Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: okay....okay....

it's not even about correcting his mistakes and w/e, it's just morally wrong. Life isn't fair but don't make it worst when you're cheating on a thing such as a paper or test. By doing it, you are violating the 500 people in the same class's right, what about the other ****** who got F and D who ain't your friend? there's a clear line dividing what's type of sacrisfy you can make for a friend, you do it out of your own benefit, meaning you sacrisfy yourself for your friend, not doing it on someone else's benefit.

easier theory: you rob a bank and save your friend because he's poor. is that right? this is even worst than money, you're robbing people's knowledge for your friend, that's morally wrong. why do you think university expel people for cheating in test? this is the same thing. You help your friends when he's short of money, or he need tutor, spend your time helping him, not cheating for him.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    it's not even about correcting his mistakes and w/e, it's just morally wrong. Life isn't fair but don't make it worst when you're cheating on a thing such as a paper or test. By doing it, you are violating the 500 people in the same class's right, what about the other ****** who got F and D who ain't your friend? there's a clear line dividing what's type of sacrisfy you can make for a friend, you do it out of your own benefit, meaning you sacrisfy yourself for your friend, not doing it on someone else's benefit.

easier theory: you rob a bank and save your friend because he's poor. is that right? this is even worst than money, you're robbing people's knowledge for your friend, that's morally wrong. why do you think university expel people for cheating in test? this is the same thing. You help your friends when he's short of money, or he need tutor, spend your time helping him, not cheating for him.
    lets just say "life isnt fair."

people in university alway get expelled for cheating, but did u know at least 25% of the people still cheat and the teachers cant do anything about it? did u know people from the earlier class give answers to the ppl from the later classes? did u know people take stuff off google and put it in their essay? did u know people buy the answer key book to do their hw? did u know people copy each others hw? test? did u know there are people who graduated from a university that knows nothing? did u know money can get u into the best university? did u know money can get u straight As?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post

people in university alway get expelled for cheating, but did u know at least 25% of the people still cheat and the teachers cant do anything about it? did u know people from the earlier class give answers to the ppl from the later classes? did u know people take stuff off google and put it in their essay? did u know people buy the answer key book to do their hw? did u know people copy each others hw? test? did u know there are people who graduated from a university that knows nothing? did u know money can get u into the best university? did u know money can get u straight As?
    There's a difference. Some people know of these things and don't do it. That I consider honorable, people who I see as role models.

The ones that uses the 'resources' that you stated, are the ones that I wouldn't even want to call friends.

It's what seperates good and bad. The good people thinks about it but doesn't do it. The bad people thinks it, plans it, and does it.

Now where's the logic? Just because there are people who cheat means that you have the right to do the same?

True, life isn't fair. But we would appreciate if people don't use this as a flimsy excuse to justify their wrongdoings. Surely there's no need to make life any more unfair than it already is.

ahhh ok u guys are right, im a bad TA lol i'll try to be a fair TA if i ever become one

As much as I agree with warlock this time and have no real intention to argue with him, I find this some warped reasoning.

easier theory: you rob a bank and save your friend because he's poor. is that right? this is even worst than money, you're robbing people's knowledge for your friend that's morally wrong. why do you think university expel people for cheating in test? this is the same thing. =
    How is adding marks to your friend robbing knowledge for him or her? Your analogy here failed big time.

damn people; don't be so harsh on lido_freak..after all..she is "lido"..either that or she sounds like a 12-13 yr. old

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    The ones that uses the 'resources' that you stated, are the ones that I wouldn't even want to call friends.
    o_o'
    so u've never cheated before?
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    damn people; don't be so harsh on lido_freak..after all..she is "lido"..either that or she sounds like a 12-13 yr. old

o_o'
    so u've never cheated before?
    I don't think so. If I don't get a specific school assignment I told the teacher. And all of my teachers understood and even gave me credit for coming to them when I needed help. No teacher is going to say, 'you're retarded, how can you not understand this simply thing?', if they did they would be fired.

If you can't handle the responsibilities of what a TA brings, quit the job. No point hurting your teacher's trust, your friend's trust and progress, and your own fairness, just to please your friend and yourself in the short term.

Imo, if you are marking, you shouldn't be able to see the name of the student on the paper. There should be some confidentiality involved.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

u sure are tough. u would make a good TA. but i dunno... i knew my best friend when i was in elementary school and im willing to help him out if he needs it cause we sorta been thru death together haha.
    You are not helping him out by cheating for him. And it's only an asignment, not a life and death situation and his whole future doesn't depend on that 1 asignment. U can help him do better in the next asignment.

So, because life is unfair, you will participate in making it even more unfair?

ahhh ok u guys are right, im a bad TA lol i'll try to be a fair TA if i ever become one
    You better don't be a TA. If someone offer u a TA job, reject it, since u have no sense of fairness or trust (the professor trust u to mark fairly).
    Last edited by kidd; 05-18-07 at 09:58 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I don't think so. If I don't get a specific school assignment I told the teacher. And all of my teachers understood and even gave me credit for coming to them when I needed help. No teacher is going to say, 'you're retarded, how can you not understand this simply thing?', if they did they would be fired.
    so u havent unbelievable

neways. haha back then i was SO SO SOOO ****ing bad..things that i couldn't believe i really did in 8th grade..my close friend who was a smart asian(still is actually)..would sit next to me n i would cheat on almost EVERY damn test and i would whisper "gime number 26 27 28 29" thru-out the test LMAO. that's how i got my a's and b's T_T
    and in 9th grade..ahh. i would make CHEAT SHEETS for tests..i'd type up all the notes i needed into word doc. for the class and then make the font size like 3 or something so the whole thing would be about the size of 3 in. x 3 in. at most =X what's even worse is i'd ask my friends if they needed one so i can give them a copy
    but since then..i never cheated nemore. idk why..junior and senior year..all my grades were earned fair and square keke (ok, so maybe there was this 1 time when i whispered to my friend.. )

but i would NEVER cheat in college.
    Last edited by imthatlady; 05-18-07 at 09:57 PM.

