Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

Watching Kindaichi 2014. Interesting. It's always nice to reveal what happened in the end.

Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu, where Tamaki Hiroshi is deliciously sexy.
    玉木宏

blog

Watching Hero 2014. More or less the same with Hero 2001. Still have Takuya Kimura as the main lead. And some old faces.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

I went through these Japanese dramas in December, and loved them:

a. Doctor X (series 1 to 3)
    b. Team Dragon (love only series 1)
    c. Nodame (crazily manga-ish )
    d. Liars game (great series)

I thought Jin (series 1) was good. Nobunaga Concerto has a good start (the humour eg 'flying onigiri', ), but fizzles out by the 4th episode (my opinion). I tried Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu (because the heroine appeared in Jin) but gave it up after episode 1.

I'm following Date. Everything about it is good - story is unique, dialogue is witty, and romcom is non cheesy. Pace is also great. Date is how a romcom should br written and produced. Oh, how I wish Korean romcoms were made like this.

I am on the last episode of Hero 2. I never watched the original. I don't really like the main guy.

It's a pretty decent film, the highlight of the whole thing is watching the whole office together.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

I like Galileo, but only the First Season. Season Two's main female lead annoys me to no end, and I end up dropping the drama after the second episode.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

I'm watching Great Teacher Onizuka 2012 right now and really enjoying it. It's a good series and better than Sorimachi's 1998 version although Sorimachi's version has its own charm.

I want to watch Hero 2014 as well since I really like the original and the specials.

I'm now watching 37.5°C no Namida, Death Note, Hanasaki Mai ga Damattenai Season 2 and Koinaka

Quote Originally Posted by JandKDramaFan View Post
    I'm now watching 37.5°C no Namida, Death Note, Hanasaki Mai ga Damattenai Season 2 and Koinaka
    Death Note as in the 2015 series remake that just came out? How is it?

On the topic of Death Note, I was reading that Warner Bros got the rights for an American remake of a new Death Note film and Adam Wingard was selected to direct it. Too early to form an opinion on this though but I'm kind of intrigued.

Watching Cain and Abel, Career, and Suna no Tou.
    玉木宏

blog

I watching Seigi no mikata , this girl is so lucky, and poor her little sister
    Last edited by Cwebster; 11-20-16 at 11:55 PM.

I watching Seigi no mikata , this girl is so lucky, and poor her little sister

Banned

My viewership of J-dramas to date:

Year watched / Title / Year released

2007 Hana Yori Dango1+2 2006-2007
    2007 To Heart 1999
    2009 Saiyuuki (Japanese Journey to the West) 2007
    2015 Akumu Chan 2012
    2015 Death Note 2015
    2015 xxxHolic 2013
    2015 Maru Maru Tsuma 2015
    2015 Date ~ Koi to wa Donna Mono Kashira 2015

There were a few other ones I had dropped after a few episodes, notably one like Nodame, and others featuring Kyoko Fukada or Mao Inoue. But the last five on the list were so idiotic you couldn't pay me a million dollars to sit thru the next J-drama, whatever they may be. Above synopsis probably all the J-dramas I will have ever watched in an entire lifetime.

BTW, if I sound harsh on J-ent, you should see my list for Western and Korean dramas. The last live action TV show from the West (I live in North America btw) and Korea I had watched in the last 18 years was none.

(Actually above is a lie. I did see 1 Korean drama for the last 18 years. But it was forced on me by a family member not of my own volition...)

Lastly, what drove me to watch so many J-dramas in 2015 was I was pissed off at Yu Zheng's ROCH 2014 adaptation. Thankfully the few C-dramas not by him that came a bit later redeemed my viewership of C-ent...

Summary of Akumu Chan (this has got to be the stupidest show I've ever had the displeasure of watching in its entirety):

Last edited by hirobo2; 11-25-16 at 10:11 PM.

Currently watching hana yori dango and Long Vacation.

Currently I'm watching Otoko Meshi (roughly translated as "My Boss's Hobby is Cooking"?) and it's quite a good comedic series. For those who don't know it's about an University student named Ryota who has pretty bad time searching for job. One day a wounded Yakuza boss ordered Ryota to let him and his assistance live in Ryota's house. Of course (as cliche as it might sound) Ryota has no other way to let the Yakuza Boss live with him. Turned out, the boss likes to cook and he's really good at it. And "ankwardly" Ryota learned alot about life from this Yakuza Boss and his cooking.
    Overall it's a good comedy series. The cooking part looks really awesome and it reminds me of Shokugeki no Souma anime.
    Use a nice clavicle brace and have an excellent posture like the all legendary pokemon list or Pokemon Sun and Moon Starters Pokemon.

Majo no Jouken

I am watching 'First Class"
    DRAMACOOL.ZONE - Watch Asian Dramas, Movies