Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I was so close to follow you two and drop Toshi Densetsu but I think I just going to keep watching it

But as Suet Sung been mention it alot in here, I pick up W no Higeki and I like it. Her's attire remind me of Kaseifu no Mita and for reason I convince there's two of this girls with totally different life and personalities. Emi Takei does gets better.

Still enjoying Kagi no Kakatta, Mou Ichido and Legal High. Not really with Ataru.
    Emi Takei is good! She acts so well as the two sisters. It explains so much, how there are two of them. There couldn't be doppelgangers. W no Higeki does really pique my interest and the secrets that surround the two. And that detective guy is so falling for the criminal girl, Satsuki. Emi does a good job of convincing me of the bitter, survivalist Satsuki and the innocent, rich want to be free bird, Mako.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-31-12 at 09:02 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I may going to drop Toshi or just skipped ep 6 I think, I dislike horror scenes, although most likely it's not a ghost or anything but I still don't like those kind of genre >.< we'll see.

I still haven't make progress with W no Higeki, since I get tensed watching it and I probably will wait until the series finished, beside I'm too busy to spend too much time watching drama I'm still watching Mou Ichido, Kagi no kakatta and Legal High diligently

Btw, anyone seen Ohisama? I shouldn't start it, but I love it! It's basicly an NHK 15-min morning drama that last for 26 weeks last year. If you know the classic drama such as Oshin, it's in the same format. I only manage to watch starting from week 5, but oh boy, I love it! I get into the story straight away and Inoue Mao really delivered a good heroine. I love her chemistry with her two best friends. I also like the story is not solely centre on her life but people around her too! It makes me think, how simple life back than, and how complicated life now >.< This drama is my guilty pleasure, I love enjoying the story and cry bucket loads from it.
    Last edited by eeyore; 06-03-12 at 09:56 PM.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

eeyore - I think I started watching Ohisama in the early stages but it took so long to get subbed, that I forgot about it, so I may return to it since u said its only 15mins per episode.

I think I like W no Higeki best this season, wish to know who sings the ending song though. Where are you Jadefrost when I like to ask this question? I like these intense and gripping type of dramas. People can't take it, but I can't get enough of it. Love drama.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I still in love with Ohisama.. I kept sleeping after midnight during weekdays >.< I wish this series will never end

Apart from it Kage no kakata heya is kinda repetitive, the only excitement is when Enomoto seems to have a crush on Junko Mou Ichido tension is getting higher since the last episode Kanako found her diaries she wrote since they married. Legal High also get more human touch for Komikado he's such a character hahahahahaa...
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I still in love with Ohisama.. I kept sleeping after midnight during weekdays >.< I wish this series will never end

Apart from it Kage no kakata heya is kinda repetitive, the only excitement is when Enomoto seems to have a crush on Junko Mou Ichido tension is getting higher since the last episode Kanako found her diaries she wrote since they married. Legal High also get more human touch for Komikado he's such a character hahahahahaa...
    Yeah Kagi no Kakatta Heya is repetitive. I'm still confused why corporate lawyers and a locksmith are involved in solving locked room murders. Enomoto and Aoto Junko is cute.

I just finished watching the finale to W no Higeki and loved it. It was awesome! I really enjoyed the mystery and I really did not suspect there was another person scheming behind it all. For 8 episodes, I sort of wished it had been at least two episodes longer, but it is still really good. I'm glad Satsuki finally found out the truth and found her own happiness too. The ending was really a release or rather resolution to all the tension and drama in the family. I can understand the desperation of the mother's choice to protect her love and later to sacrifice her love of her life and choose her motherly love for her daughters. Nice. I really enjoyed this Jdorama and the pathos in it. So glad the young detective didn't die from that stab, I was so supporting Satsuki and Seiichiro(I think that was his name).

I finally finised W no Higeki too, although I kinda struggle to watch ep 4-6. I admit Takei Emi really make a good acting as two different person. But for some reason the other cast annoyed me, not sure.

Few from last season I still hasn't finish yet, Ataru and Toshi Densetsu no Onna are some of them. oh and Kaero no Ojousama. Kagikata is ok in the end, I got bored with the repetitive storyline. Legal High is good, I love Sakai Masato

This season I pick only few, Rich Man Poor Woman, Tokkan and Naniwa Shounen Tanteidan. I'm not too keen with Naniwa, but some reckon the story is stupid funny :P we'll see. Tokkan for me mainly is because of Inueo Mao's acting, which I quite enjoy.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    For 8 episodes, I sort of wished it had been at least two episodes longer, but it is still really good. I'm glad Satsuki finally found out the truth and found her own happiness too. The ending was really a release or rather resolution to all the tension and drama in the family. I can understand the desperation of the mother's choice to protect her love and later to sacrifice her love of her life and choose her motherly love for her daughters. Nice. I really enjoyed this Jdorama and the pathos in it. So glad the young detective didn't die from that stab, I was so supporting Satsuki and Seiichiro(I think that was his name).
    I just watched this series a while back too and I thoroughly enjoyed it though the story was quite dark, which is not my norm type of dramas. I was confused with the ending? Did the detective end up with anyone? I thought it was super vague...

