Thread: Sean Lau and Gong Li Win HKFA Best Actor and Best Actress Award!!

Default Sean Lau and Gong Li Win HKFA Best Actor and Best Actress Award!!

c!

Caption: Sean Lau won the HKFA Best Actor Award for "My Name is Fame." Sean kissed wife, Amy Kwok, passsionately in the after party.

The 26th Annual Hong Kong Film Awards was held last night, with Sean Lau Ching Wan and Gong Li winning the Best Actor and Best Actress awards. The Best Picture award went to "After This Our Exile" 《父子》, which brought home a total of 5 awards last night.

The 43 year-old Sean Lau has always been a critically acclaimed actor. Although he was nominated 7 times in the past at the Hong Kong Film awards, this was the only time in which he brought home an award. In the movie, "My Name is Fame," Sean played a disappointed actor and delivered a breakthrough performance.

When Sean was announced as the Best Actor, the audience's applause was thunderous. In an emotional gesture, Sean spread his arms to thank the audience's congratulations.

Wife, Amy Kwok Hoi Ming, had tears of happiness and shared a passionate kiss with Sean at the celebratory after party. She said sweetly that she will have to think carefully about a gift for Sean.

Sean said graciously, "I never thought I would win the award. If I did not win the Best Actor award tonight, there would be future opportunities. I received many congratulatory phone calls. Increasing my filming fees has crossed my mind, but I'm not sure if that would happen!"

Gong Li was nominated 3 times in the Hong Kong Film Awards and this year was her first win. Since she could not appear at the awards ceremony due to scheduling conflict, she requested Jay Chou Kit Lun to receive the award for her.

Gong Li said, "I am excited and surprised that I won the award. Past collaborations with Zhang Yimou have fortunately resulted in numerous international awards. I have to reiterate that contrary to rumors, I was not dissatisfied with the HKPA's organiation."

Recently there were rumors that Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Carina Lau Ka Ling had relationship problems. After a high profile entry, the couple were presenters for the Best Picture award. Tony said on stage, "No matter how sensational rumors are, they will pass. Do you still remember which actor and actress had an intimate dance in the first James Bond movie?"

Hong Kong Film Awards Winners List

Best Picture- "After This Our Exile"

Best Director- Tam Ka Ming "After this Our Exile"

Best Actor- Sean Lau "My Name is Fame"

Best Actress- Gong Li "Curse of the Golden Flower"

Best Supporting Actor- Gouw Ian Iskandar "After This Our Exile"

Best Supporting Actress- Zhou Xun "The Banquet"

Best Newcomer- Gouw Ian Iskandar "After This Our Exile"

Best Screenplay- "After This Our Exile"

http://the-sun.on.cc/cgi-bin/hotnews...1852_0000.html

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

really sounds weird when i came to know that Lau Ching Wen's eng name is Sean....sounds really out of place.....

BTW, HAIL GONG LI!

I had always thought Sean Lau had won the best actor award before. Suprised this is his first.

About time lau ching wan won an award.