Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should we switch to Vista or continue using Win XP?

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    after months of playing and testing Vista on my dev PC, i finally installed Vista Ultimate on my HTPC.

I waited this long to install Vista on the HTPC because I have so many addon cards and devices that didn't have Vista compatible drivers during Vista's release.

The installation was clean - i didn't experience any issues.

Performance wise, I didn't see any drop or gain over XP, and I can't be bothered running a benchmark program.
    So which do you prefer, XP or VISTA? I personally didn't try VISTA yet so I'm kinda curious if its worth getting it.

u dont need vista to run IE7
    is it the browser or the website or the popup/spam program thats not loading the video?
    I checked the security report on the MSN Video site and it apparently gathers a bunch of personal data about your computer system and web brousing. I guess my Firewall was just doing its job and blocked the site. I can do without it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    I checked the security report on the MSN Video site and it apparently gathers a bunch of personal data about your computer system and web brousing. I guess my Firewall was just doing its job and blocked the site. I can do without it.
    LOL! its easier to blame IE when things go wrong
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

LOL! its easier to blame IE when things go wrong
    Nope. The MSN Video sites was a stand-alone problem but IE 7 frequently says a site is unavailable but a click on the refresh button brings the site up. It's a very frequent occurrence that was very infrequent in EI 6.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Nope. The MSN Video sites was a stand-alone problem but IE 7 frequently says a site is unavailable but a click on the refresh button brings the site up. It's a very frequent occurrence that was very infrequent in EI 6.
    i really think this bug you're talking about is not a bug. i've been using IE7 since beta version, and i have not encountered this bug. however, after installing Vista, and browsing (using IE7) to some codec site, i kept on getting site not found or unavailable message. i know the site is up becos i could do it on my XP laptop. i tried refreshing it, but the same error message appeared. then i tried changing IE7 security level to minimum and voila, the site page loads up.
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

Default News on Vista

Take a look at this [there are a couple of similar items about Vista on the dailyrotation site]:
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/software/...ths-304883.php