Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

Well...I finished Lunch Queen. Eita was not onscreen a lot. But woo Tsumabuki Satoshi was. I like his character, Jun. He's so sweet. Too bad they left it open ended.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I decided to try watching Fuma no Kojiro and it's a manga based j-dorama. It's kind of funny---in the sense that the acting is somewhat bad and maybe purposely exaggerated for comedic purposes. The elements of martial arts and manga is brought onscreen, which would work more appropriately in anime, but here it looks so funny. I'm a bit hesitant in continuing to watch it, but I think there are some eyecandy somewhere in this drama.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I restarted Boku dake no Madonna since i never actually got past episode 2 and then my external died on me. I'm finally getting back around to watching this drama.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Default Im Watching

I'm currently watching Time Between Dog And Wolf. It's a pretty good series to me.
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMx View Post
    I'm currently watching Time Between Dog And Wolf. It's a pretty good series to me.
    That's nice, but you're in the wrong thread.

I'm still watching Code Blue and Tomorrow. Tomorrow reminds me of a combination of Dr. Koto's Clinic and Iryu, but it's not as riveting as Iryu and the storyline is rather predictable. I think the only reason I'm continuing to watch it now is 'cause of Takenouchi Yutaka. I like him a lot more than Sakaguchi Kenji.

Code Blue is all right. I wonder where the storyline will end up going. Yamapi's acting is unimpressive and his hairstyle in here is not flattering. The best developed characters so far are Fujikawa and Hiyama.

I also watched the first episode of 33pun Tantei. I'm not sure what I think of it yet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'll recommend Gonzo to those who love the police genre. It's proving to be very gripping. There's English subtitles to go along with it though we're only at Ep3 for subs at the moment.

On the other hand, Tomorrow has been quite a letdown. Kanno Miho's character annoys me, the story is too typical and deliberately done that I tire of the dialogue and can't concentrate much. There are many similarities to Iryu 2 too. I'm not sure I'm going to continue with this one.

I've not posted in the jdrama threads for a really long time, nothing has really catch my interest for a very long time, new shows that I thought would be interesting usually ends not meeting (high) expectations and I dropped them halfway. I was convinced that I will finish watching Rookies, but that did not happen as well as I got more interested in watching other shows (non-jdrama).

I got started on Iryu 2 a long time ago but did not continue, mainly due to school work, but now that I am liberated from academic stuff, I think I will pick the show up again.

P.S. For those who play Trauma Center on NDS, I am addicted to the game and hence would like to watch a medical show to compliment my gaming habits.

I've just started Kuitan, and man, the main character, Seiya, sure knows how to enjoy his food. The show makes me hungry.

Code blue really failed to take off after episode one but......it redeemed itself with episode 6 and 7..finally and thk goodness!

Watching?? I think sometimes watching >

- Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon
    - Jigoku Shoujo (Live Action)
    - Zettai Kareshi
    - Operation: Love

I forget there's more...
    ~K-Drama~

Now i'm starting Nobuta wo Produce and juggling that with Boku dake no Madonna.
    I <3 MatsuJun

I've just started Hataraki Man today with Kanno Miho, the guy from Zettai Kareshi, and that Tantei 4sisters' guy is also here as her boyfriend. KM is actually made to look like the anime/manga character. Very interesting. I will have to check out the anime/manga when I'm done with the j-dorama.

Code Blue has actually turned out to be a good series after the first few iffy episodes that left me wondering where things would be headed. Some of the gut-wrenching situations have been quite riveting to watch play out. Namely,
    click to show/hide spoilers
    finding out that Haruka broke up with her boyfriend because he has ALS and Dr. Kuroda probably never being able to use his skilled hand again when he now needs it the most with his son requiring surgery.

I'm currently up to episode 9 of Gonzo. One more to go and I'm debating whether or not just to watch it raw first. It's a quality series that focuses on one major case. The timeline layout is also quite unique and refreshing.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Code Blue has actually turned out to be a good series after the first few iffy episodes that left me wondering where things would be headed. Some of the gut-wrenching situations have been quite riveting to watch play out. Namely,
    click to show/hide spoilers
    finding out that Haruka broke up with her boyfriend because he has ALS and Dr. Kuroda probably never being able to use his skilled hand again when he now needs it the most with his son requiring surgery.

I'm currently up to episode 9 of Gonzo. One more to go and I'm debating whether or not just to watch it raw first. It's a quality series that focuses on one major case. The timeline layout is also quite unique and refreshing.
    I agree ...I also felt that Code blue became better from episode 6 onwards....

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I agree ...I also felt that Code blue became better from episode 6 onwards....

yeah. the drama really took its time to introduce all the characters and how they progress in terms of their internship. there's a lot of action going on in episode 6 onwards - and i really got shocked by the way the storyline went. Now, all i hope for is a good ending.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Has anyone watched Jodan Ja Nai with Ueno Juri? She never fails to amaze me. Her role in this one is so different. It seems each role she has its always different from the previous one. I've been hesitant on watching this one because of the age difference AND the fact that her husband in this drama is the ex-bf of her mother, which is umm...kind of odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Has anyone watched Jodan Ja Nai with Ueno Juri? She never fails to amaze me. Her role in this one is so different. It seems each role she has its always different from the previous one. I've been hesitant on watching this one because of the age difference AND the fact that her husband in this drama is the ex-bf of her mother, which is umm...kind of odd.
    I have never heard of this drama....is it recent?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I have never heard of this drama....is it recent?
    I suppose, it just came out last year. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Jodan_ja_nai! copy and paste link.

So far, I find it so funny when Ellen's (Ueno Juri) mom pops up and makes Keita all scared. But it makes me wonder if Keita really loves Ellen because Ellen resembles her mother so much.

Just watched Koizora, the movie, last night. So now i'm watching Gokusen 3 to get some more Miura Haruma action. Hehe.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Almost done with Code Blue. I really enjoyed the whole thing, waiting for the ending though. Finish Gokusen 3, although all 3 are exactly the same, I really like the JE in it. Both 2 and 3 had really good insert songs. Kind of weird watching people like Takaki Yuya though, born in the 90's.

Right now I'm searching for new drama to start on. Tried to watch Zettai Kareshi but couldn't get past the first episode. I liked the manga, probably knowing the basic story made the drama itself less interesting.