View Poll Results: Would you pay double or tripple for ORGANIC FOOD?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 37.04%
  • No

17 62.96%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Organic Food Vs Genetic Food

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    LOL. yea, if they eat like Asians ~ well, the obesity issue might be reduced. granted, there 'might have been' a minority out there with a genuine 'obesity gene' that isnt entirely due to poor eating habits; but for most...after downing that much food, one's gotta be abnormal to not get fat.....
    Genetic food contains growth hormone so it's obviously a factor that causing obesity and other illness. And yes, the amount that people eat is another factor of obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Genetic food contains growth hormone so it's obviously a factor that causing obesity and other illness. And yes, the amount that people eat is another factor of obesity.
    If a young girl eats food with growth hormones in it, she enters puberty FASTER, but doesn't necessarily makes her fat.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    If a young girl eats food with growth hormones in it, she enters puberty FASTER, but doesn't necessarily makes her fat.
    And if the food with growth hormones then it's not healthy then it will cause some kind of illness later on. Again, I am not the expert about food, but it's obviously that food with any type of drug in it is not natural and they are not as healthy as organic food.

Again, the reason I think people should go for organic food as much as they can is because they don't cost all that much anyway as you only can eat so much. A 2 lbs organic chicken costs like $8-$10 whereas genetic chicken with the same size costs like $4-$5. Basically, organic food costs about double as much as genetic food. It may sounded a lot but actually very little as, again, you only can eat so much. If you switch from genetic food to organic food, it only cost you about $200 extra per month. Lot of people waste way more than that amount monthly on things like drugs, alcohol, gambling, lotteries, smoking, ect....

It has been more than 5 years since the last post on this topic. The price of food has going up quite a lot since then. Here in Vancouver, the income is among the lowest in Canada while the cost of living is by far the highest. I would say the low income people in Vancouver are struggle and would have a hard time to afford organic food.

Usually fast food is more affordable....
    I was reading somewhere that the antibiotics injected into the chicken and cows make us more susceptible to getting sick because of antibiotic resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Usually fast food is more affordable....
    I was reading somewhere that the antibiotics injected into the chicken and cows make us more susceptible to getting sick because of antibiotic resistance.
    I guess we get what we paid for. There are good reasons why organic food costs like double or triple compare to non-organic food. For me, I think it's worth it.

There is also the debate that organic sometimes is not really organic because the soil is contaminated...
    I do notice that some organic fruits are smaller than non organic fruits....