Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [K-Drama] With's Amusement aka Witch Yoo Hee

Talking [K-Drama] Witch's Amusement aka Witch Yoo Hee

This series is almost coming out...it looks promising since many korean dramas since the beginning of 2007 is pretty crappy (for me...). The actors is pretty famous and familiar...the lead girl from super rookie, the supporting actor from Goong, the lead actor from Sassy Girl...and Hyun Bin's (My Name is Kim Sam Soon) current girlfriend!

Here's the details:

Title: 마녀유희
    English Title: Witch Amusement / Witch Yoo Hee
    Genre: Comedy, romance
    Episodes: 16
    Broadcast network: SBS
    Broadcast period: 2007-Mar-21 to 2007
    Air time: Wednesdays & Thursdays 21:55

Synopsis
    Ma Yoo Hee has an independent personality and is the only daughter of the owner of an advertisement company. She works as an advertisement planner. After she is introduced to Jae Mo Ryong, who is a student learning cooking, she falls in love with him. Dennis Oh will play a famous French Chef from America. He is perfect guy named Johnny Kruger from New York. He plays a big part in hooking up Ma Yoo-Hee and Jae Mo Ryong. Jang Sung Mi is the ex-girlfriend of Mo Ryong.

Cast
    Han Ga In as Ma Yoo Hee
    Jae Hee as Jae Mo Ryong
    Kim Jeong Hoon as Yoo Joon Ha
    Jun Hye Bin as Jang Sung Mi
    Dennis Oh as Jamie Oliver
    Extended Cast

Ahn Suk Hwan
    Jung Dong Il as Lee Tim Chang
    Hwang Ji Hyun

For more details, please go to http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Witch_Amusement
    Last edited by j-walker; 03-11-07 at 01:21 PM.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

Ooo THis SERIes looks Awesome! I Can't wait!

cool looking casts.
    i want to see it...when i have time.

I think you mispelled the the title. You think its going to be crappy?

I've seen Han Ga In in Super Rookie where she co-star with Eric Mun. Now she gets to pair up with Jae Hee.

Yul aka Kim Jung Hoon will be in this drama yay!

It looks like a good cast, however, I don't think Han Ga In's acting is strong yet. Hopefully the male casts will make up for that. Dennis Oh! Never seen his acting yet.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 03-09-07 at 11:14 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I think you mispelled the the title. You think its going to be crappy?

I've seen Han Ga In in Super Rookie where she co-star with Eric Mun. Now she gets to pair up with Jae Hee.

Yul aka Kim Jung Hoon will be in this drama yay!

It looks like a good cast, however, I don't think Han Ga In's acting is strong yet. Hopefully the male casts will make up for that. Dennis Oh! Never seen his acting yet.
    Thanks for the correction. I don't think I can change it now.
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

A trailer has been posted on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0jpuI7_Mow

Red face

Anyone watched the first ep already? I did, and it's good.

can watch Ep 1 without sub : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfwkOtO7d7g

Unhappy Review : Witch Yuhee

Title : Witch Yuhee
    Starting : Han Ga In - Ma Yuhee
    Jae Hee - Chae Moo Ryong
    Dennis O'neil - Johny Kruger
    Synopse : A comedy love stroy bewteen wicked evil wealthy girl and an unemployed cook.

Impression : This is basically a "The Fantasy Couple" rip-off, a poor one that is. Han Ga In is a miscast for the title character Yuhee as she never played an evil character before and her "evil" acting, which is supposed to be funny, is not funny at all. The reason "The Fantasy Couple" was the run-away hit last year was because the lead actress Han Ye Seol always had a bad girl image and the character Jo Anna fit her image perfectly; viewers just couldn't imagine a better actress to play Jo Anna than Han Ye Seol. Not to mention that her portrayal of Jo Anna was extremely convincing. Han Ga In's portrayal of Ma Yuhee is very stiff and unfunny. I will give Jae Hee's portrayal of "poor unemployed cook looking for work" a passing grade. But Dennis O'neil dissapoints here. Dennis is playing a supporting character of a master chef who teaches Jae Hee. His acting is also distracting because of the language problems(Dennis speaks broken Korean). For those expecting the magic of The Sweet Spy, sorry, you gotta look elsewhere.

In one word, this is not funny.

you can watch it on Dailymotion.com

so far so good..

Dennis O'neill is so hot in here..
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Thumbs up Highly recommended!

I am currently watching this till epi 8. Pretty good and the lead actor Jae Hee is from the drama Sassy Girl - Chun Hyang. He is so funny in this drama as the housekeeper of Yoo Hee. Basically, he is also the love life consultant for Yoo Hee so that she could attacts more men and get married off!

Good comedy drama for me after watching the crying soap "Snow Queen" which leads me to finish off 2 boxes of tissues!

I'm at eps 3 now, I though it's a pretty funny drama... But I wouldn't call Yoo Hee a witch, she's more like a b*tch to me! LOL She looks much better with short hair.

i'm also up to episode three, and i have to say, i would cry to have a boss like her. but it proves that she's a very good actress, and very pretty. i'm in love with this series right now. hopefully it will stay funny like this throughout the rest of the series.

i've never seen any of her series or movies before. still not very familiar with her, but she's surely good.

i can't choose between Johnny and the housekeeper guy. i love them both.^_^
    but i surely don't really like the doctor, he looks mean and depress all the time. hehe...that's what i think. =D

Johnny is a very gentle guy but too passive though... He can't change Yoo Hee's mind with his character. Mo Ryong the other hand, often influence Yoo Hee's thinking & behaviour hence I think they have the couple's chemistry.
    Anyway this devil is still uncertain whom she really like for now, I just pity Sung Mi, she's such a caring girlfriend... I watched too fast ler, gonna wait for thurs/fri for new eps!

Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh
    Johnny is a very gentle guy but too passive though... He can't change Yoo Hee's mind with his character. Mo Ryong the other hand, often influence Yoo Hee's thinking & behaviour hence I think they have the couple's chemistry.
    Anyway this devil is still uncertain whom she really like for now, I just pity Sung Mi, she's such a caring girlfriend... I watched too fast ler, gonna wait for thurs/fri for new eps!
    Yeah, i really feel bad for Seung Mi also because so far she is so sweet and very supportive to Mo Ryong. To me , it seems like her and MO Ryong are more like childhood bestfriends...

i first thought seung mi will be the second devil in this series, but hopefully not.

i was thinking that it would be nice if seung mi ends up with johnny, since they both are pretty nice and good looking.

Nah, I don't think Seung Mi will become bad in the last 6 eps... She's such a nice, gentle lady, she isn't anything like Yoo Hee. I would say it's a lost for Mo Ryong to give up her, but seems like they don't have the fate to be together.
    Yup I do hope SM can be with Johnny, she deserves to have happiness & Johnny is a Mr nice guy as well!

i really think that JOhnny and Seung Mi will get together at the end..

I don't know but the doctor or the exboyfriend's acting is way too stiff for me...i don't think he fits the role of a doctor for some reason....he looks too young for some reason..

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE
    i really think that JOhnny and Seung Mi will get together at the end..

I don't know but the doctor or the exboyfriend's acting is way too stiff for me...i don't think he fits the role of a doctor for some reason....he looks too young for some reason..
    That's the same thing as my mom said. She said he's too stiff, but in his character in Goong was much better. Ohh well, he is the supporting actor .
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -