Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

There aren't any good Jap serials I have now, so i am just seeing Death Note Part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    There aren't any good Jap serials I have now, so i am just seeing Death Note Part 2.
    I heard this is better than part 1 and am looking forward to watching it.

I'm in the middle of watching a little of everything.

Psychometrer Eiji: A mystery drama about a high school student named Eiji who has the ability to "see" where items have been just by touching them and uses this power to help a female cop solve various crimes. It can be funny, but at times surprisingly bloody too.

100 Tales of Horror: 11 short stories which comprise a Japanese version of Liao Zhai. I don't plan on watching all of them, just the ones with certain cast members.

Searchin' for my Polestar: Two episodes down and I'm liking it alot. It's a realistic and relatable drama about friendships and how life can interfere with dreams. Solid cast of pals!

Still watching Shiroi Kyoto, Satorare, Dr. Koto's Clinic, and planning on watching the second half of Byakkotai as well as starting on Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai soon.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I heard this is better than part 1 and am looking forward to watching it.

I'm in the middle of watching a little of everything.

Psychometrer Eiji: A mystery drama about a high school student named Eiji who has the ability to "see" where items have been just by touching them and uses this power to help a female cop solve various crimes. It can be funny, but at times surprisingly bloody too.

100 Tales of Horror: 11 short stories which comprise a Japanese version of Liao Zhai. I don't plan on watching all of them, just the ones with certain cast members.

Searchin' for my Polestar: Two episodes down and I'm liking it alot. It's a realistic and relatable drama about friendships and how life can interfere with dreams. Solid cast of pals!

Still watching Shiroi Kyoto, Satorare, Dr. Koto's Clinic, and planning on watching the second half of Byakkotai as well as starting on Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai soon.
    Where do you watch all these new dramas at, Lady Zhuge?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Wow. That's a lot of shows you've been catching!

Psychometrer Eiji's a terrific series. But I find the second one better because Eiji's more in control in that one and cooler, and Mabo has better chemistry with Shizuka Kudo than he has with Otsuka Nene. It's also more stylish but preserves the tone of the drama although if you watch both of them, you will notice clear parallels in the cases.

Default Cricket, cricket...

"Old stuff" I'm watching: Brother Beat, Water Boys 2005 Natsu, Satorare, and Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003
    Brother Beat is great; it's funny, sweet, and literally packs a punch or more in every episode. I recently finished watching Water Boys and liked it a lot (moreso than the movie), so I thought I'd watch the special as well. Satorare...gah...it's enjoyable, but I don't know why it's taking me forever to finish. I absolutely hate Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003 and almost every one of the characters! Bah.

New dramas I'm definitely planning to follow through on this season: Liar Game and Watashitachi no Kyokasho. Not surprisingly, they're both mystery/suspense/psychologically-driven type of series. Liar Game hasn't exactly been impressive, but the ending of episode 2 showed promise and it does make me want to continue watching. Just 2 episodes in, Watashitachi no Kyokasho has already had plenty of twists and is just oozing potential. Miho Kanno's acting is excellent.

Still undecided on whether or not to continue after viewing an episode of each: Proposal Daisakusen, Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go, and Bambino.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

does iron chef in japanese count? LOL

why's he hiding in there? perve.

New dramas I'm definitely planning to follow through on this season: Liar Game and Watashitachi no Kyokasho. Not surprisingly, they're both mystery/suspense/psychologically-driven type of series. Liar Game hasn't exactly been impressive, but the ending of episode 2 showed promise and it does make me want to continue watching. Just 2 episodes in, Watashitachi no Kyokasho has already had plenty of twists and is just oozing potential. Miho Kanno's acting is excellent.
    I'm watching Watashitachi no Kyokasho too. It's intriguing and Miho Kanno, like you said, is terrific in her role. It's making me want to watch her other dramas, particularly Koi ga Shitai. She's such a versatile actress - vile, manipulative sorceress in Satomi Hakkenden; vulnerable, insecure, woebegone waif in Ai no Uta. Plus there's Shosuke. Though his role is quite minor.

I am currently watching Grand Tribe with Kimutaku, it's full of family intrigues. I just seen no1 but look very interesting with the steel manufacturing industry.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I'm currently watching Nodame Cantabile. Almost finish.
    This is so hilarious. I'm sure the manga might be equal good. Or even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashigirl6 View Post
    I'm currently watching Nodame Cantabile. Almost finish.
    This is so hilarious. I'm sure the manga might be equal good. Or even better.
    yeah..just finished watching last nite and it was so damn funny. I just love chiaki and nodame together at last

edit - i'm currently watching Kuitan season 1
    Last edited by spyefox; 04-29-07 at 10:00 AM.

Posted deleted
    Last edited by strawberry; 05-01-07 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    New dramas I'm definitely planning to follow through on this season: Liar Game and Watashitachi no Kyokasho. Not surprisingly, they're both mystery/suspense/psychologically-driven type of series. Liar Game hasn't exactly been impressive, but the ending of episode 2 showed promise and it does make me want to continue watching.
    True true. The Ending of ep 2 was really interesting and execting. Wonder what role that policeman will have/had?
    But I'll definetly continue.
    Only that mask scares a little
    Last edited by Arashigirl6; 05-05-07 at 05:03 PM.

I'm still watching Grand Tribe with Kimutaku, but I'm not sure if want to continue, it's too depressing for my taste, full of intrigues and deceitfulness family member. Although acting wise most of the cast are great, except for some reason, IMO, the way Takuya Kimura walk is like a trade mark, too swingy for a Managing Director of a big manufacturing company. .. lol.. if u know what I mean.

I also peek the ending (naughty me) and seems gloom too... aarrgghhh I want to know the story but it's too depressing.... I'll see how I goes later.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashigirl6 View Post
    True true. The Ending of ep 2 was really interesting and execting. Wonder what role that policeman will have/had?
    But I'll definetly continue.
    Only that mask scares a little
    I think the cop was just paid off to dump Nao at the mansion, but who knows, he could have a bigger role later. The mask reminds me of the one from the Saw films. Freaky indeed. I love this drama's black/red color schemes and background music. They really set the mood and balance out some of the shortcomings. I think I know who 'X' is, but it'll be interesting to see how Akiyama traps him. Matsuda Shota is eyecandy!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I am going to start on Brother beat soon

Ah you guys have so much time on your hands. I haven't properly sit down and watch dramas lately. I shouldn't be here either, I've got finals in two days after that I can watch all the dramas I want. Yes, I've been wanting to catch up for a while.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-06-07 at 09:03 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    This series is very good and heart-warming, I really enjoyed it.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I hope you enjoy it. I certainly did.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Ah you guys have so much time on your hands. I haven't properly sit down and watch dramas lately. I shouldn't be here either, I've got finals in two days after that I can watch all the dramas I want. Yes, I've been wanting to catch up for a while.
    So much time? Hardly. I'm right in the middle of finals myself, but that doesn't mean I can't take a breather or two...or more...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I hope you enjoy it. I certainly did.

So much time? Hardly. I'm right in the middle of finals myself, but that doesn't mean I can't take a breather or two...or more...
    Yep, Brother Beat is one of my all time fave.

I just cut down my sleeping time to have more time to watch series ...
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Thks all for the encouraging review. I am also going to start on Takuya Kimura's The wealthy Family. Anyone seen that? I believed that's the latest from Kimura from last year.