Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

Started Sengyou Shufu Tantei and Mitsu no Aji. So far okay for both. Gaiji Keisatsu was awesome, I recommend it to anyone looking for a different kind of police drama.

How is Nankyoku Tairiku? I heard the first episode was really cheesy. Does it get better?
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    How is Nankyoku Tairiku? I heard the first episode was really cheesy. Does it get better?
    ah, so I wasn't the only one feel that this drama is abit cheesy :sweat: I dunno if it's get better, but than, if this is the real history, can't help it. I was impressed when they show some historical character that now has big names/company has helped the expedition. I'm not a fan of narrated drama (feel like NHK) but as the story goes is, I sort of bear with it. Although I think Kimutake suits this role better than his last 9 Getsu drama.

I'm putting off Mitsu no Aji for now since I'm a bit depressed watching Soredemo, Ikite yuku but totally enjoy Kaseifu no Mita. I'm glad there's alot of drama I like to follow this season. Less mangaish, cross dresser and teenager drama
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I'm watching Sengyoshufu Tantei (Fukada Kyoko, Fujiki Naohito, Kiritani Kenta...) and Nankyoku Tairiku

Quote Originally Posted by Samanova View Post
    I'm watching Sengyoshufu Tantei (Fukada Kyoko, Fujiki Naohito, Kiritani Kenta...) and Nankyoku Tairiku
    I'm watching Sengyoshufu Tantei too,this drama has interesting plot and Kyoko Fukada is still very beautiful and cute

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m556/Nikola3m/KYOKO%20DEP/tumblr_ltz79c8KjS1qdbvth.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    ah, so I wasn't the only one feel that this drama is abit cheesy :sweat: I dunno if it's get better, but than, if this is the real history, can't help it. I was impressed when they show some historical character that now has big names/company has helped the expedition. I'm not a fan of narrated drama (feel like NHK) but as the story goes is, I sort of bear with it. Although I think Kimutake suits this role better than his last 9 Getsu drama.

I'm putting off Mitsu no Aji for now since I'm a bit depressed watching Soredemo, Ikite yuku but totally enjoy Kaseifu no Mita. I'm glad there's alot of drama I like to follow this season. Less mangaish, cross dresser and teenager drama
    I'll pass for Nankyoku Tairiku. Somehow I'm not in the mood for a Kimutaku drama these days, especially one of those "inspire your country" kind of stories. For such a big-budget drama, couldn't they have gone with a more exciting storyline? Mehhh.

Kaseifu no Mita is really interesting, I'm following it too. So nice to see Matsushima Nanako back on screen. Your guess as to what the deal with Mita is? I don't like the eldest girl and the aunt though, they're so annoying.

Also, trying out Bitter Sugar, first two episodes pretty okay. Dropped Mitsu no Aji, Kanno Miho is wasted in this drama, I can't stand Eikura Nana and don't want to watch a bleh Arata either. Gonna stick with Sengyou Shufu Tantei just for Fujiki
    Last edited by junny; 11-06-11 at 07:15 AM.
    玉木宏

blog

I like Nankyoku Tairiku so far. It does feel a little over the top at times, as if they're headed into war instead of Antarctica, but otherwise the show hasn't disappointed. KimuTa-who? The dogs are the true stars.

I don't know what I think of Kaseifu no Mita so far except that it's weird. I think I'm continuing to watch it more out of curiosity than finding it to be a good show. Hasegawa Hiroki is a miscast as the father. I also find it hard to believe that the dad feels suffocated by children and yet he agreed to have 4 of them? Really now. And yeah, I agree that the aunt is super annoying. I think Mita is a zombie.

HUNTER is a waste of time - would definitely not recommend it.

Surprisingly, I'm enjoying Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato de and Sengyou Shufu Tantei, 2 decent light-hearted comedy/mystery dramas.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 11-06-11 at 01:38 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

How's Nankyoku Tairiku progressing, Lady Zhuge? Is it still over the top?

