Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nominations for mini Duel of Mount Wah!

Default Nominations for mini Duel of Mount Wah!

it's time for a tournament among the non-elite fighters in Jin Yong novels. same as before. 4 groups of 4 decently skilled martial artists per group (total of 16 combatants). Top two who receives the most votes of each group gets to proceed to the next round. Voting closes after a week for each round.

Nomination Rules:

1. the fighters nominated should not be too far off from the level of a peak pre-Heavy Iron Sword YG.

2. No unknowns.

3. when u nominate a character to join this mini Duel of Mount Wah, please list out their top 3-4 martial art skills and also if u can please include a small description of what role/position they held in Wulin.
    For example: 'South Murong' Murong Fu (Star Shifting Technique) and Linghu Chong (Dugu 9 Swords, Wah Mountain Sword Technique, YJJ)

Let the nominations begin!!

I recommend SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan!
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    I recommend SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan!
    i nominate u Huang Rong to join this semi-glorious duel!

Lol, thanks for your good intention.
    well, I don't know exactly what kinds of MA Zhuo Bufan has, but i'm sure he/she is > the pre HIS Yang Guo.
    Here's a list of SWORD GOD's extreme feats, according to some Zhuo-Bufan-researchers, very impressive:
    1. having reached the peak of perfection in swordsmanship.
    2. having solicited no less than 3 massive cheering sessions from crowd of experts.
    3. having sliced a table into 9 identical pieces in a flash.
    4. having produced a snake-like whirling halo effect with his sword.
    5. having thrusted a delicate blade one foot deep into a solid granite pole.
    6. single-stance execution of an island leader, evoking the fearfulness of tianshan Tonglao in others.
    7. tossing an object across mountain ranges over a distance of 3 chinese miles.
    8. crystal clear voice transmission over mountain peaks over a distance of 3 chinese miles.
    9. exerting tremor in a pair of monsters of Pearl Cliff with exquisite sword extension and blood-boiling tap.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 02-07-07 at 07:09 AM.
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。

Yeung Siu from HSDS (QQDNY)

Zhao Qiansun should be in the game. His LDS was good enough to force Xiao Feng to block a stance. Plus, when Xiao Feng witnessed Zhao Qiansun's ability to compress his bones into the scale of a 8 year old, he was impressed with its profoundness.

Skills: Bone-Compression Method, General LDS ability

Another one whom I would recommend in the game, is Taoist Buping. This is a guy whose qing gong impressed many expert in the crowd consisting of Murong Fu, his assistants, Duan Yu, and warriors from 72 Islands/36 Caves.

Skills: Superb Qing Gong
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    it's time for a tournament among the non-elite fighters in Jin Yong novels. same as before. 4 groups of 4 decently skilled martial artists per group (total of 16 combatants). Top two who receives the most votes of each group gets to proceed to the next round. Voting closes after a week for each round.

Nomination Rules:

1. the fighters nominated should not be too far off from the level of a peak pre-Heavy Iron Sword YG.

2. No unknowns.

3. when u nominate a character to join this mini Duel of Mount Wah, please list out their top 3-4 martial art skills and also if u can please include a small description of what role/position they held in Wulin.
    For example: 'South Murong' Murong Fu (Star Shifting Technique) and Linghu Chong (Dugu 9 Swords, Wah Mountain Sword Technique, YJJ)

Let the nominations begin!!
    Augster, please only have this game after the other one ends. If not, it would get real confusing.

From what you say, looks like the other game must last three weeks. I hope this is just a preview discussion. Don't have two of these tourney polls going at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Augster, please only have this game after the other one ends. If not, it would get real confusing.

From what you say, looks like the other game must last three weeks. I hope this is just a preview discussion. Don't have two of these tourney polls going at the same time.

yeah this is just nominations. and since this is much more "broad" than the other "elite-only" tournament, i believe there should be much more nominations and discussions flowing in, pertaining to who should be in this tourney and who shouldn't be. the mini Duel of Mount Wah will start after the granddaddy tourney is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    Yeung Siu from HSDS (QQDNY)
    i think he's a little too high leveled....

i nominate ZWJ's father...Zhang Cui Shan (wudang skills)
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver
    i think he's a little too high leveled....

i nominate ZWJ's father...Zhang Cui Shan (wudang skills)
    i think he's too low... but non-elite isn't all that clearly defined i guess. I still don't think you'd consider Yang Xiao as an elite fighter. In fact, there are very few fighters in HSDS that are "elite"

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    i think he's too low... but non-elite isn't all that clearly defined i guess. I still don't think you'd consider Yang Xiao as an elite fighter. In fact, there are very few fighters in HSDS that are "elite"
    but young pre-iron sword YG wasn't quite the "elite" either. he was not even a match for LMC. his raw martial arts level (minus the cleverness part) was below that of Huo Du. i think Yang Xiao has all the right to be classified at least a few obvious degrees above the pre-iron sword YG.

i suppose Zhang Cui Shan's level isn't too clear either than. perhaps the best of the wudang 7 before ZWJ grew up then?

