View Poll Results: DFBB versus XF. Who will win?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heman FTW!

49 62.82%
  • Sheman FTW!

29 37.18%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Death Match: DFBB vs. XF

Default Death Match: DFBB vs. XF

Making this thread based on the poll result of who DFBB should fight against outside of XAJH's universe.

ex-Sun Moon Sect Leader DFBB (Sunflower Manual, various Sun Moon Sect Skills)

versus

ex-Beggar Union Leader XF (Dragon Subduing 28 Palms, Dog Beating Stick Technique, Demon-Subduing Palms, Dragon Claws)

Somebody's gotta die in this one. Who will come out laughing/giggling victoriously?

Discuss and Don't Forget To Vote!

Kiu Fung.

I don't care what kind of logic you bring into this fight: Kiu Fung is *not* losing to a shemale. It's just not going to happen.

Yeah. XF wins just because =)

the honest answer from my mind is DFBB.
    From the descriptions I read of DFBB, I don't think XF would be able to even touch DFBB. Don't forget, DFBB had agility while XF is more of a marathon type, so this could be a problem of actually trying to hit DFBB.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Can DFBB do what XF couldn't do in taking out the duo of YTZ and MRF?

or put it in another perspective, can XF beat the trio of RWX, XWT and LHC?

XF to win absolutely
    TaZzY InC

Dongfang Bubai ftw! With a real sword or a dagger in his/her hand, s-he would pwn Xiao Feng by running around him in a crazy speed and sending out thrusts until Xiao Feng collapses because of losing blood.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

ppl ppl, political correctness dears, DFBB should be an it-man

but despiteless, i don't see XF winning DFBB, not even his so-called "warrior spirit" will help him win this time.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

i dunno why but from how i see it, XF just have to land one solid blow on DFBB, and DFBB's great speed would be reduced quite a bit. XF, on the other hand, have amazing endurance in taking hits as seen in the manor massacre. Just one lucky hit and the playing ground could become even, can XF do it?
    Last edited by augster123; 01-24-07 at 05:00 AM.

well, in a death fight, i think we shouldn't take luck into account.
    Xiao Feng has great endurance, but if in the hand of Dongfang is a sword or a dagger, how many thrusts does he have to suffer, and how much strength does he still have before he can hit Dongfang?
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

I want XF to win because his god like stamina and warrior-spirit-overcoming-all-odds is what makes him cool. Plus the whole drink more alcohol=more powerful factor.

But i don't really know who is going to win. The way DFBB is described, he is so fast that Xiao Feng might not be able to land a hit on him. Then again, XF has the best fighting instincts in the entire JY cannon. He might strike out on instinct and finish the she-man off despite the speed difference.

Is Dongfang Bubai much faster than Xiao Feng? This can be a bit tricky to gauge. The way that DF was described is indeed incredible, but don't forget that Jiumozhi and Guo Jing have also been described as unbelievably fast. Murong Fu saw traces of Jiumozhi attacking from every direction (and had no way to handle the attacks), while Guo Jing made it seem like there were 7 or 8 of him in effect.

Additionally, the description of Tianshan Tonglao and Li Qiushui's speed are IMO not inferior to Dongfang's speed. Tonglao and Li moved like the speed of light to the human eye.

Furthermore, Xiao Yuanshan (pre-30 years) and Xiao Feng were both described as ghost-like in their speed (and fighting spirit).

I think it is possible/likely that DFBB is just slightly faster than the likes of Xiao Feng, Jiumozhi, and Guo Jing (who are already very fast).
    Last edited by PJ; 01-24-07 at 10:06 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Ditto what PJ said.

Quite a few fighters and their grandmas were narrated as quicker then the eye can track in DGSD.

