Thread: how was HYS able to contain ZBT for so many years?

Default how was HYS able to contain ZBT for so many years?

how was HYS able to contain ZBT for so many years? cause knowing ZBT's personality, there was no way he would be able to stay in a cave for 10+ (?) years and we all know ZBT was above HYS in martial arts. i kow ZBT was afraid of the flute, but HYS cant guard the cave entrance forever
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    how was HYS able to contain ZBT for so many years? cause knowing ZBT's personality, there was no way he would be able to stay in a cave for 10+ (?) years and we all know ZBT was above HYS in martial arts. i kow ZBT was afraid of the flute, but HYS cant guard the cave entrance forever
    Who said ZBT was above HYS in regards to martial arts?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Zhou Botong's martial arts only increased beyond HYS's after he read the 9YZJ when Guo Jing arrived; before that, in a fight, HYS broke ZBT's legs before tossing him into the cave.

Besides, HYS's island was protected by his formations and what not; ZBT wouldn't be able to get off anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Who said ZBT was above HYS in regards to martial arts?
    ummm i always thought he was and also i looked at the unofficial pj ranking

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    Zhou Botong's martial arts only increased beyond HYS's after he read the 9YZJ when Guo Jing arrived; before that, in a fight, HYS broke ZBT's legs before tossing him into the cave.

Besides, HYS's island was protected by his formations and what not; ZBT wouldn't be able to get off anyhow.
    o ok, but wouldnt ZBT stil lbe eager to find a way to escape. from wat i remember, all he did was hid in his cave

I always had the feeling ZBT didn't want to leave until he retrieved 9 Yin Manual from HYS.

Chow Bak Tung was trapped on Peach Blossom Island by the Peach Blossom Formation; this formation also foiled any attempts he might have made to go to East Heretic Wong Yerk See's house to harass him.

Ying Goo spent years trying to figure out a solution to the Peach Blossom Island Formation so that she could rescue Chow Bak Tung, but she never did succeed in figuring the formation out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Chow Bak Tung was trapped on Peach Blossom Island by the Peach Blossom Formation; this formation also foiled any attempts he might have made to go to East Heretic Wong Yerk See's house to harass him.

Ying Goo spent years trying to figure out a solution to the Peach Blossom Island Formation so that she could rescue Chow Bak Tung, but she never did succeed in figuring the formation out.
    so was ZBT > HYS at that time? or did ZBT only get better w/ the 9 yin manual?

so was ZBT > HYS at that time? or did ZBT only get better w/ the 9 yin manual?
    When Chow Bak Tung first arrived on Peach Blossom Island, his martial arts were considerably lesser than Wong Yerk See's or any of the other Greats'. By the time Gwok Jing arrived on Peach Blossom Island, Chow Bak Tung's martial arts were just slightly below Wong Yerk See's level. After getting the rest of the 9 Yum Jen Ging from Gwok Jing, Chow Bak Tung's martial arts gradually grew closer to Wong Yerk See's and by the end of LOCH, Chow's martial arts were no worse than equal (and possibly even slightly better) than Wong's.

ZBT's arts were no doubt on par with HYS when he had LR dual-hand.. as his fight with HYS showed when OYF, GJ and HYS, H7G and him were all there. It showed that ZBT even with one hand was able to toy with HYS until HYS decided to go all out. It is clearly visible that if ZBT used both his hands and the 9yin that was voluntary he could easily beat HYS. I say this because ZBT did not want to use 9yin but some parts of it already stayed with ZBT when he taught GJ and thus became involuntary... like increasing internal energy and other theories that helped him become a better fighter.

I thought ZBT's martial arts was on par with HYS's once he developed L/R and Kong Ming Quan. Using 9Yin put him above HYS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    I thought ZBT's martial arts was on par with HYS's once he developed L/R and Kong Ming Quan. Using 9Yin put him above HYS.
    wouldnt the L/R technique double ZBT's effectiveness, thus put him above HYS already?

I never finished reading any of the translated novels of the triology, so I am basing this on series adaptions. The adaptions always gave me the feeling that HYS was superior to ZBT in martial arts. HYS was always portrayed as mysterious and always had the heroic air. ZBT on the other hand was always joking around like a child. Not until the end of ROCH did I start to feel that HYS and ZBT were on par.

wouldnt the L/R technique double ZBT's effectiveness, thus put him above HYS already?
    Before GJ arrived on the island, ZBT was not close to being able to fight HYS. As Ren Wo Xing mentioned earlier, ZBT had his legs broken by HYS during their first encounter.

Later, ZBT developed the L/R technique, but was unaware that it can be applied towards martial arts. He created it out of boredom so that he can play games with himself. It wasn't until GJ mentioned to him that the "games" they were playing resembled real combat that ZBT realized how amazing the L/R techniques were. Then, by ZBT's own assessment, he felt that he is no longer inferior to HYS (but ZBT didn't say he was necessarily superior either).

However, ZBT later fought with HYS and realized that he had learned 9-Yin techniques and chi cultivation by accident. HYS admitted that he was no longer a match for ZBT and let him leave the island.

As to why ZBT didn't leave the island-- he was being stubborn and refused to leave until he was able to retrive the 9-yin manual and "get even" with HYS for tricking him. And IIRC, I believe ZBT was trying to see who can outlive the other.

Got to remember that ol' ZBT tried to learn every new bit of martial arts he came across. If he was on his death bed and someone told of a new one, he'd have got up and tried to learn it.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

ZBT stayed on the island inside the cave because he made an agreement with HYS, that he will not leave the cave except to go to the toilet untill he had beaten HYS, ZBT threatened to tear up the manual if HYS tried to take it, and HYS said he will force ZBT to give up the manual volunteeraily, not steal it. they were competing in this fashion for 16yrs. HYS even provided food for ZBT because it would be unfair to defeat him if ZBT was weak from starvation. ZBT was still inferior to the greats when he came to the island but was able to exchange several hundred moves before defeat. later he made fast progress and was only a little behind. after GJ arrived, he realised with vacant fist, he could hold his own in techniques and with L/R technique, he would be able to win but his inner power cultivation was still not equal to HYS(and the greats) till the end of LOCH.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I always thought ZBT had an ulterior motive for staying on the island--to avoid Yinggu who was trying to find him. I'm not sure though...

before he arrived at peach blossom island, he was only worse than HYS by a small amount

after dual hand and vacant fists, he was confident he could beat HYS

after 9 ying zhen jing, he became way better than HYS

however, ZBT tried his best to forget 9YZJ because of his vow to WCY

I was under the impression that ZBT surpassed HYS but didn't want to leave the island. He was getting good food and good wine and had a nice place to practice martial arts.