I started Soratobu Taiya and am really liking it. Love seeing Nakamura Toru back on screen again Still sticking with Sengyou Shufu Tantei, which is pretty enjoyable despite Fukada Kyoko's annoying voice, and also Bitter Sugar and Kaseifu no Mita. I think Mita sold her soul to the devil to atone for her kiddo's death.
    玉木宏

blog

How's Nankyoku Tairiku progressing, Lady Zhuge? Is it still over the top?
    The show is now in its most heart-wrenching part. It's been difficult for me to watch because I keep thinking about my own dogs and if they were left behind in such a helpless state, it would kill me. But at the same time, I understand the crew's predicament with the unpredictable weather and other unforeseen issues. The ratings are bewildering - I don't understand why they keep dropping (other than the peak for episode 6) for such a big budget, star-studded drama that's actually worth watching.

I started Soratobu Taiya and am really liking it. Love seeing Nakamura Toru back on screen again
    I saw this awhile back and found it very interesting. Nakamura Toru gave such a passionate performance.

I recently finished watching Last Money, a thought-provoking drama about life insurance. I watched the first episode of Gaiji Keisatsu, but didn't really get into it. Hopefully it gets better.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by junny
    Started Slow Dance again. Six episodes in and liking it. Fujiki Naohito and Tsumabuki Satoshi as brothers =
    No matter how many times I watch this show, I can't stop that nagging doubt in the back of my head that says that Reach is Eisuke's illicit brother from another mother. These two look nothing alike!

I actually didn't start crushing on Tsumabuki until I saw him here. I remembered watcing Orange Days but wasn't really impressed. I guess it's the good dialogue in Slow Dance that gently let him in. Some of it's pretty cheesy, but when Reach shyly says these cheesy lines to Isaki-san (Eri Fukatsu), he makes it works. The same goes for Eri Fukatsu.

Ahh, anyway I love this show too much. I first saw this pair in Kabachitare! (2001). Did the director see that show and think, "Hey! These two look good together in the odd-coupley-kind of way?" Because that's how I felt about them, even though he was paired up w/ Tokiwa Takako instead.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that likes this show.
    Last edited by Hobak Girl; 11-30-11 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobak Girl View Post
    Ahh, anyway I love this show too much. I first saw this pair in Kabachitare! (2001). Did the director see that show and think, "Hey! These two look good together in the odd-coupley-kind of way?" Because that's how I felt about them, even though he was paired up w/ Tokiwa Takako instead.

Actually Slow Dance is one of the drama that I like to re-watch every 2-3 years love their chemistry. I also like the idea of younger man - older woman

I haven't watch Nankyoku since episode 1, I'm waiting for it to finish before I start again. I'm loving Boku to Star, especially Nishijima Hidetoshi I'm glad he make a comeback as a lead. Looking forward for him and Takeuchi Yuko in the up coming Strawberry Night. Kaseifu no Mita is getting intense, but I'm glad the family getting better so far, now only Mita's past mistery that left, Nanako is great here! Has anyone watched her old drama Sweet Season with Shiina Kippei? look interesting.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I like Nankyoku Tairiku so far. It does feel a little over the top at times, as if they're headed into war instead of Antarctica, but otherwise the show hasn't disappointed. KimuTa-who? The dogs are the true stars.

I don't know what I think of Kaseifu no Mita so far except that it's weird. I think I'm continuing to watch it more out of curiosity than finding it to be a good show. Hasegawa Hiroki is a miscast as the father. I also find it hard to believe that the dad feels suffocated by children and yet he agreed to have 4 of them? Really now. And yeah, I agree that the aunt is super annoying. I think Mita is a zombie.

HUNTER is a waste of time - would definitely not recommend it.

