Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Tvb wuxia theme songs of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Anyone remember in what series this song, 舊夢不須記 (Jiu Meng Bu Shun Ji) sung by Annabelle Lui was first played in? I heard it so many times when I was a child and may have heard it in a Gu Long adapted TV series. And later I heard it in many Taiwanese tv series i.e. the Young Zhang San Feng (with Kenny Ho) and it was played in the background as an instrumental in Justice Bao series too.

I don't think I'll ever get sick of the song.
    That was not on the soundtrack to any TV series. It was just a hit single and a track off a hit album for Ms. Lui back in 1981.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    That was not on the soundtrack to any TV series. It was just a hit single and a track off a hit album for Ms. Lui back in 1981.
    I guess you're the best person to ask, but I could've sworn there was a TVB series that had it in a scene or more. Perhaps not listed as official soundtrack. Oh well...it is a song that is deeply imprinted in my mind.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I guess you're the best person to ask, but I could've sworn there was a TVB series that had it in a scene or more. Perhaps not listed as official soundtrack. Oh well...it is a song that is deeply imprinted in my mind.
    TVB might have decided to use it as BGM for a scene in one or more of its series after-the-fact, but the song wasn't originally written or recorded for use in a TV soundtrack. It was written specifically as a vehicle for Annabelle Lui and became not only her biggest (and ultimately, career-defining) hit, but one of the biggest Cantopop hits of all time.

Still, it was not meant to be used as a TV series theme or subtheme, so its use in a TV series was after-the-fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I just watched that part - it was only an instrumental, but it was really nice. It's not that familiar as the duet though - is there a vocal version in the series?
    OMG, someone actually have the full version.

Ken, is 汪明荃 the title of the song?
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post

Ken, is 汪明荃 the title of the song?
    No. I think that's Liza Wang's Chinese name.

No. I think that's Liza Wang's Chinese name.
    Oh of course, stupid me. I even wrote in my previous post.

Is the title somewhere below?

TVB電視劇《楚留香之蝙蝠傳奇》插曲
    English: The New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung
    首播:1984年11月12日 8:30pm 無綫電視翡翠台

插曲提供:華星娛樂有限公司
    作曲:趙文海
    填詞:鄧偉雄
    主唱:汪明荃

踏上高處 多少風雨 為何要今朝獨處
    哭笑聲不再復見 情感心內儲
    在眼底裡 多少關注 難忘卻空山夜雨
    風雨中挑燈共語 長記心深處

* 情和恨 涕淚歡娛 問世間哪個作主
      誰說愛海原是飄渺 情若醉休說痴
      獨怕高處 凄風苦雨 難留得歡欣暫駐

# 只有把多少舊愛 全留於心深處

Repeat*##

TVB電視劇《楚留香之蝙蝠傳奇》插曲
    English: The New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung
    首播:1984年11月12日 8:30pm 無綫電視翡翠台

插曲提供:華星娛樂有限公司
    作曲:趙文海
    填詞:鄧偉雄
    主唱:汪明荃

踏上高處 多少風雨 為何要今朝獨處
    哭笑聲不再復見 情感心內儲
    在眼底裡 多少關注 難忘卻空山夜雨
    風雨中挑燈共語 長記心深處

* 情和恨 涕淚歡娛 問世間哪個作主
      誰說愛海原是飄渺 情若醉休說痴
      獨怕高處 凄風苦雨 難留得歡欣暫駐

# 只有把多少舊愛 全留於心深處

Repeat*##
    Doesn't look like it.

The song title is 情到浓时休说痴词. I've looked it up on baidu.com found a Barbara Yung forum thread discussing the song and fan - music video here.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

BTW, I found this lady playing a song on the guzheng from The Foundation:
    不裝飾你的夢
    and here's Terence Choi's Karaoke MV of the song

I think I might need to rewatch The Foundation because I don't remember this song. I remember the main theme song more.

I miss all these themesongs with traditional Chinese instrumentals and lyrics.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-05-10 at 10:54 PM.

I just watched that part - it was only an instrumental, but it was really nice. It's not that familiar as the duet though - is there a vocal version in the series?

On a side note, watching Mimi Kung so young and sweet made me feel really old.. =( Last I saw she was still really beautiful, but she looked so cute and innocent in CLH!!
    unbelievable! i found a 3 minute version on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PtVjhsdnOQ
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Very nice, although it doesn't ring a bell at all.. although the first couple lines are slightly familiar. And I thought I knew almost all the 80s wuxia songs!! =)

Very nice, although it doesn't ring a bell at all.. although the first couple lines are slightly familiar. And I thought I knew almost all the 80s wuxia songs!! =)
    This one doesn't leave a strong impression. From the suite recorded for CHOR LAU HEUNG '84, the most memorable song was the Roman Tam/Liza Wang duet.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    unbelievable! i found a 3 minute version on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PtVjhsdnOQ
    It looks like we found the same thing almost at the same time .
    Last edited by Canuck21; 08-06-10 at 03:51 AM.