With all due respect to Huang Rong (the poster), I would object to pitting SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan in this competition. As Huang Rong also noted, SWORD GOD definitely > Pre-HIS Yang Guo. I do not believe the SWORD GOD should suffer the disgrace of competing with a category of martial artists which is (in my opinion) significantly below his level. If you could please spare the SWORD GOD of this disrespect, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I think there is quite a gap between pre-HIS YG and the LOCH Greats. There is still a group of fighters in the Xie Xun, Xuan Ming Er Lao, Linghu Chong range which will overpower the field.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

maybe i should nominate ZZR instead

@PJ:
    Lolz, I know very well that it would be an extremely disrespect to SWORD GOD if he is nominated to participate in this SWORD MEET. But you know, there're not many occasions for him to show off his supreme skills. So if in this SWORD MEET, Zhuo Bufan defeats all his opponents, esp. the Pre_HIS Yang Guo, he'll become very very famous, and that will result in there'll be many people more who embrace ZhuoBufanism.

@augster123:
    I nominate another, he's Xiao Xiang Ye Wu - Night Rain of Xiao Xiang - Mr Mo Da, the headmaster of the Heng Shan sword school, whose swordsmanship is even more powerful than SWORD GOD's!!!!!
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。

BTW augster,

The one week time limit for the other tournament is done. Please move on to round two. Unless you feel the spcnet down time lost a few days, and we can keep the polls going for a few more days?

@augster123:
    I nominate another, he's Xiao Xiang Ye Wu - Night Rain of Xiao Xiang - Mr Mo Da, the headmaster of the Heng Shan sword school, whose swordsmanship is even more powerful than SWORD GOD's!!!!!
    Quit spreading blasphemies! Mo Da by outperforming SWORD GOD on ONE occasion does not mean he can be considered to have achieved superiority in OVERALL swordsmanship. Do you think that Mo Da has reached the peak of perfection in swordplay>? Do you believe that Mo Da can slice the rings on Li Qiushui's face?

But yes, Mr. Mo Da should be in the duel

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Quit spreading blasphemies! Mo Da by outperforming SWORD GOD on ONE occasion does not mean he can be considered to have achieved superiority in OVERALL swordsmanship. Do you think that Mo Da has reached the peak of perfection in swordplay>? Do you believe that Mo Da can slice the rings on Li Qiushui's face?
    But yes, Mr. Mo Da should be in the duel
    Well, who knows?
    Mr Mo Da certainly couldn't be as powerful as SWORD GOD in overall MA.
    But in some ways his MA is possibly more impressive than SWORD GOD's.
    I'll prove that Mr Mo Da is another underestimated gem:
    1. Mr Mo Da is the 3rd best amongst 5 Yue Sword schools' masters.
    2. He is superior to Mrs Yue and probably equal to the Pre-varried-Yue Buqun.
    3. Mrs Yue's internal energy manipulation is said to have reached the level of PERFECTION!:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Ao Jiang Hu, Lanny Lin, chapter 7
    As soon as the sword tip reached the skin, she immediately retracted the vigorous inner energy and changed the direction of the strength from horizontal to vertical, and the great shock from the inner energy strength broke the long sword into inch-long pieces. The superb inner energy manipulation had really reached the level of perfection. In great admiration, he said, “Even if Tian Boguang’s knife chops were faster, he still would not have escaped this thrust of yours, Master-Wife.”
    4. The Pre-varried-Yue Buqun could create SWORD NIMBUS like Zhuo Bufan!:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Ao Jiang Hu, Lanny Lin, chapter 11
    He pondered and pondered, yet never slowing down with his hands. He used the Divine Art of the Violet Twilight to its extreme, and the tip of his sword shined dimly.
    Therefore: It's very very likely that Mr Mo Da reached the peak of perfection in energy manipulation and could create Sword Nimbus.
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。

people...we're looking at pre-HIS YG calliber. mo da is also much to over qualified here...

Well, who knows?
    Mr Mo Da certainly couldn't be as powerful as SWORD GOD in overall MA.
    But in some ways his MA is possibly more impressive than SWORD GOD's.
    I'll prove that Mr Mo Da is another underestimated gem:
    1. Mr Mo Da is the 3rd best amongst 5 Yue Sword schools' masters.
    2. He is superior to Mrs Yue and probably equal to the Pre-varried-Yue Buqun.
    3. Mrs Yue's internal energy manipulation is said to have reached the level of PERFECTION!:
    There is a slight difference. Madam Yue has reached perfection, while SWORD GOD has reached the PEAK of perfection. Also, their perfectionism are in completely different fields.

4. The Pre-varried-Yue Buqun could create SWORD NIMBUS like Zhuo Bufan!:
    Well, can he transmit voices across 3 mile mountain peaks? Can he execute an island leader and evoke the fear of Tianshan Tonglao in experts? Can he thrust a delicate blade 1 foot deep into solid granite? Probably not!

Therefore: It's very very likely that Mr Mo Da reached the peak of perfection in energy manipulation and could create Sword Nimbus.
    That's like saying: Zhao Qiansun knows a bone-compression method; since Duan Zhengming is superior to Zhao Qiansun, then Duan Zhengming must also know a bone-compression method.