special and seems to be going down a familiar, predictable route. The music is very nice, though - reminds me of something from a Korean romance drama. I can't understand Shota's Chinese at all and he's supposed to serve as a Chinese translator?

I also want to try Dosokai.

I also want to try Dosokai.

ah totally forgot to mention here that my current no1 dorama is Dosokai. It's very soap opera! hahahahaa.. I mean since the story is around 45 y.o schoolmates that meet again in their school reunion and thing start to develop from there it's give me soap-opera like feeling. Similar to Arafo but this one is for family situation.

I have to say I got drawn by the story and feeling that involved in it.

I dunno, I tend to relate the story in drama with my own feeling and experience, and from there I 'feel' whether I like the dorama or not. Tsuki no Koibito is too airy fairy for me, as Dosokai and Sunao is more realistis. Perhaps at them moment I'm into grown up story, real problem not really into romance or manga-ish like story not sure. But I find Shiroi Kyoto is too heavy for my taste, too dark. Fumo Chitai is more bearable.

Zettai Reido is ok too, I like most cast except Aya Ueto, which is ironic because she's the main lead at least she's less silly in here.
    Last edited by eeyore; 05-24-10 at 12:14 AM.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Just finished watching Galileo. It was quite good!
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Shinsanmono, surprisingly good. Not because of Abe or Meisa, but the story. It's like Ryuusei without Johnny's I really enjoy it. More than Zettai Reido.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.