Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Gwok Jing and Jade Maiden Heart Manual

  1. #1
    Banned ltcuoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    134

    Default Gwok Jing and Jade Maiden Heart Manual

    How would GJ martial arts improved with Jade Maiden Swordplay?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,566

    Default

    The martial arts of the mature GJ is unlikely to be improved significantly by the Jade Maiden techniques- after all GJ already mastered 9 Yin by that time.

    Han Solo

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,741

    Default

    it wouldnt imrpove casue he would have no maiden to use it with and on top of that, he probably wunt even use it. think about it man, if u can use HL18 palm or the maiden sword, wat will u use?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  4. #4
    Senior Member S Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    it wouldnt imrpove casue he would have no maiden to use it with and on top of that, he probably wunt even use it. think about it man, if u can use HL18 palm or the maiden sword, wat will u use?
    but he, like XLN, can use both hands. so think, it's XLN but with 10X more power...that's quite as intimidating as GJ using XL18Z. though, i'm not sure GJ would do as well with the complicated nature of jade maiden. he's still probably better off throwing simple power palms.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,741

    Default

    i doubt huang rong would strip for GJ just to help him train it, and they're so famous, they got no where to hide
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  6. #6
    Banned ltcuoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    i doubt huang rong would strip for GJ just to help him train it, and they're so famous, they got no where to hide
    Li Mochou would strip to train with Gwok Jing so that shouldn't be an issue.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ltcuoi
    Li Mochou would strip to train with Gwok Jing so that shouldn't be an issue.
    haha u are funny... i would go on with this but im scared i would get banned
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  8. #8
    Senior Member S Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    i doubt huang rong would strip for GJ just to help him train it, and they're so famous, they got no where to hide
    ....in their room??? who knows what else goes on in there, i'm sure stripping is the least of their worries...
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver
    ....in their room??? who knows what else goes on in there, i'm sure stripping is the least of their worries...
    ya they gotta find a lake, but they were like celebrities, ppl follow em everywhere. GJ probably wunt know wats going on anyways even he did strip. i wonder how they made guo fu in the first place. im guessing HR dominated him in bed
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Yeung Gor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    It's the same as saying XLN with GJ's 9 yin inner power, she would be very formidable.
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 02-06-07 at 04:44 AM.

  11. #11
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,057

    Default

    I don't think this particular martial arts skill suits him. He might not even be able to learn it...at least not very well.

  12. #12
    Banned ltcuoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I don't think this particular martial arts skill suits him. He might not even be able to learn it...at least not very well.
    Why not? Gwok Jing knew L/R hand technique, didn't he?

  13. #13
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ltcuoi
    Why not? Gwok Jing knew L/R hand technique, didn't he?
    Yeah, but it takes more than knowledge of Left/Right Hand Technique to master the Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts. Gwok Jing is best at simple, direct martial arts such as the Hong Lung 18 Palms. That kind of martial art suits his temperament and personality very well.

    He'd struggle trying to learn something like the Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts, which is all about tricks, feints, and clever maneuvers. Those really aren't Gwok Jing's strengths in martial arts.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Snafu3721's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Yeah, but it takes more than knowledge of Left/Right Hand Technique to master the Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts. Gwok Jing is best at simple, direct martial arts such as the Hong Lung 18 Palms. That kind of martial art suits his temperament and personality very well.

    He'd struggle trying to learn something like the Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts, which is all about tricks, feints, and clever maneuvers. Those really aren't Gwok Jing's strengths in martial arts.
    Actually, the 9-yin techniques are not necessarily simple or direct. Remember the weird snake-like way ZBT was moving when he dodged HYS's attack (when ZBT finally decided to leave the island), or the 9-yin bone claw? So if GJ can master all the stuff in the 9-yin manual, jade maiden manual should be a piece of cake.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Ren Ying Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hell in the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    3,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721
    Actually, the 9-yin techniques are not necessarily simple or direct. Remember the weird snake-like way ZBT was moving when he dodged HYS's attack (when ZBT finally decided to leave the island), or the 9-yin bone claw? So if GJ can master all the stuff in the 9-yin manual, jade maiden manual should be a piece of cake.
    and you saw GJ using that technique...when?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Yeah, but it takes more than knowledge of Left/Right Hand Technique to master the Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts. Gwok Jing is best at simple, direct martial arts such as the Hong Lung 18 Palms. That kind of martial art suits his temperament and personality very well.
    In that case what about GJ and elephant dragon prana? Would he excel on it, and even reaching the highest level perhaps?

  17. #17
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Single Whip
    In that case what about GJ and elephant dragon prana? Would he excel on it, and even reaching the highest level perhaps?
    Maybe, as it is a skill that's more like his style. Wouldn't practicing the Lung Jeung Bor Yeh Gung require an understanding of Buddhism, just as mastering Cheun Jen Sect martial arts and the 9 Yum Jen Ging required an understanding of Taoism? Gwok Jing's lack of a Buddhist background might limit what he can learn of this skill, and of course, it's a very time-consuming skill to learn.

    It does, however, suit his temperament better than the Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts do.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-23-08, 06:36 PM
  2. Could YG have used jade maiden with....
    By batmankiller in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-07, 12:56 AM
  3. LCY martial arts...Jade Maiden Manual
    By Felix in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-07, 10:36 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-07-04, 09:47 PM
  5. Quick question on Jade Maiden
    By commanderkoo in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-04, 01:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •