Thread: Linghu Chong's feelings toward Ren Ying Ying

Default Linghu Chong's feelings toward Ren Ying Ying

Okay, so after watching XAJH 01, I'm kinda confused about this.

IN THE BOOK: In the book, I believe he meets RYY first as Po Po, right? And then he finds out she's a little girl and kisses her, and she slaps her, right? I read that scene in a translation, it was kinda cute. So then I remember him thinking something like "This girl is so good to me, and she's even prettier than Xiao Shi Mei, so why do I keep thinking of Xiao Shi Mei?" So now, my question is: when did LHC start liking RYY?

IN THE 2001 ADAPTION: He met her a gazillion times as Shen Gu. He also meets a Po Po, whom he likes very much. He finds out Po Po is Shen Gu. He's really pissed off. But then RYY hugs him and expresses her feelings, and he hugs her back. BUT he still likes Yue Ling Shan. So now, same question: when did LHC start liking RYY?
    I have a bit of an opinion about this one, since I've actually seen the adaption. I think he always liked RYY, even as Shen Gu, deep down in his heart, because even when he cut her with his sword, he brought her an antidote, even though she's his enemy. And then you could tell LHC still cared a lot about RYY even when YLS was still alive.

So now, what do YOU think? Feel free to also imput your feelings about the other adaptions, related to his matter.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Not sure. Perhaps it was when he started thinking like a man. Something like "Hmm she's hotter and digs me. Xiaoshimei is not as hot and is totally into that metrosexual. Easy decision!"

LHC is a male character that I just don't get. He's not a very realistic one overall.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Not sure. Perhaps it was when he started thinking like a man. Something like "Hmm she's hotter and digs me. Xiaoshimei is not as hot and is totally into that metrosexual. Easy decision!"

LHC is a male character that I just don't get. He's not a very realistic one overall.
    IMHO, LHC is pretty realistic in terms of his romantic attachments.

It would not surprise me that LHC would still have lingering feelings for YLS when he initially met RYY - after all he had been in love with her for ever; although he might not have noticed it himself.

With that in the background, he would need to readjust to a new relationship with RYY which he did pretty well. His declared love for RYY in the later part of the novel shows the growth in their relationship.

Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    It would not surprise me that LHC would still have lingering feelings for YLS when he initially met RYY - after all he had been in love with her for ever; although he might not have noticed it himself.
    Yeah, it does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    With that in the background, he would need to readjust to a new relationship with RYY which he did pretty well. His declared love for RYY in the later part of the novel shows the growth in their relationship.
    Do you have the link for this part in the novel? I really want to read this...please?
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    So then I remember him thinking something like "This girl is so good to me, and she's even prettier than Xiao Shi Mei, so why do I keep thinking of Xiao Shi Mei?" So now, my question is: when did LHC start liking RYY?
    AFAIK, Linghu Chong always had the image of Yue Lingshan in his heart. Perhaps it was not until Chapter 35 could he *really* get rid of Yue Lingshan and fall in love with Yingying:
    盈盈道:“你率领群豪攻打少林寺,我虽然感激,可也没此刻欢喜。倘若我是你的好朋友,陷身少林寺中,你为了 江湖上的义气,也会奋不顾身前来救我。可是这时候你只想到我,没想到你小师妹
    ……”她提到“你小师妹”四字,令狐冲全身一震,脱口而出:“啊哟,咱们快些赶去!
    Yingying said: "When you led many heroes in Jianghu besieging the Shaolin temple I felt very happy but not as much as this moment, because even if I were a good friend of yours who was being imprisoned in the Shaolin temple, you due to nobility would most likely be willing to sacrifice yourself to rescue me. Yet now you're only thinking of me, totally forget your little martial sister..."
    When she mentioned the 4 words "your little martial sister", Linghu Chong's body shook, he cried hastily: "A yo, we must run after them right now!"