This one doesn't leave a strong impression. From the suite recorded for CHOR LAU HEUNG '84, the most memorable song was the Roman Tam/Liza Wang duet.
    The main song was pretty good as well. Maybe it's because of the scenes at the themesong which makes it feel great (something abut Austin Wai, all decked out in vampiric black and red, drinking sadly and forlornly in the white snow really does it for me. CLH 84 also had the hottest Water Matriarch ever, probably the hottest TVB wuxia character in the 80s, shame she had no lines and only lasted a minute or so). Wish TVB wouldn't force us all to remove the wuxia themesongs we post on Youtube (and yet allow the Foon Lok Kum Siew clips).
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 08-06-10 at 04:23 AM.

The main song was pretty good as well. Maybe it's because of the scenes at the themesong which makes it feel great (something abut Austin Wai, all decked out in vampiric black and red, drinking sadly and forlornly in the white snow really does it for me. CLH 84 also had the hottest Water Matriarch ever, probably the hottest TVB wuxia character in the 80s, shame she had no lines and only lasted a minute or so). Wish TVB wouldn't force us all to remove the wuxia themesongs we post on Youtube (and yet allow the Foon Lok Kum Siew clips).
    I was always puzzled by the first few minutes of intro video of CLH. So she was the Water Matriarch? Who's the psychotically laughing taoist nun with the mirrors?

i thought ROCH 95 theme song is really good though i dont understand a word of the song. but i always listen to it.

I was always puzzled by the first few minutes of intro video of CLH. So she was the Water Matriarch? Who's the psychotically laughing taoist nun with the mirrors?
    Ohh, so you knew who I was talking about immediately when I mentioned the hot girl? =) Yes, she was Water Matriarch, played by an actress I don't even know - she played Kent Tong's girlfriend in Yesterday's Glitter, but I don't recall seeing her again. Maybe it's the latex suit I'd recognise rather than the face =)

The Nun was Shi Guanyin, or the Stone Goddess. The first monk, played by Lau Dan, was Wuhua. Kind of like saying it takes over from the Adam version, where Wuhua and Shi Guanyin were the main villains (Water Matriarch wasn't particularly friendly either, but I kind of saw her more as a victim too, rather than an antagonist), and now they're all dead. Although Chu Liuxiang didn't kill Matriarch in the Adam version, not sure about the novel - she was killed by Wuhua and Jiangnan Yan. CLH 84 also has a full set of his three flunkies on the boat with him, so it's probably not really a sequel since Rongrong died in the Adam version (what happened to Hongxiu, by the way?).

Do you know where I can find All About Tin and Last Conquest on CD - did Derek and Loletta have their own albums or something? I've got the Last Conquest mp3 from somewhere, but nothing beats having the CD.
    I have The Last Conquest's theme on CD but it's not Loletta Lee's album. It's just a CD with songs from various artists. It also has another song of her called 真心不會變.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    I have The Last Conquest's theme on CD but it's not Loletta Lee's album. It's just a CD with songs from various artists. It also has another song of her called 真心不會變.
    Ooh, do you have the name of the compilation?

Ohh, so you knew who I was talking about immediately when I mentioned the hot girl? =) Yes, she was Water Matriarch, played by an actress I don't even know - she played Kent Tong's girlfriend in Yesterday's Glitter, but I don't recall seeing her again. Maybe it's the latex suit I'd recognise rather than the face =)

The Nun was Shi Guanyin, or the Stone Goddess. The first monk, played by Lau Dan, was Wuhua. Kind of like saying it takes over from the Adam version, where Wuhua and Shi Guanyin were the main villains (Water Matriarch wasn't particularly friendly either, but I kind of saw her more as a victim too, rather than an antagonist), and now they're all dead. Although Chu Liuxiang didn't kill Matriarch in the Adam version, not sure about the novel - she was killed by Wuhua and Jiangnan Yan. CLH 84 also has a full set of his three flunkies on the boat with him, so it's probably not really a sequel since Rongrong died in the Adam version (what happened to Hongxiu, by the way?).
    Well, between the two ladies that appeared in the intro, I doubt you would find that psychotic laughing lady attractive, so it must be the other lady resting by a pool of water. So yes, hot girl, I presume.

I've seen Adam's CLH after I had seen Michael Miu's. I watched Adam's version on a very bad VHS quality tape eons ago, but couldn't remember the storyline. As for which series, I don't remember.

Thanks for answering. I know at least who Wu Hua was. Just never knew who those ladies were in all the years that I've watched and rewatched the series.