Thread: 原点 The Beginning

Default 原点 The Beginning

Anybody watching The Beginning 原点? It is a collaboration between Singapore's Mediacorp and Malaysia's NTV7. I have watched part of the first two episodes and found it quite nice. Moreover, there are not much dramatic series nowadays from Mediacorp, so this is refreshing.

http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/shows/drama/view/854/1/.html
    Three childhood friends start out with the common wish to be successful in life. When they grew up, however, they ended up treading different paths. Good friends become enemies and lovers are torn apart. Stars Felicia Chin, Shaun Chen, Lim Yee Chung (Malaysia), Stella Chung (Malaysia)
    It is actually a remake of the 1997 Mediacorp series Rising Expectations 长河, which starred Zoe Tay, Li Nanxing, Benedict Goh and Li Lin. I remembered watching Rising Expectations back then. Zoe Tay was good as the simple market girl turned bad in getting revenge.

it was aired in malaysia quite some time ago
    but i din watch it, juz caught a few episodes of the entire series
    if im not mistaken, shaun chen is also a malaysian (he juz went over to s'pore to develop his career) same as a few others such as zhang yau tung
    'God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference' - Reinhold Niebuhr

To be honest, I have no idea why of all the dramas ever done, they choose to remake Rising Expectations. It was quite a lame story. Overly melodramatic, and not at all touching. It focused too much on plotting against one another and taking revenge. The funniest thing was the "long river" actually referred to Singapore River. This drama also marked the beginning of Li Nanxing being typecasted as a struggling loser/vagrant/single dad type of roles.

Quote Originally Posted by convoy View Post
    Anybody watching The Beginning 原点? It is a collaboration between Singapore's Mediacorp and Malaysia's NTV7. I have watched part of the first two episodes and found it quite nice. Moreover, there are not much dramatic series nowadays from Mediacorp, so this is refreshing.

http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/shows/drama/view/854/1/.html

It is actually a remake of the 1997 Mediacorp series Rising Expectations 长河, which starred Zoe Tay, Li Nanxing, Benedict Goh and Li Lin. I remembered watching Rising Expectations back then. Zoe Tay was good as the simple market girl turned bad in getting revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by sagiescorp85 View Post
    it was aired in malaysia quite some time ago
    but i din watch it, juz caught a few episodes of the entire series
    if im not mistaken, shaun chen is also a malaysian (he juz went over to s'pore to develop his career) same as a few others such as zhang yau tung
    Yes.. You are not mistaken. Shaun Chen is indeed a malaysian. Btw, this show quite alright. I like the songs played there. haha
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

this series is average,noting special compare to other singapore series.
    chainsaw+ultravoice=Sawyer!