Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digital Camera

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    lol what's wrong with Sony?
    There's nothing with Sony except for the fact that it's overpriced. It's a popular brand, and anything that is "brand name" tends to be more expensive, but I don't necessary think that the product is any better than other brands. I've had 2 Sony digital cameras, the newest one is 2 years old and I'm not overly enthused about them.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post

--and can u guys stop scaring me abt my poor lil camera. I bought it from a retail store off of ebay though

n yeah, I read reviews and googled like crazyy b4 purchasing it ^^ I went on dpreview too *woo!
    Jennie, since you've already purchased the camera, don't let these criticisms worried you. What's done is done! It sounds like you did extensive research before purchasing it, so have confidence in your sources and any other fact that enhanced your knowledge, leading to your decision.

Enjoy your prom, sweetheart! Don't do anything that ummmmm....you might regret in the morning...and/or thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I've had 2 Sony digital cameras, the newest one is 2 years old and I'm not overly enthused about them.
    given the quality of your pics - i have to wonder if its the camera or the user that is at fault j/k

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    given the quality of your pics - i have to wonder if its the camera or the user that is at fault j/k
    i'd anticipated that response from you.

i didn't do anything wrong! I blame it on bad lighting.
    Last edited by bellamia; 05-21-07 at 01:27 AM.

There's nothing with Sony except for the fact that it's overpriced. It's a popular brand, and anything that is "brand name" tends to be more expensive, but I don't necessary think that the product is any better than other brands. I've had 2 Sony digital cameras, the newest one is 2 years old and I'm not overly enthused about them.
    yea i have a sony too. its not as great as its told to be. for one thing, it takes up so much battery power! lol. i had to buy rechargeable batteries for it. and sometimes the pics are blurry. well not all the time but sometimes. like when im trying to take a pic of a hot guy.. LOL jk!
    canon cameras are so much better. hmps. i wish i bought one of those instead.
    The best part of believe is the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post
    and sometimes the pics are blurry. well not all the time but sometimes. like when im trying to take a pic of a hot guy.. LOL jk!
    the reason ur pics are blurry is becos u have shaky hands!
    stop taking drugs young lady lol...and steady the camera when you take your shots. also these compact cameras require the subject to keep their posture after the flash goes off for a few seconds...

the reason ur pics are blurry is becos u have shaky hands!
    stop taking drugs young lady lol...and steady the camera when you take your shots. also these compact cameras require the subject to keep their posture after the flash goes off for a few seconds...
    That, right there, is very inconvenient!

I hear you annaaa, the pictures always turned out blurry and requires multiple takes. For what I paid, the Sony camera is not very user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    you bought it retail on ebay = you got ripped off. most if not all electronic on ebay are over price. sorry there's no win situation for you, electronic on ebay = big hole u don't wanan step in.
    ripped off?! i actually went on circuitcity.com and much more to check out the prices and it was at the least $100 more pfT. my camera would work just fine.

Jennie, since you've already purchased the camera, don't let these criticisms worried you. What's done is done! It sounds like you did extensive research before purchasing it, so have confidence in your sources and any other fact that enhanced your knowledge, leading to your decision.

Enjoy your prom, sweetheart! Don't do anything that ummmmm....you might regret in the morning...and/or thereafter.
    yeah, i'm not gona let these ****ers faze me lol, jK. and i did do alot of research! maybe too muchhh..i not only read all the specifications but the user reviews from not 1 website but MULTIPLE sites. and i also checked the feedbacks from other buyers so suck my

but aw, thanks! no, as drunk as i may be..i still know the fine line between do's and don't's maybe i'd have the balls to do things i wouldn't have if i was sober..but there's certain things beyond the limit that even if i took 1000 shots, i wouldn't ^^
    some girls think they should lose their V on prom night though..stupid
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

That, right there, is very inconvenient!
    compact cameras aren't as fast at taking pictures as DSLR cameras. so if you don't ask the subject to pause for a few seconds after the flash goes off, then you will continue to get blurry pictures.

so often than not, the users are at fault - yet they like to make these unfounded excuses that the camera they are using is crap.

perhaps you should LEARN TO USE instead of whining like most feminists do

compact cameras aren't as fast at taking pictures as DSLR cameras. so if you don't ask the subject to pause for a few seconds after the flash goes off, then you will continue to get blurry pictures.

so often than not, the users are at fault - yet they like to make these unfounded excuses that the camera they are using is crap.

perhaps you should LEARN TO USE instead of whining like most feminists do
    Excuse me, who dies and made you my prison guard, critical of what I can say and not say? As a consumer, I have a right to express my dissatisfactions of a product, whether you agree with it or not. The fact is that the lens used in the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T33 is a F3.5-4.4 3X zoom Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar model. It’s a “slow” lens that doesn’t allow in as much light as a “faster” lens. Thus, hinders the ability to keep the shutter speed as fast as possible. Consequently, the qualities of the indoor pictures are very unimpressive and undesirable because of the weak flash, whereas the qualities of the outdoor pictures are more satisfactory.