Surprisingly, I'm enjoying Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato de and Sengyou Shufu Tantei, 2 decent light-hearted comedy/mystery dramas.
    Do you mean HUNTER Sono Onnatachi Shoukin Kasegi? Watched ep 1 and saw that Tanihara Shosuke traded in his clean-cut, princely looks for a more weather-beaten, unshaven cop look. I might consider dropping this series after this.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Do you mean HUNTER Sono Onnatachi Shoukin Kasegi? Watched ep 1 and saw that Tanihara Shosuke traded in his clean-cut, princely looks for a more weather-beaten, unshaven cop look. I might consider dropping this series after this.
    Yeah, that's the one. Tanihara-san should opt for better roles.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Hobak Girl View Post
    No matter how many times I watch this show, I can't stop that nagging doubt in the back of my head that says that Reach is Eisuke's illicit brother from another mother. These two look nothing alike!

I actually didn't start crushing on Tsumabuki until I saw him here. I remembered watcing Orange Days but wasn't really impressed. I guess it's the good dialogue in Slow Dance that gently let him in. Some of it's pretty cheesy, but when Reach shyly says these cheesy lines to Isaki-san (Eri Fukatsu), he makes it works. The same goes for Eri Fukatsu.

Haha, the important thing is that both Fujiki and Tsumabuki are hotties It took me a while to warm up to Slow Dance because of Hirosue Ryoko. Her character was a big fat fail and totally did not deserve Eisuke. I wouldn't have minded an Eisuke-Isaki pairing too, even with Riichi in the picture. That's how much I detest Mino.

Fukatsu Eri is a wonderful actress and she's got chemistry with most of her leading men. I love the little beats with Eisuke and Isaki at his bar.

The show is now in its most heart-wrenching part. It's been difficult for me to watch because I keep thinking about my own dogs and if they were left behind in such a helpless state, it would kill me. But at the same time, I understand the crew's predicament with the unpredictable weather and other unforeseen issues. The ratings are bewildering - I don't understand why they keep dropping (other than the peak for episode 6) for such a big budget, star-studded drama that's actually worth watching.
    Does it get better? I'm not in the mood for a drama of this kind, but the yoyo-ing ratings have been quite fascinating to track. Is it because of some uneven quality in acting/storytelling, or perhaps the viewers are not always keen on watching something so heavy on a Sunday night?

Oh and is there a romance going on between Kimutaku and Ayase Haruka's characters?

I saw this awhile back and found it very interesting. Nakamura Toru gave such a passionate performance.

I recently finished watching Last Money, a thought-provoking drama about life insurance. I watched the first episode of Gaiji Keisatsu, but didn't really get into it. Hopefully it gets better.
    Yeah, I really felt for Akamatsu and rooted for him the whole way through. Five episodes was just the right length, more and the story would be meh, I think. The other cast members did a marvellous job as well, it was a real pleasure to be watching such strong acting for all involved.

As for Gaiji Keisatsu, the middle episodes do get better. I almost couldn't recognise Ishida Yuriko - then again, I remembered her as the flighty Fuyumi in Over Time, and her role in Gaiji Keisatsu was so different.

Kaseifu no Mita is getting intense, but I'm glad the family getting better so far, now only Mita's past mistery that left, Nanako is great here! Has anyone watched her old drama Sweet Season with Shiina Kippei? look interesting.
    I think Nanako is really the only one holding up Kaseifu no Mita, the kids just don't cut it for me, and the dad and Urara are so meh. Every week it's a round of "let's get Mita to do something ridiculous" even though everyone knows by now that Mita will do it if it is within her ability. It's like these people don't learn.

Didn't know she did a drama with Shiina Kippei! Now I have to hunt for it... hopefully it has subtitles.

