View Poll Results: If Yin Susu were still alive, who would become her only Daughter-in-law?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xiao Zhao

17 30.91%
  • Yin Li (Zhu'er)

7 12.73%
  • Zhao Min

25 45.45%
  • Zhou Zhirou

3 5.45%
  • No idea

3 5.45%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If Yin Susu were still alive, who would become her only Daughter-in-law?

Default If Yin Susu were still alive, who would become her only Daughter-in-law?

In HSDS, while she was dying, Yin Susu used herself as an instance to teach her son Wuji that womankind's mind was very wicked and the more beautiful a girl/woman was the more dangerous she would be.
    I know she did so just because she wanted Wuji to be cautious and not have a tragic fate like his father's, not because she was biased against beautiful girls.
    Later on, Wuji had 4 loved girls: Zhao Min, Xiao Zhao, Yin Li (a.k.a Zhu'er) and Zhou Zhiruo, they were all very beautiful but various in personality.
    If Yin Susu were still alive, which one among those 4 girls would she choose to be her _only_ Daughter-in-law?

Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Interesting poll... me thinks she will give for ZM cos of her cleverness
    TaZzY InC

Zhu'er, 'cuz beautiful women cannot be trusted.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Of course she'd pick me, Zhao Min

I think Yin Susu would understand the tough situation Zhao Min is going through - I mean, with her and Zhang Cuishan, Yin Susu came from the supposedly evil Ming Cult, while Zhang Cuishan was a Wudang disciple. However, they loved each other and eventually had Wuji. Similarly, Zhao Min and Zhang Wuji came from different backgrounds and were meant to be enemies under the context of war. I think Yin Susu would support Zhao Min in her determination.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    Zhu'er, 'cuz beautiful women cannot be trusted.
    In fact, Zhu'er was described not less beautiful than the others, she became ugly only because of training 1000 Spider Hand. If she accepted to give up that evil skill, she would be back to her original beautiful appearance.
    ===============
    I really can't choose one among Zhao Min and Xiao Zhao.

Even though Zhao Min and Yin Susu resemble each other but Xiao Zhao is one of the most gentle and righteous girls in Jin Yong's universe. Yin Susu would probably like her son to be with Xiao Zhao.

As for Zhu'er and Zhiruo, I think they'd stand no chance. The former has an abnormal mentality, and the latter is too perfidious.
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    In fact, Zhu'er was described not less beautiful than the others, she became ugly only because of training 1000 Spider Hand. If she accepted to give up that evil skill, she would be back to her original beautiful appearance.
    Well, Zhu'er does have the relationship to Yin Susu's side of the family. Maybe that'd give her an edge?

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    I really can't choose one among Zhao Min and Xiao Zhao.
    Zhao Min! Zhao Min! Zhao Min!

I think personal feelings will eventually outweigh her "it would be better for Wuji to be with Xiao Zhao" feelings.

Basically, I think Zhao Min would be the girl Yin Susu would want Wuji to be with, but Xiao Zhao would be the girl Yin Susu knows she should want Wuji to be with. God that was phrased horribly - what is happening to my English?
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

after taking the sacrifices for ZWJ of those two girls into consideration, i finally picked up Zhao Min for him. Zhao Min's care and love for Wuji are not less than Xiao Zhao's regarding heartiness. Zhao Min would win Yin Susu's favor because she takes after her mother-in-law both in personality and situation.
    Sparky, good luck .
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。

Based on the last statement that Yin Susu said, Zhu Er. ZZR is beautiful. XC is exotic beautiful. And sadly, being honest, I hear that ZM is supposed to be the 1st place out of the four.

Yin Susu would not want either ZM or ZZR. XC perhaps, but then XC for a while pretend to be ugly when she first met CMK. If this was known to YSS, she probably thinks XC is the one with the most stuff up her sleeve. So I say Zhu Er.

CCS, he might go with what his son asks. If CMK picks ZM, the only way I see it, is if ZM leaves the Mongolian side to be on CMK side.

I don't think CCS will think highly of ZM (setup attack on his master). He definitely will dislike ZZR (turn against his sworn brother Golden Mane Lion King). Chu Er and Xiao Ciao, Hmm. CCS will probably want one of these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    If CMK picks ZM, the only way I see it, is if ZM leaves the Mongolian side to be on CMK side.
    She was clearly willing to do that for Zhang Wuji.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Based on the last statement that Yin Susu said, Zhu Er. ZZR is beautiful. XC is exotic beautiful. And sadly, being honest, I hear that ZM is supposed to be the 1st place out of the four.
    I always thought Xiao Zhao was the most beautiful, followed by Zhao Min. Zhu'er was going to be beautiful too, except she had a taste for poisons, so it didn't work out. Zhu'er is also a close relative of Yin Susu's, but I think eventually Yin Susu would connect with Zhao Min, realise her love towards Wuji is sincere, and let Wuji have his own freedom in choosing a bride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I always thought Xiao Zhao was the most beautiful, followed by Zhao Min. Zhu'er was going to be beautiful too, except she had a taste for poisons, so it didn't work out. Zhu'er is also a close relative of Yin Susu's, but I think eventually Yin Susu would connect with Zhao Min, realise her love towards Wuji is sincere, and let Wuji have his own freedom in choosing a bride.
    Wow, you really thought so. From what I heard, Zhao Min is the best looking of the 4. Not to say that the others are way below her, but something like if ZM was a 10, XC and ZZR are 9.5s, and Chu Er is at least an 8.

YSS, she might pick ZM, but only if she was able to live through life of HSDS. At first sight, I think YSS will see ZM is pretty, and her philosophy is still the same. YSS must judge ZM from beginning to end in order for her to judge ZM fairly.

CCS, I think he will listen to his master. Since C3F seems to be ok with CMK liking ZM, at the end, I don't think CCS would object either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    She was clearly willing to do that for Zhang Wuji.

lol zhao min and yin susu had no connection wat so ever. i honestly think that it could be zhu er cause they are somewhat related and cousin love was not illegal back then.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    lol zhao min and yin susu had no connection wat so ever. i honestly think that it could be zhu er cause they are somewhat related and cousin love was not illegal back then.
    yeah, those old folks like to keep it in the family. and since they are cross-cousins, it would be welcome.

for those of you who don't know the anthropological term, follow the link below:

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_cousin ]
    Last edited by resident:alien; 02-19-07 at 08:46 PM.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

zhao min for sure, both of them are straight forward and criticized by being "evil"
    在下日月神教陸教主是也

I thought ZZR and ZM were close in beauty as ZM always considered ZZR a competition to her.. not sure who was more beautiful though

YSS would definitely pick ZZR! ZZR is similar to herself - cold and ruthless before she fell in love with her husband
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller
    I thought ZZR and ZM were close in beauty as ZM always considered ZZR a competition to her.. not sure who was more beautiful though
    According to ZWJ, ZM is more beautiful than ZZR!

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    According to ZWJ, ZM is more beautiful than ZZR!
    Only because she asked him right on the spot under candlelight...

Sometimes, you've got to "cover your own act."

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    YSS would definitely pick ZZR! ZZR is similar to herself - cold and ruthless before she fell in love with her husband
    I would say that ZM is more similar to YSS in terms of "cold and ruthless" before they reformed for love.

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    Only because she asked him right on the spot under candlelight...
    and your point is? i will take his admission at face value becos zwj doesn't have a lying bone in his body.

Well, sometimes you've go to lie to get by.

Not that I would do that, but when a lady asks you straight up...you don't want to disappoint.