I do find this particular camera user unfriendly and I'm annoyed by some of its disadvantages as mentioned above; especially since I’ve paid almost $400 for it. I have achieved better quality results from a deposable camera than from this Sony. Thus, with valid reason, I’m entitled to voice my discontentment without having to be subjected to patronize by some arrogant “tech” snob.

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post
    thats pretty scary. seriously lol.
    wheres that long paper on it LOL!
    i don't think anyone on here have shop for electronic more than i do (i don't just shop for myself)... i don't know everything like a pro but for the most part i'm dam accurate when it comes to price/value/function of many electronic items and the places where you "can" buy. Ebay is not one of them, just FYI, not to scare off people or anything. There is alot of fake stuff on ebay that "regular" people will not be able to tell right away, even if they do it's already too late, remember this, if they can sell it at a regular price why would they sell it to you for cheaper? the way ebay operates aren't like a retail chain store, and who buy camera off Circuit City? lol, they displayed an LCD that was 899 and i got it for 450 at another store, just to show you how overpriced they are.

there are certain thing you can buy off ebay, electronic is just not one of them. how are you gonna complain to a seller in china?

she already paid the guy, nothing she can do but hope for a good buy, good buy on ebays happen, just rare.

and bellamia is right on sony's camera, they're not as good for the money. sony came out as one of the leading company in TVs, that's how they got their populartiy... then they started making other products, and now they've lost their edge even in TVs, company like Sharp and Samsung are producing great TVs for the same price as Sony TVS (or better)... however they still retain thier popularity for some reason. The sony cybershot series has got to be one of the better point and shoot camera + looking good... but other than that, they can't touch the leading brand in digital camera when it comes to the heavier stuff.

Here's the list:

Sony car deck = Crap (my friend got one, and for the price it's = crap)
    sony Speakers = Crap (i've heard it instore and look at the reviews for them and you'll see)
    Sony Reciever = OK (they're not worth their price, but for the most part they're usable)
    Sony TVs = Ok (they do produce good pictures, just watch the price)
    Sony Digicam = Ok (i've used alot of digital camera, they're OK, not for the price but function wise, middle of the road stuff, i've had worst)
    Sony Portable players = Crap (just try one)
    Sony DVDRW = Crap (early they rebatched optorite and that was one of the worst one you can get, then they moved to lite-on which is better, now they rebatch NEC, both lite-on/nec uses the same chipset, but their quality control is very iffy, so just FYI, none of the Sony DVDRW is made by them)
    Sony DVD players = Crap (media selection/format is very limited, and theyr'e expensive)

That's all i can remember, i have not dealt with other sony product.

PS: just from memory, i already know how you can save 50 bucks off that Circuity City retail price, also at another retail store. but that's not enough, there's probably more ways to save.
    Last edited by warlock110; 05-21-07 at 10:55 PM.

iamthatlady, can you give me the link to the auction you won? i wanna check it out.

PS: just from memory, i already know how you can save 50 bucks off that Circuity City retail price, also at another retail store. but that's not enough, there's probably more ways to save.
    yea circuit city always gives yu discounts on electronics. id prefer it than other store, even best buy.
    im planning on getting a 30g ipod from there because i have too many songs.
    The best part of believe is the lie.

As a consumer, I have a right to express my dissatisfactions of a product, whether you agree with it or not.
    Thus, with valid reason, I’m entitled to voice my discontentment without having to be subjected to patronize by some arrogant “tech” snob.
    as an ignorant consumer, you do not have the right to voice your discontentment. as i've said before, LEARN TO USE. I've seen beautiful photos taken from Sony digicams. My friend takes photos of carshows and models with Sony digital cameras.

and bellamia is right on sony's camera, they're not as good for the money.
    everyone can be an expert critic if you cut and paste
    the fact is, this is an ultra compact digital camera. dont expect DSLR quality and functionality which the reviewer from dcresource seemed to expect.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_t33-review/
    The lens used here (and on the earlier T-series models) is an F3.5-4.4, 3X zoom Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar model. As you can see by the maximum aperture, this is a pretty "slow" lens, which means that it doesn't let in as much light as a "faster" lens. This becomes an issue when you want to keep the shutter speed as fast as possible. The focal length of the lens is 6.7 - 20.1 mm, which is equivalent to 38 - 114 mm. You cannot attach a conversion lens to the T33.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Revi...14556&PageId=9
    Pros
    Ultra compact size
    Aesthetics
    Construction quality
    Easy to use and setup
    Good image quality
    Large, easy to read screen and menus
    Included Li-Ion battery, pouch and charger/external PSU
    Video quality and compression is very good
    Useful Info-Lithium battery monitoring

