Thread: Making Miracles 奇迹

Default Making Miracles 奇迹

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/7820/phpudvrybzg1.jpg')

Anybody watching this series? It is a series about a hospital and the doctors.
    http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/shows/drama/view/834/1/.html (<-- contain spoilers)

From what I've seen in the 1st episode, it is quite good.

Red face

***may contain spoilers***

i watched MM on mobtv when they gave the sneak preview of the entire show. to be honest, im quite disappointed with it. considering that its from a famous producer (yeo saik pin) and with all the hype about it; i expected it to be a somewhat big and quality production, but its quite pathetic actually. the entire hospital only has the same old handful of people with only 1 doctor in each dept (fann wong, terence cao, darren lim, zheng ge ping, jiang dawei & 1 other younger dude doctor). as for the nurses, one huge hospital only has like carole lin and joanne peh as nurses. it is so terribly unconvincing! somtimes i actually wondered if it was a clinic rather than a hospital. even a polyclinic has more staff than that!

o well, as for the story, i think the medical cases are only so-so, not very intriguing. the character relationships are...alright i guess. i think out of the whole show, i only loved watching the relationship between fann wong, ezann lee (as fann's mentally disabled sister/cousin) and justin (the young boy i.e. fann's adopted son). the scenes they have together are so heartwarming! and the part where the boy dies, omg, it really made me cry! i must say that they really have great chemistry together and they did a good job!

but yeah, other than this, the show didnt really captivate me much. most of the time i was fast-forwarding through or even skipping episodes. i think the only reason as to why i watched it was cos there was nothing much else on mobtv and i didnt want to waste my subscription fee for that month!

sorry and no offence to the fans and whoever, but i have to admit that MM doesnt really match up to all that hype and standard. i think The Peak is still the best drama so far this year. also, if MCS really wants to make hospital dramas, perhaps they should try learning from TVB. Gimme Healing Hands anytime! Even HH3 is far better than this, imho.

Hmm... it sounds disappointing. Thanks for the review.

I watched today's episode, despite missing last night's and I find it to be quite good. I'm going to be optimistic although past records (and too many of them) showed that even dramas with promising first few episodes gets... well, less than satisfying.

I will remain optimistic. ^__^
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

As I watch today's episode, I feel that episodes shown at hospitals (of any show's, not just this one) are pretty unrealistic. Poor or rich, they go straight into Class A ward. Heh.

does TVB hav anything to do with this series?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    does TVB hav anything to do with this series?
    Why do you ask that?

Quote Originally Posted by convoy
    Why do you ask that?
    i think maybe there is an hongkong actor inside..that's why maybe he thinks that TVB got to do with this series..This drama was kinda nice for me..Hope the ending won't disapoint me..

I have been seeing this show on and off and I think its pretty good.

This serial has character representations from both end of the spectrum for me.

For the character that's good, I have a special liking for Terence Cao's character, Wen Jie ren. I think he's very principled and has character. Very rare character that actually stands out. I like this character. There's a line on relationship he said 'There's a reason why every relationship started and ended'. I thought that was some quote and totally agreed with it.

And for the character I think is pure cruel is Shaun Chen's character who is a scumbag here and he's so good at it that I even wonder if any of the traits displayed comes from his real personality but this is purely my own thoughts.
    Last edited by strawberry; 03-20-07 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    And for the character I think is pure cruel is Shaun Chen's character who is a scumbag here and he's so good at it that I even wonder if any of the traits displayed comes from his real personality but this is purely my own thoughts.
    1) He's not a bad actor.
    2) He does have a dangerous bad-boy look.

i hate fann's ugly hairstyle. how often do you see pple with such weird bangs, cant it be more natural.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    i hate fann's ugly hairstyle. how often do you see pple with such weird bangs, cant it be more natural.

Yeah I don't like that hairstyle of hers too! It's horrible!

super nice show. anw, when fann's hair was really short, it wasnt that nice, but there were a few parts when the hairstyle looks ok, and in fact, it looks real cute.

hahas.. i watch this show on n off.. but i like it better than the peak.. maybe cos of the actors in it.. ^^

the theme songs are great!

I like John Chiang in this series.

Storyline? It was just okay for me.

i personally thought MM was an above average production (relatively speaking of course). Love John Chiang in this series, fantastic acting !

the actors not bad.. but cant mediacorp be creative to come out wif their story? 30% copied shiroi kyoto.. 1st epd is almost the same!!! very disappointed as dey cant come out wif their own storyline and jus copy other's work.. IMO

i'm such a big fan of Fann wong.. omg seeing her hairstyle kills me.. what was she thinking???? i felt like she woke up one morning and decided to chop it off without thinking.....it's horrible.
    i actually like her to end up with the other guy.. and story doesn't really have much depth..and the pairing of the young girl and the 52 man.. isn't really that sweet.. i think it's so unrealistic and gross...if he would really care for her he wouldnt marry her when she's so young.. he's gonna die in 20 years.. what is she gonna do!

sorry for reviving this thread, wonder what happened in the ending coz i missed it? i was on to the part where zhengbang loses his memory. does he end up wif fann? and oh yea i dun like her hairstyle either. but she look good in star award!!