Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: MP3/MP4 player

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    now that we can all listen to music & watch videos on our hp, is mp3 player still worth to buy?
    which mp3 player brand is good nowadays? (i mean other than i-pod)
    i don't have ipod o any other crappy mp3 players....i think it's a waste of money....i don't need to listen to music 12 hrs per day lol......walking a lil distance n listen to music? gay....listen to music while walking around for class on campus? u have to go to class, u don't have time to enjoy it.....i got a phone with itune in it but i rarely use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    the setup this time is actually different that the old ipods. you'll see when you get it, the organization has improved
    Hey, I'm just wondering if you have the same problem I do. You know how the new 3rd Gen Nano has cover flow? Well, there's two of the same album in my cover flow, right next to each other. For some strange reason I've got TWO of Fallen (Evanescence) & TWO of Breakaway (Kelly Clarkson).
    Last edited by Sourplum; 10-11-07 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    Hey, I'm just wondering if you have the same problem I do. You know how the new 3rd Gen Nano has cover flow? Well, there's two of the same album in my cover flow, right next to each other. For some strange reason I've got TWO of Fallen (Evanescence) & TWO of Breakaway (Kelly Clarkson).
    it's probably because you have two songs of Fallen and two songs of Breakaway
    (each song has an album cover and they are all displayed in the cover flow)
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    it's probably because you have two songs of Fallen and two songs of Breakaway
    (each song has an album cover and they are all displayed in the cover flow)
    Well actually I didn't have any duplicate files, but thanks for your input anyway. I got the problem fixed by deleting the file from the library, and downloading a different file under the same song title, then changed the genre of the song in iTunes and the duplicate album doesn't appear on Coverflow anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    now that we can all listen to music & watch videos on our hp, is mp3 player still worth to buy?
    which mp3 player brand is good nowadays? (i mean other than i-pod)
    I would buy a zune brand because they can store more then ipods and are cheaper. The bad thing is they aren't as slim and small as ipods.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemery View Post
    I would buy a zune brand because they can store more then ipods and are cheaper. The bad thing is they aren't as slim and small as ipods.
    The Zune is a neat player, but I hate it's software. I thought that I disliked iTunes, but after trying Zune, I now have changed my mind about Apple's software.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

I want to buy an mp3 player that's small and convenient and under $200. Any recommendations?
    "What is meant to be will always be."

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I want to buy an mp3 player that's small and convenient and under $200. Any recommendations?
    I suggest the Zen Mozaic. It's small, very stylish, and has great quality.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    200 can net you an ipod touch (16GB 1st generation). the wifi capacity alone is worth the money already. It plays Mp3 well, video you'll need to convert. but other wise a solid player IMO. the only apple player I would recommend.

I recently purchased a Creative ZEN X-Fi 16gb. Current price on Amazon.com is around $165 with free shipping. It have a 2.5" LCD screen, decent built-in speaker, and come package with a pretty good noise-cancelling earpiece. Battery life is roughly 5 hours when watching videos. Considerably longer when listening to music.

The player also have an expandable SD memory slot to increase the capacity even more. You can also connect to Wi-fi and stream music or videos from your computer across a home network. I haven't tried this feature myself but I will once I get home.

I bought this player mainly for use during long international flights. The size is perfect since it can easily slip into my pocket. Storage capacity is not a problem since I can buy as many SD cards as I need. Any videos you have will need to be converted to 320x240 resolution though.

I'm currently looking to buy an iPod Touch for the 3.5" screen and web-browsing functionality.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
    I recently purchased a Creative ZEN X-Fi 16gb. Current price on Amazon.com is around $165 with free shipping. It have a 2.5" LCD screen, decent built-in speaker, and come package with a pretty good noise-cancelling earpiece. Battery life is roughly 5 hours when watching videos. Considerably longer when listening to music.

The player also have an expandable SD memory slot to increase the capacity even more. You can also connect to Wi-fi and stream music or videos from your computer across a home network. I haven't tried this feature myself but I will once I get home.

I bought this player mainly for use during long international flights. The size is perfect since it can easily slip into my pocket. Storage capacity is not a problem since I can buy as many SD cards as I need. Any videos you have will need to be converted to 320x240 resolution though.