This season I pick only few, Rich Man Poor Woman, Tokkan and Naniwa Shounen Tanteidan.
    Rich Man Poor Woman was really interesting, I can't wait for the next episode when we find out why the Ishihara's character hid her real identity (something like that). You should check out Beautiful Rain with Ashida Mana if you have time! It's a really engaging heart-tugging story about a dad and his 8 year old daughter. loved the first episode so far
    http://underratedgems.com/

Let's talk about Asian Dramas, fandoms, and music!

This season I've only been watching Soumato Kabushikigaisha and Higashino Keigo Mysteries. Similar to Face Maker, the concept of Soumato is very interesting. I actually want each episode to be longer!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I am currently watching Hatsukoi, which is good! It's pure drama and acting, no idols no big name, well I still consider Kimura Yoshino and Ihara Tsuyoshi big though Totally into the story! I think this one it's for the last drama season.

I sort of lost interest in most drama, even the Higashino Keigo and Naniwa Shounen Tanteidan, Beautiful Rain also hasn't really that kick in for me as well.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Anyone watched and finished Guilty: Akuma to keiyakushita onna? I didn't watch it in it's entirety and watched on and off with it so my understanding of the drama is blurry. Can someone explain to me why Kanno Miho's character was framed and why her brother-in-law and nephew was murdered? What does her family have to do with Vice President of Personal Affairs and the son? I'm totally confused. I'm hoping the last episode will explain, but just in case, can someone explain?

From last season I finished Rich Man Poor Woman, Higashi Keigo and Tokkan. RMPW and Tokkan are interesting enough for me.

This season I'm watching Kekkon Shinai, Going My Home, Tokyo Zenryoku Shoujo, Tokyo Airport, Ooku~Tanjou, Priceless and Osazaki no Himawari. So far I enjoy them all except Priceless and Osazaki, since I haven't start them yet . But the rest for some reason can hold my interest Especially Kekkon Shinai, Going my Home and Ooku, I'm so looking forward for the next episode ^.^

Also catching up with some old drama Homework (1992) and Team Batista 2: General Rouge no Gaisen (2010). I sounds greedy huh? watching so many at the same time... hehehehheheee...
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I'm so glad this seasons drama that I pick all are good, I like Priceless and Osozaki too! with less school-related drama (at least from those that I pick) I really enjoy all the variety I watch. Osozaki really giving a good look the Shimanto rivers area, ah, also the same with Going my Home. I wish I got a forest near by to have stroll like them.

I especially like Kekkon Shinai and Ooku~Tanjou. I like Amami Yuki here as she's not as comical and not as strong as her usual character. In Ooku I like Sakai Masato, he's really good taking a role as nobleman, no traces of his nasty funny character in Legal High. I love the story development too!

I also finished Homework and Team Batista 2, now continue to Team Batista 3. I also got hold to some older drama, title is Dream for Romance, seems interesting too.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I'm so glad this seasons drama that I pick all are good, I like Priceless and Osozaki too! with less school-related drama (at least from those that I pick) I really enjoy all the variety I watch.
    How is Priceless doing? Specifically, how is Fujiki doing?
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    How is Priceless doing? Specifically, how is Fujiki doing?
    hahahahahaa.... for some reason I remember you while watching him there

He's good I think, I got his comical image from watching too much Hotaru no Hikaru, but in here he gives quite serious image. I think he's role is the nasty step brother or something like that. Kimutaku smirk and all still the same but the story is interesting enough for me.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

hahahahahaa.... for some reason I remember you while watching him there

He's good I think, I got his comical image from watching too much Hotaru no Hikaru, but in here he gives quite serious image. I think he's role is the nasty step brother or something like that. Kimutaku smirk and all still the same but the story is interesting enough for me.
    Hehehe I'm flattered

I know his role is the evil stepbrother, but I'm hoping it's only because he wants Kimutaku's character to shape up and run the company properly. Y'know, evil on the surface but with a heart of gold? *crosses fingers*
    玉木宏

blog

I've watched a good 10+ dramas this spring season but nothing has caught my attention.

Watching Shomuni Season 4. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Shomuni

It seems that the latest series is not as refreshing as Season 1.

I've watched a couple over these recent weeks:

1) Yorozu Uranaidokoro Onmyouya e Youkoso
    2) Saki
    3) 1 Litre of Tears
    4) Yae no Sakura

I am still trying to follow Yae no Sakura, but sadly the translation has stopped at episode 38.

"Saki" is one of the more recent ones that I watched and it's really good; the lead's skill level at manipulation makes you go wild-eyed.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

MOZU season 1. Acting is solid, but story could have been much better.
    玉木宏

blog