Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

Ah there we go. It doesn't work on YNT. No wonder she was unsure whether she could win. Still, absorbing martial arts always have the clause where you can come back after absorbing a bunch of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

Xu Zi Ya asked, “Yan Nan Tian has no weapons?”

Xiao Man replied, “No, neither of them has any.”

Xu Zi Ya furrowed his brow and mumbled, “I’ve long heard that Yan Nan Tian’s sword skill is unparalleled in the world, so why didn’t he use something he has an advantage over? Why didn’t he use a sword to fight? Or could it be that after all these years he has learnt a set of fist styles that he is confident of winning Floral Palace’s palm styles?”

It must be known that the Floral Palace’s palm styles and internal energy rules the world, so he does not say that Yan Nan Tian has also mastered a ‘palm style’ but used the words ‘fist styles’ instead.”

Because he thinks that there can’t possibly be another palm style that can be comparable to the Floral Palace’s, and also his area of expertise is not in palm styles.

These paragraph explains that if they both were to duel, Yan Nan Tian would have lose. It is clear that in order to be able to match
    Princess Yao Yue, he needs weapons!!!!!Unfortunately he must have been overconfident that he decided to fight bare handed. What a moron.

Alas Princess Yao Yue is only not sure about winning. Plus she had ulterior motives in delaying her duel with Yan Nan Tian which is about XYE & HWQ.
    From my interpretation, XYE purposely decided to delay YNT from dueling because he was quite sure that YNT couldn't defeat Princess Yao Yue.

Note: From other versions, when they 4 were trap in the rat cave,
    Princess Lian Xing did say that Yan Nan Tian has absolutely no
    chance of defeating Princess Yao Yue. But she didn't say that
    her sister would win either. That might have made XYE nervous.

Suprisingly they both decided to halt the duel. Why Princess Yao Yue wanted to delay it is understandable. But why Yan Nan Tian wanted to delay it seems ridiculous.

Yan Nan Tian surely has deep hatred for her as well as JBH. Even if he cannot be compared to Princess Yao Yue, he can try to kill her and then watch the duel between XYE and HWQ.

So my conclusion is that either Yan Nan Tian is afraid/unsure about dueling with Princess Yao Yue or Gu Long has already lost his mind. This is clearly illogical in the story device!!!!!!!

And to Chronoreverse, Princess Yao Yue not only can absorb energy from her opponent but from the external environment as well. Notice the ground description when it was upwards instead of downwards. So when they both fight, Princess Yao Yue do not need to run away to absorb other ppl's energy...

My money is on the Floral Princess.....Hopefully we can see her chopping Yan Nan Tian's head off......

Errr... I don't quite agree with you there.

These paragraph explains that if they both were to duel, Yan Nan Tian would have lose. It is clear that in order to be able to match
    First of all, the quotes you showed were nothing more than opinions. Even worse, they are opinions by characters who are not really aware of everything that has come to pass. As such, they are not "absolute truths".

Also, you should remember that in this last bit Jean posted, their opinion seems to have been reversed. That is not completely clear, so I may be mistaken.

Suprisingly they both decided to halt the duel. Why Princess Yao Yue wanted to delay it is understandable. But why Yan Nan Tian wanted to delay it seems ridiculous.
    I don't see how it would be ridiculous for him to halt the fight. If she refused to fight would you expect him to attack her when she turned his back on him? He is not a dishonorable character.

My money is on Xiao Yu.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Errr... I don't quite agree with you there.

First of all, the quotes you showed were nothing more than opinions. Even worse, they are opinions by characters who are not really aware of everything that has come to pass. As such, they are not "absolute truths".

Also, you should remember that in this last bit Jean posted, their opinion seems to have been reversed. That is not completely clear, so I may be mistaken.

I don't see how it would be ridiculous for him to halt the fight. If she refused to fight would you expect him to attack her when she turned his back on him? He is not a dishonorable character.

My money is on Xiao Yu.
    Errrm well he is definetely honorable. But he can still insist to fight. I can't believe someone consumed with rage and revenge would allow his opponent to delay the duel......Maybe wuxia ethics are rather strange.

Well it is true that those are the opinions of bystanders. But I believe they do have high amount of martial arts knowledge. It is unlikely for a large amount of ppl to have wrong misconceptions. Possible but unlikely. And the part where it says that the Floral Palace mastery of palm styles and internal energy isn't an opinion and it looks more like facts.

Overall Gu Long did make it vague. So we need more ppl to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendroid King View Post
    Overall Gu Long did make it vague. So we need more ppl to judge.
    Gulong did mentioned in The Legend of the Big Flag Hero that IF there's only one skill which is able to win the Clear Jade Skill, it MUST be The Wedding Robe Skill.

To me, these 2 are equally powerfull.
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐

Hahahaha

who cares about the duel!!

I wana know what XYE got GRY to do!!

and I cant wait for XYE to pull more tricks.. i mean you can read about duels all you like in other novels.. but to hear about XYE little jokes and tricks.. you never find in any other book..!!!!

Did the Floral Princesses teach HWQ the 'Clear Jade Skill'?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I don't think HWQ knows Clear Jade skil coz only YY knows the skill and she learn that in the cave.

Quote Originally Posted by overjoy71 View Post
    I don't think HWQ knows Clear Jade skil coz only YY knows the skill and she learn that in the cave.
    Actually both FP know the skill, but only YY manage to reach the highest level in the cave.

to continue....

Gu Ren Yu sighed, “It’s only now that I understand that we’ve all misunderstood him, he’s really not a bad person.”