I'm currently looking to buy an iPod Touch for the 3.5" screen and web-browsing functionality.
    the reason the touch over the zen is webrowsing, that's just convient right there.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    200 can net you an ipod touch (16GB 1st generation). the wifi capacity alone is worth the money already. It plays Mp3 well, video you'll need to convert. but other wise a solid player IMO. the only apple player I would recommend.
    I also like this, but I prefer something that is all in one such as the iPhone or Nokia N96. It's just a hassle to have many gadgets when traveling. And I'm such a clumsy guy who always lost things.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    I also like this, but I prefer something that is all in one such as the iPhone or Nokia N96. It's just a hassle to have many gadgets when traveling. And I'm such a clumsy guy who always lost things.
    A phone will not do music/video/media as good as a touch, it never was and will probably be a long time before they get one work properly.

1) Battery limitation
    2) Apparently we're a little behind on technology, alot of the new phone these days crash like they want to crash, OS are poorly written (including the iphones). it seems as if we're trying to cram too much without stable tech. Alot of my old stuff are much more stable than the new ones.
    3) If you carry a touch, you don't need a smart phone, something small will work too.

A phone will not do music/video/media as good as a touch, it never was and will probably be a long time before they get one work properly.

1) Battery limitation
    2) Apparently we're a little behind on technology, alot of the new phone these days crash like they want to crash, OS are poorly written (including the iphones). it seems as if we're trying to cram too much without stable tech. Alot of my old stuff are much more stable than the new ones.
    3) If you carry a touch, you don't need a smart phone, something small will work too.
    So, what do you think about this? Meizu M8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbZO318Mz6w. I haven't seen this out on the market yet. But, it looks identical to the Iphone; just alittle more things on it.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    So, what do you think about this? Meizu M8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbZO318Mz6w. I haven't seen this out on the market yet. But, it looks identical to the Iphone; just alittle more things on it.

I wouldn't jump on anything yet, there's a boat load of touch/smart phones coming out that try to imitate the iphone... so just hang around, see what's good and jump on it.

I'll be the 1st to say about the crashing problem. ALL of these "smart" phone that packs tons of feature is basically running an OS like window mobile... and like all OS, they require a restart once in a while (like your computer at home). Unfortunately with a phone, they don't get that intentional restart once every 2-3 days, so they crash... it's as simple as that. So if you plan to grab these phones and use it without too much crashing, reboot it once every 2-3 days on schedule.

I wouldn't jump on anything yet, there's a boat load of touch/smart phones coming out that try to imitate the iphone... so just hang around, see what's good and jump on it.

I'll be the 1st to say about the crashing problem. ALL of these "smart" phone that packs tons of feature is basically running an OS like window mobile... and like all OS, they require a restart once in a while (like your computer at home). Unfortunately with a phone, they don't get that intentional restart once every 2-3 days, so they crash... it's as simple as that. So if you plan to grab these phones and use it without too much crashing, reboot it once every 2-3 days on schedule.
    I am not jumping into anything yet. Phones changes so quickly, like the wind. You never know truely, what is the next thing? From the way you are presenting it, your chances of having more dropped signals/calls is much better, as opposed to a reboots.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 12-04-08 at 07:39 PM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    I am not jumping into anything yet. Phones changes so quickly, like the wind. You never know truely, what is the next thing? From the way you are presenting it, your chances of having more dropped signals/calls is much better, as opposed to a reboots.
    My GPS reboot on me while I'm driving... quite a few times haha, it's the same concept, GPS are small portable computers that runs an OS (they runs GPS software + other stuff like calculator, note pad, games, plays video/music ect...). and they never get turn off, they simply go to "sleep" when you hit the power button. So once in a while they crash haha.

some of the old phones are built like tank, they never crash and some even get better signals than the new ones.

My GPS reboot on me while I'm driving... quite a few times haha, it's the same concept, GPS are small portable computers that runs an OS (they runs GPS software + other stuff like calculator, note pad, games, plays video/music ect...). and they never get turn off, they simply go to "sleep" when you hit the power button. So once in a while they crash haha.

some of the old phones are built like tank, they never crash and some even get better signals than the new ones.
    The marketer's do it, so you have to spend more $$$, lol. I know it's crazy, but the old one's does last alittle longer.