Thread: Were 9 Yin and 9 Yang meant to be learn together?

Default Were 9 Yin and 9 Yang meant to be learn together?

In the end of the novel ROCH, there is this passage:
    Master Damo had written another book, which was the ‘Nine Yang Manual’. This book had the same value as the ‘Nine Yin Manual’; as a matter of fact, these two books complement each other.
    To me, the phrase "complement each other" suggest that these two manual will help one another thus further suggest they should be learn together. But I thought these two manuals had highly opposing theories.. so how could these two manuals be consider complimentary?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    In the end of the novel ROCH, there is this passage:

To me, the phrase "complement each other" suggest that these two manual will help one another thus further suggest they should be learn together. But I thought these two manuals had highly opposing theories.. so how could these two manuals be consider complimentary?
    it was said somewhere that the 9 yin came out 1st, but had some flaws, and the 9 yang correct them... not sure where i heard it from but i think it suppose to be like that... and if anyone should know it's u YG...

That's the 1st edition. It's no longer true as JY completely rewrote the origins.

The 9 Yum Jen Ging and the 9 Yeung Jen Ging were created by two different people in two different centuries, so probably not.

The creator of the 9 Yeung Jen Ging did conceive his manual as a way to get similar results as the 9 Yum Jen Ging through the opposite approach, however.