I'm persevering with Sengyou Shufu Tantei - it's surprisingly watchable and has a good plot. The acting is all right if you ignore Fukada Kyoko's screechy voice. She's not a great actress but she's passable in this one. Fujiki's doing all right, but really needs a better hairstyle. Kiritani Kenta is better when he's being loud-mouthed and rude, not so much the brooding lover type. More exciting to watch is the anticipated showdown between Kohinata Fumiyo and Endo Kenichi's characters.
    玉木宏

blog

Does it get better? I'm not in the mood for a drama of this kind, but the yoyo-ing ratings have been quite fascinating to track. Is it because of some uneven quality in acting/storytelling, or perhaps the viewers are not always keen on watching something so heavy on a Sunday night?
    It's been a quality drama from beginning to end, but the subject isn't not for everyone. I don't think I can ever watch it again, at least not the parts when
    click to show/hide spoilers
    the dogs die. Somehow I wish at least Riku made it back home safely and could reunite with the kids, but alas, history can't be changed that drastically.
    Although the ratings were all over the place, the average ended up being a respectable 17.3, and I read that it topped the drama recording/HDD ranking. So, perhaps the rationale of viewers not always being keen on watching something so heavy on a Sunday night has the most merit in terms of the sometimes relatively low ratings. I'm probably not going out on too much of a limb by prophesying that Nankyoku Tairiku will win Best Drama for this season's Television Drama Academy Awards and Natsushima Nanako will win Best Actress for her portrayal of Mita. My personal hope is that Sakai-san will win Best Supporting Actor. Shibata Kyohei was awesome too with his impeccable screen presence; I'd like to see more of him. Can you believe that "Kaseifu no Mita" scored a 40.0 for the final episode? I agree with you, Nanako was really the one holding up the show. Kii was cute, too.

Oh and is there a romance going on between Kimutaku and Ayase Haruka's characters?
    Yes in that it's quite clear they will end up an item eventually, but the "foreplay" is very under-stated and extremely G (not even close to PG). Ayase's character only served as a vase storyline-wise. Nothing much would have been different without her.

Sengyou Shufu Tantei ended up nothing like I'd anticipated, but in a good way in that it didn't end up an episodic and overly predictable show. Both Fukada Kyoko and Fujiki Naohito's performances were average at best. I think Kiritani Kenta stole the show. Jinnai rocks! He has a razor sharo tongue, but is really an ol' softie at heart.

I think I already mentioned this earlier, but Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato de was my guilty pleasure this season. It's corny by most standards, but somehow the humor worked for me. I want a butler like Kageyama who will ask me, when I'm daft, if I'm daft!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I have started watching Rydomaden. It is 48 episodes. Is there any thread on this series?

Currently watching Hungry.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Currently watching Hungry.
    It's so unusual to see you here! how are you? how's life and work treating you? are u still down under?

I watched Hungry too, although it's a bit slapstick for my liking. My fave this season is Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi good story and chemistry. Surprisingly I also enjoy Hayami san to Yobareru Hi especially by the end of ep 2 the plot has got thicken . Apart from those I'm also watching Strawberry Night, Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata~Ending Planner~, Seinaru Kaibutsutachi and the ever overrated Lucky 7. I decided to stop watching Shozukai although I was hyped when I first saw the cast and story, but it got too depressing and disturbing for my liking
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

It's so unusual to see you here! how are you? how's life and work treating you? are u still down under?

I watched Hungry too, although it's a bit slapstick for my liking. My fave this season is Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi good story and chemistry. Surprisingly I also enjoy Hayami san to Yobareru Hi especially by the end of ep 2 the plot has got thicken . Apart from those I'm also watching Strawberry Night, Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata~Ending Planner~, Seinaru Kaibutsutachi and the ever overrated Lucky 7. I decided to stop watching Shozukai although I was hyped when I first saw the cast and story, but it got too depressing and disturbing for my liking
    I watched the first episode of Shozukai too. It's a bit much. I mean why would any mother say that to the four girls? It's not like it's their fault and being adult it is no way to act in front of the little girls. Even if she is a grieving mother, she should not do that. I wonder if the girls did get any counseling because they knew the victim?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Started Taira no Kiyomori, and will hopefully get to Strawberry Night and Shokuzai soon.
    玉木宏

blog

With Yutaka Takenouchi in Boss, I would try to catch every single episode. I think starting today and every Friday in SG?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?