(pardon me for the poor translation).
    I have a bit of an opinion about this one, since I've actually seen the adaption. I think he always liked RYY, even as Shen Gu, deep down in his heart, because even when he cut her with his sword, he brought her an antidote, even though she's his enemy. And then you could tell LHC still cared a lot about RYY even when YLS was still alive.
    Not sure about adaptations, but in the available English translation of XAJH so far (Chapter 1 -> Chapter 32), whenever it comes to his little martial sister, Linghu Chong'd always acted as if he's an annoying dumb.
    So now, what do YOU think? Feel free to also imput your feelings about the other adaptions, related to his matter.
    IMHO, up to this time, there's been no adaptation of XAJH coming close to the novel. XAJH 2001 and XAJH 1998 are the so-called 2 best amongst XAJH's adaptations, but they're just so-so.
    Swordsman II is pretty interesting with Brigitte Lin as Dongfang Bubai, only that I don't think it can be called a XAJH adaptation.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 02-10-07 at 02:59 AM.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    AFAIK, Linghu Chong always had the image of Yue Lingshan in his heart. Perhaps it was not until Chapter 35 could he *really* get rid of Yue Lingshan and fall in love with Yingying:
    盈盈道:“你率领群豪攻打少林寺,我虽然感激,可也没此刻欢喜。倘若我是你的好朋友,陷身少林寺中,你为了 江湖上的义气,也会奋不顾身前来救我。可是这时候你只想到我,没想到你小师妹
    ……”她提到“你小师妹”四字,令狐冲全身一震,脱口而出:“啊哟,咱们快些赶去!
    Yingying said: "When you led many heroes in Jianghu besieging the Shaolin temple I felt very happy but not as much as this moment, because even if I were a good friend of yours who was being imprisoned in the Shaolin temple, you due to nobility would most likely be willing to sacrifice yourself rescueing me. Yet now you're only thinking of me, totally forget your little martial sister..."
    When she mentioned the 4 words "your little martial sister", Linghu Chong's body shook, he cried hastily: "A yo, we must run after them right now!"

(pardon me for the poor translation).

Not sure about adaptations, but in the available English translation of XAJH so far (Chapter 1 -> Chapter 32), whenever it comes to his little martial sister, Linghu Chong'd always acted as if he's an annoying dumb.

IMHO, up to this time, there's been no adaptation of XAJH coming close to the novel. XAJH 2001 and XAJH 1998 are the so-called 2 best amongst XAJH's adaptations, but they're just so-so.
    Swordsman II is pretty interesting with Brigitte Lin as Dongfang Bubai, only that I don't think it can be called a XAJH adaptation.
    The year is 1996 not 1998. And I disagree about it being So-so. Aiyoh! You and I are fated to always disagree with each other.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

@Suet Seung (Xue Yang 雪楊 in Mandarin?):
    No problem, you can disagree with me on *anything*, that's your own choice, your own fate, not mine. I don't care since that doesn't have anything to do with my mind. The _only thing, the _first thing and also the _last thing I can say about this matter is that if an adaptation does not observe the essence of the novel, it should be considered so-so or crappy depending on the extent of the deviation.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    @Suet Seung (Xue Yang 雪楊 in Mandarin?):
    No problem, you can disagree with me on *anything*, that's your own choice, your own fate, not mine. I don't care since that doesn't have anything to do with my mind. The _only thing, the _first thing and also the _last thing I can say about this matter is that if an adaptation does not observe the essence of the novel, it should be considered so-so or crappy depending on the extent of the deviation.
    Actually, I think these are the characters: 雪 露.

I understand everyone has different opinions and perspectives on things and that they also have different preferences. I also know that people have different standards for certain things. The impression I get from your posts is that your standards are very high (could be higher than most mountains sometimes) and so its hard to satisfy your standards. I don't know if its good or bad to have such high standards or tight knit preferences (not easily moved or changed thoughts/opinions), it just seems to limit the enjoyment , appreciation, and acceptance of the adaptation in question. I mean, theres a set of views and preference but there should be room or an open mind to accept something new or different.

Perhaps the reason I'm speaking up about this is because I like the portrayal of the XAJH1996 adaptation. The adaptation suited my standards and for whatever minor flaws they have in making it, it wasn't too big for me to complain about it or drop it into a "so-so or crap category". For me, there were more noticeable merits/qualities rather than flaws in that adaptation.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Actually, I think these are the characters: 雪 露.
    雪霜 fits better.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    雪霜 fits better.
    Is that so, Huang shifu? Oookie! You're usually quite accurate so I'll go with you on that.

And in pinyin HR, it's Xue3 Shuang1.

Oh man, I need coffee.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

LHC likes older woman. so when he thought she was an old lady, he fell for head over heels, but when he finds out she was a young girl, he was disappointed but hid his feelings.(ha, ha). shout out if you believe me.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/