Cons
    Very limiting flash performance
    Lack of manual control over the exposure
    No built-in tripod mount - you have to use the Cybershot station
    No built-in USB port - you have to use the Cybershot station or a card reader
    Auto White Balance is poor indoors
    Lack of Manual WB preset
    Battery life could be better
    Not easy to hand-hold for people with big hands
    Relatively high pricing

as an ignorant consumer, you do not have the right to voice your discontentment. as i've said before, LEARN TO USE. I've seen beautiful photos taken from Sony digicams. My friend takes photos of carshows and models with Sony digital cameras.
    Don't be full of yourself to assume that I can't master my own camera. As I've stated, there is so much one can do if the camera, itself, is imperfect. And thanks for confirming the fact of its deficiency. Those are professional reviews that have valided my frustrations. Thank you, Mr. NetDriftr, for your sound advice, "LEARN TO USE"....gosh, what a valuable and priceless piece of advice you have given me. I suppose I haven't learned enough about this damn camera in the last 2 years that's in my possession. Please accept the depth of my gratitude for your sound advice...
    Last edited by bellamia; 05-22-07 at 01:12 AM.

Don't be full of yourself to assume that I can't master my own camera.
    you'd be surprise. there are still people who can't use the VCR to record a tv show, and that has been around since the 80s! some people aren't cut up for technology - especially femme nazis who can push mens buttons, but can't push a few camera buttons...

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    And thanks for confirming the fact of its deficiency. Those are professional reviews that have valided my frustrations.
    the reviews also highlighted the pros of the camera - good image quality

you'd be surprise. there are still people who can't use the VCR to record a tv show, and that has been around since the 80s! some people aren't cut up for technology - especially femme nazis who can push mens buttons, but can't push a few camera buttons...:
    lol oh sweetheart, have I pushed your button? I suppose I should forsake photography and go back to do what I know best.

Again, you speak with too much liberty. My frustrations with some of disadvantages of this camera does not warrant a false conclusion that I "can't push the damn camera button."

the reviews also highlighted the pros of the camera - good image quality
    the review also concluded: "If you want a "go anywhere" camera that will be used mostly outdoors, I definitely recommend the DSC-T33. If you'll be taking a lot of flash or low light shots, you'll do better with another camera."

did you miss this or did you simply ignored it since it validated my point?

the review also concluded: "If you want a "go anywhere" camera that will be used mostly outdoors, I definitely recommend the DSC-T33. If you'll be taking a lot of flash or low light shots, you'll do better with another camera."

did you miss this or did you simply ignored it since it validated my point?
    no..the review reinforce my comment that ignorant consumers have no right to cry foul. if you're so knowledgeable with this camera, why did you purchase in the first place?

warlock- the reason why my camera was cheaper was because it has been renewed..meaning customers that bought it..returned for whatever reasons. maybe because they didn't want it anymore or because something was wrong with it..but it was renewed by casio..which i guess it passed all the "tests" so it should work just fine. if not, i can alwys get a refund even though it'll be a hassel. but i read the user feedbacks and many ppl seemed satisfied with their electronic products

n what? tryna stalk me now? haha. i won't give u the exact auction page, but the name of the sellar was -> wegotbetterdeals.
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

everyone can be an expert critic if you cut and paste
    the fact is, this is an ultra compact digital camera. dont expect DSLR quality and functionality which the reviewer from dcresource seemed to expect.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_t33-review/
    The lens used here (and on the earlier T-series models) is an F3.5-4.4, 3X zoom Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar model. As you can see by the maximum aperture, this is a pretty "slow" lens, which means that it doesn't let in as much light as a "faster" lens. This becomes an issue when you want to keep the shutter speed as fast as possible. The focal length of the lens is 6.7 - 20.1 mm, which is equivalent to 38 - 114 mm. You cannot attach a conversion lens to the T33.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Revi...14556&PageId=9
    Pros
    Ultra compact size
    Aesthetics
    Construction quality
    Easy to use and setup
    Good image quality
    Large, easy to read screen and menus
    Included Li-Ion battery, pouch and charger/external PSU
    Video quality and compression is very good
    Useful Info-Lithium battery monitoring

Cons
    Very limiting flash performance
    Lack of manual control over the exposure
    No built-in tripod mount - you have to use the Cybershot station
    No built-in USB port - you have to use the Cybershot station or a card reader
    Auto White Balance is poor indoors
    Lack of Manual WB preset
    Battery life could be better
    Not easy to hand-hold for people with big hands
    Relatively high pricing
    did you read what i said? "they're not as good for the money" meaning i can find something better for the money. i didn't say they were crap.