Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

I'm watching Shinzanmono. Abe Hiroshi, Mukai Osamu, and a guest appearance of Tanihara Shosuke and Hayami Mokomichi. Definitely interesting guest list. Shinzanmono is really cool. It's so tearjerky when we find out the truth of each of the secrets people have. It's so funny when Kaga gets in like for the fish pastery but never seem to get it. Does he ever get any? And he's so good at appearing randomly and watching people...kind of creepy..reminds me somehow of Trick.

I recently watched Kimi Ni Todoke (live action) movie too. I like Miura Haruma too. And right after I watched this J-movie called Ballad...it was good. I liked the time-traveling to ancient Japan and the little boy and his father learning to be courageous.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I just started on Chase.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I just started on Chase.
    I'd watched this awhile back,its worth watching.Interesting storyline within 5 eps you sure learn about the loopholes within the system.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Just started Antique, seems quite interesting, although Shiina Kippei's hairstyle sucks. He was more suave as Kuga-san, but he cracks me up as Tachibana.

But Fujiki
    Last edited by junny; 04-18-11 at 06:27 PM.
    玉木宏

blog

Antique was hilarious, loved the guys.

Now watching JIN season 1.
    玉木宏

blog

This season so far I only watched Boss 2. Honestly I only watch it because of Takenouchi the story is ok, and Amami Yuki acting as her usual character. No more Toda, but we got Narumi Riko and Hasegawa Kyoko as her replacement. I don't have much hope on the story apart from the eye candy

I still waiting for Jin 2 for more episodes before I start watching it.

Ah, I saw Propose Kyodai, which can be good if you into chick flicks. I feel like reading shoujo manga as I watching this drama.

As for JMovie, I've been watching Ooku, have not say I don't like the BL part, but can't help it since it part of the story. I've watched Tajomaru, which I find not as interesting as I thought. I saw Flowers with the Tsubaki ladies, it's heart warming. Also SP the Movie - Yabou Hen despite lack of japanese understanding but I totally enjoyed the action pack! If this movie does go to Hollywood re-make, I hope they will not destroyed as bad as they did with the Departed (Infernal Affair). But I'm sure they will ruin it
    Last edited by eeyore; 04-27-11 at 08:34 PM.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I enjoyed Chase - ARATA stole the show. Now I'm watching Boss 2, Jin 2, and Marks no Yama.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I finally finished Chase too last week and you are right ARATA is really good in here.

I saw Sayonara Bokutachi no Youchien few nights ago with Ashida Mana, is really good, tearjearker hehehehee.. Mana has alot of potential, I'm looking forward for her works. I think she has a current drama at the moment as a lead, I haven't try to see that one yet.

Aoi Yuu is really good in Raiou, very different from her normal role. I think she's really good chosing her role that has a lot of variation.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Has anyone see Hotaru no Hikari 2? Is it good? I heard the plot wasn't much.

I've been rewatching Love Revolution lately. Suga-san
    玉木宏

blog

I don't like Hotaru no Hikari 2... I still have one last episode to watch but never has the will power to do it, and while watching the other episodes I was multitasking hehehehheee... I'm not sure if it answer your question

I start to see Marumo no Okite last night, with Abe Sadao and Ashida Mana, I probably will continue watching this since I'm so addictive with Mana-chan's cuteness..
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I don't like Hotaru no Hikari 2... I still have one last episode to watch but never has the will power to do it, and while watching the other episodes I was multitasking hehehehheee... I'm not sure if it answer your question
    Heh thanks anyway I managed to finish Hotaru no Hikaru 2, kept going because of Fujiki Naohito. That man is so fine I like that Takano was more expressive about his feelings in season 2, he was so adorable when he smiled. I know a lot of people like Seno, but I found him quite annoying and presumptuous. But at least he's better than Teshima from season 1 - boy, that dude was stiff and couldn't act at all.
    玉木宏

blog

I enjoyed Chase - ARATA stole the show. Now I'm watching Boss 2, Jin 2, and Marks no Yama.
    Chase was definitely an interesting series to watch.There was a few I had finished,but didn't bother to post on here at the moment.Takes alot of time to sort them all out.Also,recently finished Ogon no Buta about the auditing tax bureau:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ogon_no_Buta.It was nicely done,it gives you the sense of what's you sense of justice? attitude.

I'm currently watching Harukanaru Kizuna RAW;http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Harukanaru_Kizuna.This is well done aired by NHK also,its a rarity being talked about in Asian history between China and Japan during WWII talking about a Chinese family raised a Japanese boy into their homes.Luckily,there is some Chinese Mandarin/Japanese dual dialogue.The facial expressions done by the actors does help get the message across.I do higly recommended.

There was another called:99 no ai Japanese about the life of the first generation of Japanese struggles to get a declaration of being an American citizen during the 1920's.Just some recommended tv series.

BTW,I am awaiting for Jin season 2 to be finished. So I can watched it later and I am happy Heiwa fansubs are doing the subs so quickly,so the fans can enjoy it.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 05-19-11 at 06:51 PM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

I finished School!! and Gyne yesterday. School!! is ok, I more interested on the story of Hara-san the bully girl turn to be victim of DV.

As for Gybe, it's very good and sad at some times, but I feel like slap Hiragi with her attitude.

next maybe Jin2.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Started Galcir. Completely silly and funny, Fujiki Naohito is a riot as Shinnosuke. Love the girl who played Momo, and Sato Ryuta, the patrolman.
    玉木宏

blog

I just finished Jin season 2 and its awesome.It makes you and wants to keep watching because of each others storylines awaiting and the end of the show.I hope anyone else on the forum watching it hope you enjoy it.

I just finished Nagareboshi and its a very good jdrama.I like how they tactial on controversial topics for the main theme.What is considered right or wrong?Well done by Aya Ueto as Risa and Takenouchi Yutaka as Okada Kengo they both do have some good chemistry.The ending was alittle hard to tie in a nice knot,but its kind of easy to figure out what would be the ending would be.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 07-19-11 at 01:38 PM.

I finished JIN 2 few days ago. It's good, good acting, story and ending. I actually like Ayase Haruka as Saki-san in here.

Yeah, Nagareboshi is one my fave list of 9getsu too, Takenouchi was charming

Finished Boss 2 too and it was ok, I think the climax for Boss 1 was much better.

But the best of last season for me is Marumo no Okite, Mana-chan and Fuku-kun were totally got me, they super duper kawaii!

For this season I think I like Zenkai Girl, dunno about other series.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I haven't watched anything Japanese since March or April, neither jdorama or anime. Which of the dramas above should I start first? I guess I have to finish watching Jin 1 to watch Jin 2.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I haven't watched anything Japanese since March or April, neither jdorama or anime. Which of the dramas above should I start first? I guess I have to finish watching Jin 1 to watch Jin 2.
    Yes, JIN need to be watch in order, it makes more sense and add up to the suspense (in a way).

Can I suggest an anime? Borrower Arrietty will be a good start, Ghibli details just awesome. I'm looking forward to see their latest work, Kokurikozaka Kara, just release in the cinema last week.

As for drama, hm, maybe Marumo no Okite will be good.

Recent movie I saw is Gantz (jap subs, not eng-dub) and The Chef of South Pole with Sakai Masato.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

From this season's dramas, I've only been watching Bull Doctor, but frankly, it sucks. I may drop it and try Detective Conan and Zenkai Girl.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

From this season's dramas, I've only been watching Bull Doctor, but frankly, it sucks.
    Is it because of the acting or story, or both?
    玉木宏

blog