Little Fairy blinked, “How did he make you change your mind? That little imp is quite capable.”

Gu Ren Yu replied, “Jiang Bie He and his son were thinking of tricking Hero Yan, and the deliberately pretended not to know each other so that Jiang Yu Lang can find a chance to save his father, and then find a way to kill Hero Yan.”

Little Fairy said with hatred, “I’ve long known that father and son were nothing good.”

Gu Ren Yu continued, “But after what Hero Yan has encountered in the Valley of Evil, he is no longer the same person he was before. Very quickly he saw through their ploy so he heavy handedly destroyed their martial arts first before trapping them in a cave so that Xiao Yu’er can personally avenge his parents.”

Little Fairy clapped and laughed, “I did not expect that father and son would have a day like this. This news really makes one overjoyed.”

Gu Ren Yu sighed, “But if it’s not for Xiao Yu’er, who would have known that this father and son pair are such unscrupulous villains?”

Little Fairy replied, “That’s right, in all his life, at least he did something good. But what is it that he wanted you to do then?”

Gu Ren Yu replied, “He wants me to release them.”

Little Fairy exclaimed in surprise, “Release them?”

Gu Ren Yu replied, “That’s right, not only does he want me to release them, but he wants me to find them a place where they can settle down. Because they are now crippled, they no longer have the will to live.” He sucked in his breath and continued, “Besides, for people who roam the martial arts realm, they will surely have made enemies. If they know that they have lost their martial arts, they will certainly come to seek revenge, so naturally there’s no way they can go back. That’s why Xiao Yu’er wants me to arrange for them to work as gardeners at the Gu’s family mansion, at least they will freeze or die of hunger, and need not fear people looking for them for revenge.”

Little Fairy was stunned, “Jiang Bie He caused the death of his parents, not only is he not taking revenge personally, but he is afraid that others will seek revenge on them. What is that little imp up to again?”

Gu Ren Yu explained, “Although Jiang Bie He has let his parents down, but he thinks that such a punishment is enough. He feels that ‘seeking revenge, an eye for an eye’, is not a very smart thinking. Those in the martial arts world have been led controlled by such a thinking, and have done so many silly things, so he’s determined not to follow in their steps.”

Little Fairy said, “A father’s revenge is comparable to heaven. He’s not going to avenge his father, can he still consider himself his son?”

Gu Ren Yu said, “He thinks that it’s not necessary to kill someone to consider that a revenge has been taken, and he has no wish to kill two useless, handicapped people. Maybe others will think that his thinking is wrong, but he feels that as long as he can answer to his conscience, he does not care what others think about him.”

Little Fairy asked, “You think…” Gu Ren Yu answered seriously, “I think that what he did was correct as well. The word ‘revenge’ has caused harm to countless people. Who knows how many people are dying everyday in the pugilistic world because of revenge. If everyone thinks the same way as Xiao Yu’er, I believe that everyone’s life will be a lot more peaceful.” He looked deep into Little Fairy’s eyes and said gently, “Heaven created men, not for the purpose of men killing one another, right?”

Little Fairy asked, “Then, why didn’t he release them himself?”

Gu Ren Yu replied, “He’s afraid that Hero Yan will not agree with his thinking, so he does not want Hero Yan to find out for the time being.”

Little Fairy said, “So he’s still up to his tricks, still lying to others.”

Gu Ren Yu replied, “That’s right, it’s true that he frequently tricks and lies to others, but his intent has always been kind. I think anyone who is wise will not think that his tricks are used wrongly.”

Little Fairy was stunned for a moment and said with a bitter smile, “He really is a strange person, and no one can figure out if he’s really a good man, or a bad one.”

Oh boy, we are not going to see the Jiangs again?

Thats quite a surprise off-screen ending for them if its true!

How Gu Long!

So, was it mentioned if HWQ did or did not learn the Clear Jade Skill from either Princess?
    Last edited by CC; 08-08-07 at 04:07 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Oh boy, we are not going to see the Jiangs again?

Thats quite a surprise off-screen ending for them if its true!

How Gu Long!

So, was it mentioned if HWQ did or did not learn the Clear Jade Skill from either Princess?
    UNLESS they now learn the Wedding Robe Skill!!! There are so many twists from GL that we have to expect anything Even with their twisted little minds, they can probably still cause trouble.

Leaving the Jiangs alive is not a smart move.

Even without their martial arts they are still cunning and dangerous. They remind me of that Xiao Long kid from Little Li's Flying Dagger.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *kicking and screaming* NOOOOOOOOO!!!

i want them to die a horrible, painful death! they deserve the worst punishment for their evil crimes. losing their martial arts does NOT equate to being crippled .

that's way too kind of XYE! those 2 can still stir up trouble with their polluted minds. damn, i feel like banging XYE's head with something. justice is not done why? WHY?! i'm so angry now .

*kicking and screaming again*

I agree, although XYE has a point about the revenge of his parents being already obtained, there's still the matter of the other rapings and subsequent crimes of theirs to consider.

XYE doing that shows that he can be considered a hero, and most of us here, well, not so flattering.

I do agree with most of you though, I really wanted that Jiang Yu Lang to get the worst ending possible.

I support Xiao Yu'er's actions but I can't help but there is more to releasing the Jiang father and son that meets the eye.

Im sure that it is not the end of the father, son pair.
    they will be back, stiring trouble in no time.

i'm a new comer here

thanks a lot jean

i hope this series will have happy ending one

gu long >>>>>> Dendroid King vbmenu_register("postmenu_731041", true);

not sure but maybe electric shock therapy will help you to understand the plot.