Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post count...

Lol, just to let everyone know ahead of time then, I will also be "cleaning" the General Series Comments and Singapore Series sections this week. Be prepared for post lost then. Think its already discuissed though that post counts don't really matter. Its the quality, not the quantity of the posts
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

yep yep...quality over quantity...wats in general series comments? haven't been there lately. should go before u clean up.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

Really?? Wow that's weird...but yeah it's just a number.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonite3579
    and wat if u were set back by 3190 couts?would u be happy?
    Yes I would, actually. Happy as a clam. :d

I can see you're not happy though. Would you like a tissue?
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Smile

Gosh, i'd answered a lot of old threads too. N my posts are setback by 80 of them..i gonna cry liao. Coz i was hoping to reach 1000. Sigh... Btw, mod...jus wanna ask if our posts were to be deleted while you're cleaning will all the other posts be lost someday too? Coz the threads today might turned into an old one tomorrow. I dun wanna see my posts left by only less than 100 wor...
    Last edited by xiaoshan; 08-17-06 at 12:19 PM.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Would deleted posts change your membership? like if you're a senior member by a couple of post counts, and some posts are deleted, will that change your status?
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay_Thi
    Would deleted posts change your membership? like if you're a senior member by a couple of post counts, and some posts are deleted, will that change your status?
    No, I don't think so . I don't think it would get to that extreme, I mean look at me. I'm at 8,000+ posts. Most of which are from modding, posting at some forums and from the years that I've been here. So I don't think you'll go back to number of 1 posts any time soon.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

wat do u mean from the years u've been here? do they add on post for u just for being a member 4 so long?

i may have misunderstood u. cos i've been here a while and no post no count. and then i go and lose sum.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Actually, it's really very simple. If you post in various sections eg. wuxia, tv, academia etc in this board(this does not mean u start spamming in this board), it's highly unlikely that your post count would drop dramatically just because a moderator prune the section he/she is in charge of.

I find that people who lost a chunk of their post counts are more likely to post in Series and Actors/Actresses threads. These sections have high volumes of traffic and get prune often.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

More ranks would spice things up

Actually if you post in the actor and actress forum--you get pruned less if the post belongs to an indexed thread. All threads specific on an actor/actress do not get deleted because of inactivity. Questions, polls, etc do get deleted.

Hey Linda, I think what SS meant by that was that since she has been a member longer, she has had more time to post hence the increasing post count. As for what is in General Series Comments. Lets just a say a bit of everything ^__^ Usually it has topics related to a variety of series and stars. Also a good portion of it is with questions on unknown series.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    More ranks would spice things up
    Haha.. I think we actually did have more member ranks, but then that only encouraged people to spam. People feel the need to spam to raise their current post count with the current system already.
    "The gentlemen first practices what he preaches and then preaches what he practices." - Confucius

The post counts do affect your member rank - i.e. Junior Member, Member, Senior Member, so if you are on the borderline between ranks, the posts matter. However, saying that, there is actually no difference between being a Jr, Member, or Sr since I have removed the post limit to upload a unique avatar - now every one can do it. So the only real effect your post count does is change your rank name - and really, what's in a name (especially since we have such uninteresting names too)? We certainly won't pay more attention to someone because they are a "senior".

I don't really think the member name ranks are that important in keeping the quality of the forum high so at the moment, we won't be implementing them again.

And finally, there's actually a button that I have to click on the Admin control to update post counts to get the real post count based on existing posts so in actuality, the #'s were not supposed to drop after a thread has been deleted. This might be a bug on vBulletin's forum source code if that is the case. I do plan to update the vB version at some point again, so I hopefully the updates will address this issue.
    -SC

Default Post count...

I was wondering. Once our post count increases, does it stay like that forever? Will our post count ever go down?

For example, if a post was viewed as unappropriate and was deleted, would that make our post count go down by one? Or is it stay the way it is, but the post is gone forever?

Posts from deleted thread will cause your post count to decrease.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control