For example, JMZ can do six kicks while making it look like just one kick.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

in terms of hand-to-hand combat, i believe XF has the upper hand in techniques. DFBB won't be able to last long in direct palm clashes with fierce XF.

weapon combat-wise, we have Dog-Beating Stick Technique on one hand and the Sunflower Manual sword technique that stresses internal energy on the other. Close match but DFBB should prolly take it since even Dugu 9 Swords couldn't do much against it unless of course Dog-Beating Stick Technique > Dugu 9 Swords.

if they were to compete in internal energy (like what happened between West Poison and North Beggar), this one is more iffy. DFBB might be able to edge out XF in this one.

no comments/opinions on DFBB against YTZ+MRF and XF against RWX+XWT+LHC?

By the way, just a suggestion to the original topic starter: if you are looking for impartial opinions, you might want to make your poll options a bit more straight-forward in wording. For example, when you have "shemale" as one of the choices, I think fewer people would want to vote for it then if you simply had "Dongfang Bubai." Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    By the way, just a suggestion to the original topic starter: if you are looking for impartial opinions, you might want to make your poll options a bit more straight-forward in wording. For example, when you have "shemale" as one of the choices, I think fewer people would want to vote for it then if you simply had "Dongfang Bubai." Just my 2 cents.
    point taken. i tend to beat around the bush in terms of describing the poll options to add some flavor. flavor denied.

but yah, i will take that into account in the next exciting one i make.

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    point taken. i tend to beat around the bush in terms of describing the poll options to add some flavor. flavor denied.

but yah, i will take that into account in the next exciting one i make.
    Actually, I didn't express myself the right way. What I should have said is: you might want to make your poll options a bit more IMPARTIAL in wording. In the past I liked some of the flavors you added to the poll options, and they were good effort on your behalf. I just think this time the way you worded the options could adversely impact the voters' choices, since "shemale" is not a very nice label. And like Ken Cheng said, no matter what logic one may bring to the discussion, some people just cannot see the king of fighting losing to a shemale. But if you hadn't used the term "shemale" then that may be a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Actually, I didn't express myself the right way. What I should have said is: you might want to make your poll options a bit more IMPARTIAL in wording. In the past I liked some of the flavors you added to the poll options, and they were good effort on your behalf. I just think this time the way you worded the options could adversely impact the voters' choices, since "shemale" is not a very nice label. And like Ken Cheng said, no matter what logic one may bring to the discussion, some people just cannot see the king of fighting losing to a shemale. But if you hadn't used the term "shemale" then that may be a non-issue.
    ah yes, that is true. i will keep that in mind and try for some impartial flavors for the next one. heh, glad that some of the ones in the past were enjoyable.

I will vote for DFBB. The moment they met, (S)he will fall in love with XF's manly appearance and followed him everywhere. Eventually XF will kill himself out of desperation.

Another interesting question to me is who would win between DFBB with a needle VS Ou Yang Feng. The reverse 9 Yin made him able to move around his accupoints. So all of DFBB pokes would be harmless. But can the frog stance hit DFBB?

Quote Originally Posted by Single Whip
    I will vote for DFBB. The moment they met, (S)he will fall in love with XF's manly appearance and followed him everywhere. Eventually XF will kill himself out of desperation.

Another interesting question to me is who would win between DFBB with a needle VS Ou Yang Feng. The reverse 9 Yin made him able to move around his accupoints. So all of DFBB pokes would be harmless. But can the frog stance hit DFBB?
    ahahaha DFBB becomes the most feared, fastest stalker yet.

hmmm...had Western Poison not die prior the 16 years in ROCH, it might've been an ok match. the shifting acupoints technique would definitely help him last longer against those needles. then again, DFBB would also last longer in hand to hand combat against frog stance than those crazy dragon palms. but yea if u dont give Western Poison the 16 years boost, then its pretty much no contest, especially since quite a few people put up reasonable arguments that even GWM at the end of ROCH wasn't a match for DFBB.

Only chance for OYF is not even to fight with the frog stance at the beginning but rather try to land a poison hit of some sort and defend as much as possible with the shifting acupoints technique. Frog stance should probably be used after the poison hit comes into effect to finish off DFBB. That's most likely the best strategy for OYF given that match up situation.