<3 them.

is it just me or you've been cussin' and swearing much more lately?

<3 them.

so u havent unbelievable

neways. haha back then i was SO SO SOOO ****ing bad..things that i couldn't believe i really did in 8th grade..my close friend who was a smart asian(still is actually)..would sit next to me n i would cheat on almost EVERY damn test and i would whisper "gime number 26 27 28 29" thru-out the test LMAO. that's how i got my a's and b's T_T
    and in 9th grade..ahh. i would make CHEAT SHEETS for tests..i'd type up all the notes i needed into word doc. for the class and then make the font size like 3 or something so the whole thing would be about the size of 3 in. x 3 in. at most =X what's even worse is i'd ask my friends if they needed one so i can give them a copy
    but since then..i never cheated nemore. idk why..junior and senior year..all my grades were earned fair and square keke (ok, so maybe there was this 1 time when i whispered to my friend.. )

but i would NEVER cheat in college. i made that as a vow to myself haha

I can honestly say, I've never done anything similar to what you did. Whispering to friends to give you the answer? Wouldn't the teacher hear you? Our teacher always sat at the front of the room watching us while we took the test, or sometimes they'll be walking up and down the aisles between our desks. And the 3x3 note cards, where'd you keep it? The teacher would see you take it out and looking at it.

I can honestly say, I've never done anything similar to what you did. Whispering to friends to give you the answer? Wouldn't the teacher hear you? Our teacher always sat at the front of the room watching us while we took the test, or sometimes they'll be walking up and down the aisles between our desks. And the 3x3 note cards, where'd you keep it? The teacher would see you take it out and looking at it.
    lol..well i always waited until the teacher wasn't looking or was out of the room when i'd asked..only did it to the 'easy' teachers though..by that i mean the teachers who wouldn't 'stare' or walk around the room while testing and frankly, none of my teachers were like that my sociology teacher right now doesn't even give a shit if we cheat.

and as for the cheat sheets..haha. i would hide it under my desk and when they weren't looking, i'd quickly bring it up n slide it under my test..n netime i needed..i just have to 'slip' my test over so i can read whats on the sheet =x

<3 them.

lol..well i always waited until the teacher wasn't looking or was out of the room when i'd asked..only did it to the 'easy' teachers though..by that i mean the teachers who wouldn't 'stare' or walk around the room while testing and frankly, none of my teachers were like that my sociology teacher right now doesn't even give a shit if we cheat.

and as for the cheat sheets..haha. i would hide it under my desk and when they weren't looking, i'd quickly bring it up n slide it under my test..n netime i needed..i just have to 'slip' my test over so i can read whats on the sheet =x

It's funny how people would take time to go through all that trouble when you could easily sit for an hour or so and study the material and earn the grade.

^ omg i know! haha. funny how i never got caught though..but someone else i know did lmao. what can i say, i'm good& slick.

lol cocky moment! even though that shouldn't be something to be proud of =l

but i know someone that's worse than me this girl n her friend didn't take a test since they were absent and they didnt study..but the rest of the class did & there was a smart girl that had straight A's so obviously, she had an "A" on her test..so what they did was one of them would distract the girl..and the other would steal the test(the teacher handed it back to the ones that did take it) and copied down the answers. once she was done..the friend would go distract her again while she would try and slip the test back onto her desk
    i was actually disgusted 'cause that's taking it too far n i told them they were *****s..guess it didn't help much

<3 them.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    You are not helping him out by cheating for him. And it's only an asignment, not a life and death situation and his whole future doesn't depend on that 1 asignment. U can help him do better in the next asignment.

So, because life is unfair, you will participate in making it even more unfair?

You better don't be a TA. If someone offer u a TA job, reject it, since u have no sense of fairness or trust (the professor trust u to mark fairly).
    like i said, i would TELL him afterwards what he got wrong and tell him to study more cause i wont cheat for him again. 1 assignment means a lot at my university cause most of my classes we get like about 5 assignment each quarter and the life and death haha when we were young we did very bad stuff

if u always play life the "fair" way, u will also be treated unfairly. trust me on this one. im not saying u should always be cheating and stuff, but u know...

i will not be a TA cause i know its not the right job for me

He could react in two ways - he's thankful - shows it's such a waste that you risked your *** for him, as it seems he's unlikely the type to learn from his mistakes/change; or he's angry or embarrassed - in which case it's better to let him find out his mark himself instead of putting yourself in a sticky situation.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    He could react in two ways - he's thankful - shows it's such a waste that you risked your *** for him, as it seems he's unlikely the type to learn from his mistakes/change; or he's angry or embarrassed - in which case it's better to let him find out his mark himself instead of putting yourself in a sticky situation.
    u cant assume right or wrong, theres always the grey area!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian View Post
    As much as I agree with warlock this time and have no real intention to argue with him, I find this some warped reasoning.

How is adding marks to your friend robbing knowledge for him or her? Your analogy here failed big time.
    earing better grades that he doesn't deserve, pull the average up, that's robbing.