Thread: Ah Chu's plan: dependent on Deun Jing Tsun's tardiness?

Default Ah Chu's plan: dependent on Deun Jing Tsun's tardiness?

Ah Chu's plan to sacrifice herself to prevent Kiu Fung from killing her father Deun Jing Tsun worked only because Deun Jing Tsun was apparently tardy to their meeting on the bridge at three in the morning. What was Ah Chu going to do if the real Deun Jing Tsun had already been there?

In the pathetic Taiwan version with Austin Wai as Kiu Fung, Ah Zhu went to her father's place. I think she told him that Kiu Fung has forgiven him DJT as long as he repents for everything that he did. The meeting at three was off.

Did this happen in the novel?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    In the pathetic Taiwan version with Austin Wai as Kiu Fung, Ah Zhu went to her father's place. I think she told him that Kiu Fung has forgiven him DJT as long as he repents for everything that he did. The meeting at three was off.

Did this happen in the novel?
    That's similar to what happened in the novel. Ah Zhu disguised as Qiao Feng and went to tell her father that the meeting was canceled. By the way, the movie wasn't that pathetic. It had good fight scenes.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    That's similar to what happened in the novel. Ah Zhu disguised as Qiao Feng and went to tell her father that the meeting was canceled. By the way, the movie wasn't that pathetic. It had good fight scenes.
    Did Ah Zhu say anything about "Just do good benefits to repay your debts or anything?"

Oh, I meant pathetic as in the faithfulness of it to the novel. It deviated way so much...As a series itself, I enjoyed it the first time I saw it. The biggest changes I noticed were making Duan Yu and Xu Zhu into one person. Ah Zhu and Ah Zi being twins. Duan Yu's Angelic sister being just an old woman who looks young forever being in some ice sculpture!!! Oh, how about Hung 7 Gong being the ascendant of Kiu fung?!?

Austin's Kiu Fung death scene I thought was the best one done.

Did Ah Zhu say anything about "Just do good benefits to repay your debts or anything?"

Oh, I meant pathetic as in the faithfulness of it to the novel. It deviated way so much...As a series itself, I enjoyed it the first time I saw it. The biggest changes I noticed were making Duan Yu and Xu Zhu into one person. Ah Zhu and Ah Zi being twins. Duan Yu's Angelic sister being just an old woman who looks young forever being in some ice sculpture!!! Oh, how about Hung 7 Gong being the ascendant of Kiu fung?!?

OMG! Remember that scene where they had TSTL as a kid and trapped in a cage? The old guy at that manor even had an obsession with XLN and they mentioned XLN and Condor Hero. That was horrible. The time period was all mixed up there.

And Xu Zhu's mom in that version became MRF's mom instead. That pathetic deviations for you.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

OK, then we're talking about different adaptions. The one I'm talking about is the DGSD 1982 movie with Austin Wai as Murong Fu. When I saw you mention Austin Wai, I automatically thought of this movie even though you had said he played Qiao Feng. Which series are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    OK, then we're talking about different adaptions. The one I'm talking about is the DGSD 1982 movie with Austin Wai as Murong Fu. When I saw you mention Austin Wai, I automatically thought of this movie even though you had said he played Qiao Feng. Which series are you referring to?
    No, Dragon Story was decent. I don't expect too much from a movie version of JY novels.

The one I am talking about is Taiwan version of DGSD. The year was roughly around 1994. Austin Wai played Kiu Fung, Eddie Kwan played Duan Yu.

Yes, very stupid series if you strictly based off of the novel. In fact, we are talking about crappy versions. DGSD81 is far from being the worse JY adaptation, because Taiwan DGSD has that honor. I heard that if you end DGSD81 after Kiu Fung dies, it is not that bad of an adaptation.

Further stupid stuff in DGSD Taiwan.

Mu Wan Qing dies saving Duan Yu, because she still was unable to get over the fact he was his brother.

Any clue of Madam Ma liking Kiu Fung is nonexistence in here.

Duan Yanqing (Dy biological father) was not crippled on both legs. He was more like hobbling around using a walking cane.

LQS was Duan Yu's angelic sister (recall her looking young forever).

Wuyazi fell in love with LQS sister upon seeing her once while she was sick. That was it!

MRB and XYS got killed by someone. He looks nothing like a Sweeper Monk.

The only wives who died were DY mom and WYY mom. The mother of Ah Zhu and Ah Zi survived and no longer shown. MWQ mother died afte MWQ committed suicide. Bo Bo stayed with her old husband.

Jiumozhi just disappeared, he never lost his power to Duan Yu (right?, can anyone confirm).

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    OMG! Remember that scene where they had TSTL as a kid and trapped in a cage? The old guy at that manor even had an obsession with XLN and they mentioned XLN and Condor Hero. That was horrible. The time period was all mixed up there.

And Xu Zhu's mom in that version became MRF's mom instead. That pathetic deviations for you.
    Don't forget the real son of MRB was some pathetic monk, lol.

Now that you mentioned it, that means DGSD according to this series was after not only LOCH, but also after ROCH. Haha, maybe this is what happened between ROCH and HSDS!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

For a long time, I thought DGSD was after ROCH, according to this series. I made myself sound stupid when I would debate with people that DGSD is after ROCH (real life friends who have seen DGSD81).

Mu Wan Qing dies saving Duan Yu, because she still was unable to get over the fact he was his brother.

Duan Yanqing (Dy biological father) was not crippled on both legs. He was more like hobbling around using a walking cane.
    Oddly, DGSD '81 had these two particular modifications as well. I'm guessing the Taiwanese adaptation took its cues from DGSD '81 here.

What would of had happened if Kiu Fung killed Ah Zhu without finding out that Ah Zhu was disguised as DJT? What would Kiu Fung do upon finding out that Ah Zhu was missing? For sure he would go out looking for her, but we all know that he'd never find her. And what would happen if someday he ran into the real DJT agian?

What would have happened if Ding Chunqiu (who came along to chase Ah Zhi)used some ancient necromatic Xiao Yao manual to revive Ah Zhu in ZOMBIE form? In the ZOMBIE desireless state, it can then master the Yijinjing manual (100%, unlike YTZ's 60-70%)together with the Yoga skill. Combined with the silk-iceworm used in reviving her, can ZOMBIE Ah Zhu with the fused Yijinjing, Yoga and Silkiceworm Poison overcome even Sweeper Monk?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Wow. That's one horrible adaption!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

that was the only adaption i watched when i was young...now you can imagine the shock when i encountered the real thing
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    What would have happened if Ding Chunqiu (who came along to chase Ah Zhi)used some ancient necromatic Xiao Yao manual to revive Ah Zhu in ZOMBIE form? In the ZOMBIE desireless state, it can then master the Yijinjing manual (100%, unlike YTZ's 60-70%)together with the Yoga skill. Combined with the silk-iceworm used in reviving her, can ZOMBIE Ah Zhu with the fused Yijinjing, Yoga and Silkiceworm Poison overcome even Sweeper Monk?
    The God of Entertaining Scenarios!

That reminds me of Zu Mountain Saga. Pretty girls getting possessed by demons.

That guy for some reason looked so creepy. I was feeling uneasy at this part. I was so glad to see MuRong Fu kill the old guy. Freaky man.