Thread: Caught uploading Heart of Greed!

Default Caught uploading Heart of Greed!

I've been watching Heart of Greed on Youtube for the past week and then suddenly all the episodes got deleted. I checked around and someone posted a comment warning HOG uploaders to be careful. I checked the link he provided and here's the article. And can someone PLEASE translate it? Even if you don't translate it whole, can you please explain to me the core of the article? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    (星島日報報道)電視劇《溏心風暴 》熱爆全城,劇情發展成為市民討論熱話,更有網民漠視版權法例,將劇集完整版本,搬到個人網誌或YouTu be 上公諸同好。無電視發言人強調,劇集版權屬該公司,若有人涉嫌侵權,不排除採取法律行動;而該劇集演員俱 支持公司決定,認為網上看劇會影響收視率。

由夏雨、李司棋 、關菊英 及鍾嘉欣 等演員擔綱的電視劇《溏心風暴》,近日在坊間掀起一股「追看潮」,有網民甘冒「犯法」之險,將劇集上載互聯 網供人欣賞。在YouTube網站內,劇集由第一至二十一集的完整版本,遭人以「斬件」形式放上網,網民只 要按照次序便可看足全集。部分短片被放上網短短數天,點擊次數已逾兩萬;也有個別短片被瀏灠超過六萬次,反 映短片十分受歡迎。

另外,在個別網友的網誌中,也有人將劇集錄影後,全套放到網上「大公開」,當作網誌內容一部分與網友免 費分享。這些網誌中,部分是在境外註冊。

無電視外事部助理總監曾醒明稱,《溏心風暴》播映以來,曾發現有網民將對白化成文字擺上互聯網,這是 首次發現有人將各集《溏心風暴》上載互聯網。

曾醒明強調牽涉侵犯版權問題,公司法律部必定會致函YouTube及網誌主人,要求對方刪除相關片段。 即使有關網站的伺服基地設於境外,他們也會照樣發出律師信,若對方不理勸喻,會採取進一步法律 行動。

對於《溏心風暴》遭人放上網,劇中演員均表示感謝觀眾支持,不過仍希望觀眾要在電視台播放時段收看,以 免影響收視率,他們亦支持及尊重公司決定。

飾演「大契」的李司棋表示,劇集出街後掀起熱潮,但收視率卻只有三十二點,不算太高,她曾懷疑是由於有 人非法在網上收看,她呼籲觀眾守規矩。飾演「常在心」的鍾嘉欣則表示心情矛盾,因劇集多人收看,感到很開心 ,但觀眾在網上看劇集卻會影響收視,她希望觀眾循規蹈矩,在電視台播放時段欣賞劇集。

SOURCE: Hong Kong Yahoo! News ( http://hk.news.yahoo.com/070513/60/27b1z.html )

To sum it up, TVB's legal department asked YouTube and another website (not specified) to remove all offending download and streaming links to Heart of Greed since it violates their copyright ownership of the production. It also mentions that TVB would pursue further legal action if either sites did not cease posting their content.
    -SC

A lot of TVB content has been removed. Beautiful Cooking a show I watched on youtube has most of its videos removed also.

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet View Post
    To sum it up, TVB's legal department asked YouTube and another website (not specified) to remove all offending download and streaming links to Heart of Greed since it violates their copyright ownership of the production. It also mentions that TVB would pursue further legal action if either sites did not cease posting their content.
    Thank you, spcnet!
    Last edited by Tom; 02-03-08 at 06:57 PM.